• This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic

#61 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:49 PM

"We are not things!" Dex said, glaring at the two who were carrying them. "And we don't appreciate being talked about as if we aren't here either!"

Really, he hoped Mrs. C knew what she was doing! These two seemed to be headed for the naughty list, but fast!

#62 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:01 PM

LoP and Celeste spent several minutes locating a landing spot on the map and finally Celeste pointed one out. It was still several kilometers from the site, but it looked like an easy path. LoP contacted one of the satellites in orbit near the site and had the camera onboard zoom in. The area sprang on the viewscreen and showed only snow and ice. A puzzled LoP turned toward Mrs. Claus.

Excuse me, but our satellite showa nothing at that site.

Mrs. Claus laughed, and infectious laugh at that, before answereing.

"It wouldn't do for people to see the village now would it. Santa uses a magic shere buried underneath the site that keeps it invisible unless you are walking into it."

LoP raised one eyebrow in doubt.

"Don't look at me like that. You'll see when we get there."

Okay, I will wait and see. Meanwhile I think I'm going to read up on your husband some more while we wait for my staff.

He activated his comm.

Athena, prepare the Horizon for takeoff and load on extreme cold weather gear for the entire staff.

Will do. And I'm always ready for takeoff.

LoP smiled slightly as he signed off and activated the main viewscreen in the room. Information from Earth about Santa Claus began to scroll past as everyone in the room watched.

Edited by Lover of Purple, 03 December 2007 - 03:06 PM.

#63 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:13 PM

Si groaned

"I don't like heights, I think I'm going to be sick"....she closed her eyes...are we nearly there?

Herk marched up the steps of the command centre, as the doors slid open he reached up and grabbed Dex...he set the strange little man on the ground..."don't move until I tell you to"

He activated his comm

Celeste...we're downstairs.... we have two small people and a feline with us, they want to talk to the President.

Celeste listened to the message and laughed

"Curiouser and curiouser....Boss Herk and Suki have arrived, apparently there are a couple of 'small' people who wish to speak with you....she looked at Mrs Clause..Ma'am would the small people be anything to do with you?"

#64 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:27 PM

As the doors to the big, sparkly building slid open, Mia slipped in between them before the others. The white cat moved close to a couch and stood near the leg to be out of the way of the people moving around. No need to be stepped on, especially her tail. There were a great many different kinds of people who looked like the purple ones outside, the ones with the giant claws sticking out of their arms, and others who looked like her in her human form.

Mia felt a rush of excitement at all that was going on around her...and they were going to meet someone called Celeste and the President. Seeing that Si and Dex appeared safe and unharmed, Mia ventured away from the couch leg and wandered around a bit, sniffing and watching everything while they waited. She even leaped up onto a counter to be up higher and stared at a purple man in a uniform.

*Very exciting,* she then said to the elves from the height of the counter. *Think your Mrs. C is here? Think feed us...? Awfully hungry!*

#65 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:41 PM

Mrs. Claus smiled and nodded.

"Yes, they are...except the cat. I have no idea where they found a cat.

LoP nodded.

Tell them to come on up.

LoP's comm beeped for attention. He glanced at the readout and saw it was from security so he activated it.

Go ahead.

"Sir, we have found a unidentified space ship just outside the city. Our sensors tracked it as it landed. The ship never requested clearance but seems to not be a warship or fighter. What would you like done with it?"

LoP thought for a moment.

Where did you find it? Send me the coordinates please.

He read the information.

Take it to a secure hanger bay and post guards around it. No one is to enter without my permission. I think I may be meeting the owners. LoP out.

Edited by Lover of Purple, 03 December 2007 - 03:46 PM.

#66 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:02 PM

Herk recieved the message from Celeste and glared at Dex and Si

"Come with me, the President will see you...he looked at the feline....that stays here"

Si gasped and rushed over to Mia.....no Sir, she must come with us..please...I'll carry her...she'll be no trouble..she carefully picked Mia up...sorry Mia, I'll put you down as soon as I can....I don't want to leave you behind...everything is so very big and so very strange...you will come with us to meet the President....he will know a way for you to get home

Herk growled and shook his head

Very well...it can come, but if it starts clawing the furniture or shedding on the president.....he winked at Suki....we have some creatures on Kroyous that are partial to feline flesh

Si went as white as her hair and clutched Mia.......she looked at Dex.....we'll take care of her......can we see the president now?

Herk took them upstairs and showed them into the meeting room....he stopped and stared at the lady in red.....I must be dreaming....Celeste laughed....that was my reaction Herk...but you're not dreaming, this is all very real and besides you're an AI, you don't dream.....she looked at the newcomers and smiled

"Hello and what can we do for you?"

#67 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:09 PM

Suki chuckled as she carried the little creature and set her down once they reached the command centre. She was slightly surprised that LoP wanted to see them but nevertheless she went with them up to the meeting room. The android looked at the woman in red and quirked her eyebrow. "A woman dressed as Santa Clause visits the president as well?" She enquired.

#68 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

Celeste looked at Suki...."you know about Santa Clause?"

#69 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:22 PM

LoP watched as the two "elves" walked into the room, but what caught his attention was the feline being carried by one. He could feel its' intelligence through the JMT so, to everyone's surprised, he spoke to the cat.

Welcome to Kroyous. Would you prefer to take another form than a cat? It might make it easier to talk with the rest. I presume that the spaceship we found just outside the city is yours?

#70 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:32 PM

Suki closed her eyes while she connected with her ship-self. "Processing." She recalled the specifics of the data then opened them again. "Santa Clause. Sometimes known as Father Christmas linked to the Christmas celebration of old Earth. A mythical character said to deliver presents to good children once a year during this celebration during the night. Common variations of the myth is that Santa Clause flies in a sled powered by magical reindeer that can walk on air and enters houses through chimneys. He is accompanied by Elf Helpers in most variations." She glanced casually at the woman in red. "Most stopped beliving in the myth as they grew to maturity and historians have said that the presents were usually given by the parents rather than the Santa Clause." Suki smiled at Celeste. "I can provide you with a more detailed report if you wish but that covers the basics." She said. "I'm a human based AI of the Old Commonwealth. The myths of Christmas were well-documented."

#71 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

Dex followed the two things in to see the president and was surprised when he spoke to the cat-even asking if it would rather take another form. He was glad to see Mrs. C. there, that was a big relief. He turned to the president.

"You should teach your people better manners." He said, going over to Mrs. C.

#72 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:20 PM

A Com system message flashed up on James screen. It was a notice that a ship was being moved to the special projects area and was to have a class five security detail assigned.  He sent out the needed orders and since he needed to get other things apporved he'd head over to LOP's office and get both a update and the needed documents signed.

#73 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:40 PM

Mia didn't mind being picked up by Si, and she flung one front leg around the elf's neck. She knew she was heavy for the little elf and tried to remain still, but one back leg slipped out and hung down over Si's arm.

It was almost overwhelming entering the office with all the people there, the chubby lady dressed all in red, and the addition of their group of four...plus herself, of course.

"Hello and what can we do for you?"

Mia looked up from Si's arms to a woman who resembled the man who'd brought them...the one with the claws on his arms.

"Welcome to Kroyous. Would you prefer to take another form than a cat? It might make it easier to talk with the rest. I presume that the spaceship we found just outside the city is yours?"

The white cat blinked and drew her head back in surprise. This must be the President...and a very powerful wizard or magician he must be to see through her animal form. Mia thought for a moment of pretending to not understand, but it seemed they had confiscated her ship.

*Put down, Si,* Mia requested and waited until the elf had set her gently on the floor.

Once again morphing quickly into her human form of a thirteen-year old girl with light brown hair, Mia stood before the purple man with the tail. She was dressed in a white pants and a top with fur trim on the cuffs and white boots. Gone was the heavy coat.  She bowed formally as was the custom of her people; but she also reached out and found Si's hand to hold--although the little elf had to reach up.

"Mia of the House of Dalaran," the young girl said.  She took a deep breath. "Thanks for letting me in to see you. And, yeah, the ship is mine. Sorry about the crashing and all that...things kinda went haywire after I crossed through the rip in time...not a fun trip really," she finished.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 03 December 2007 - 08:46 PM.

#74 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:45 PM

Karmen watched with interest as the two little people and the cat were brought in. She would have thought it was just a cat, but LoP apparently saw through the disguise, and when the cat changed into a young girl, he was proven right.

She didn't have anything to add to the conversation at present, so she just continued to observe. She did feel sorry for the two little people though, Herk and Suki had apparently hurt their feelings in some way.

#75 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 04:19 AM

I can provide you with a more detailed report if you wish

Celeste shook her head

"no that's fine Suki, thank you.....I think we should stop referring to him as a myth though, it would seem that he is as real as you and I"

She smiled at Si and Dex

"You are his elf helpers aren't you?"

She gasped as the cat turned into a woman....."now I've seen everything!"

Herk took a step back

"Mia of the House of Dalaran I apologise.....you were a cat, I had no idea....he sighed.....this is all too strange for me"

Si held onto Mias hand as she looked at the blond woman with the spiky arms

"Yes we are his elf helpers.....she pointed to Celestes bonespurs .....what are they and why do you have them?"

#76 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:58 AM

"Yes, we are his elf helpers-not its" Dex answered the woman with the spiky arms. At least she seemed to have some manners. "Mrs. C., are they going to help?"

Edited by Chatterbox, 04 December 2007 - 05:58 AM.

#77 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 11:24 AM

LoP showed no surprise as the cat changed. He smiled and bowed slightly.

Welcome to Kroyous, Mia of the House of Dalaran. With your permission I can have our repair crew take a look at your ship and attempt to repair it.

Now I know how I can help these elves, but how may I be of assistance to you Mia?

#78 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:29 PM

"Mia of the House of Dalaran I apologise.....you were a cat, I had no idea....this is all too strange for me"

Mia narrowed her green eyes at the man with the spikey arms then relaxed. He was right, he hadn't realized what she was...so she nodded and forgave him. "Just be nice to cats from on, okay," she said.

While Si and Dex spoke to the lady with the spikey arms...she hoped to learn everyone's name soon...Mia turned back to the President as he actually welcomed her and offered to repair her ship.

"Wow! Thanks, I didn't expect it to be this easy. So...since you'll work on my ship, which is what I really wanted to ask you about, I'd really, really like to meet this Lord Claus that my friends here have been talking about. And from what I've heard her say," Mia paused to point to Suki, "so far there's gifts and a sled and flying reindeer...and I'd just really, really like to hang around and help. Please," the girl added, hopping from foot to foot. "Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!"

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 04 December 2007 - 08:22 PM.

#79 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 12:47 PM

LoP nodded.

I don't see any problem with you helping out Mia. Now, please call me LoP. This is my second in command Celeste LoP motioned toward the Nietzchean woman standing near the map they had been looking at.. You've met her ship's avatar, Herk and his mate Suki.

Sitting over here is Tioki and this is Samantha, she is new to my staff.

The door slid open and James walked in, his eyes taking everything in quickly.

And the person who just entered is James, head of my military.

LoP nodded toward Mrs. Claus.

And this is Mrs. Claus, who seems to be with your elf friends.

Mrs. Claus smiled her infectous smile as she leaned down to Mia.

"Very nice to meet you. Any friend of the elves are a friend of mine."

#80 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:02 PM

"Whoo hooo!" Mia replied as LoP said she could help. Technically she wasn't really "thirteen" but closer to forty; however, her people had such a long lifespan that they aged very slowly. She varied between acting her appearance and her real age.

Listening carefully Mia took in everyone's name getting to know them and gave little waves to each. This was going to be so much fun, she thought, with a grin. She'd have to figure out what an 'avatar' was because that would explain why she hadn't smelled Herk and Suki when she was a cat.

And when Mrs. Claus came over to hug her, Mia couldn't help but hug her back and smile widely. Wow, she smelled good, too! "Nice to meet you, too, Ma'am...Si and Dex are great friends to have."

Plopping down on the floor and sitting cross-legged, Mia excitedly waited to hear what was going on. She smiled at Si and Dex happily. This was just the thing she needed until her ship was fixed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users