• This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic

#81 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:35 PM

Ships avatars-no wonder the two of them were so rude. Dex thought to himself. He looked around and took in all the names that the purple one called LoP introduced, and noticed another female sitting quietly. He smiled when a solid white cat bounded into the room behind the spiky-armed one called James and jumped into her lap. "Does that one turn into a person too?" He asked. "And I don't think you've been introduced yet-I'm Poindexter-Dex or Dexter will do, and this is my friend Si."

Karmen was taken slightly aback when her cat, Selina, showed up-she usually didn't bother. She smiled when the elf male asked if she could also turn into a person. "No, she can't, but I think she sometimes thinks she's a person anyway." She told the little man. "I'm Karmen, it's very nice to meet you, Dexter."

#82 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 03:55 PM

"Ok so could someone explain what is going on?" James asked.

#83 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:54 PM

LoP pointed James to the map.

Mrs. Claus tells us that her husband has a construction site at our North Pole, but when she lost contact with him she came here for our help in finding him. I've told her we will offer what assistance we can.

He glanced at the elves before continuing.

These two are two of his.....er elves.

#84 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:02 PM

Tioki said nothing as she sat in her chair, observing the newcomers expressionlessly. She too had percieved something unusual about the car that could turn into some kind of humanoid but had otherwise said nothing. She didn't know what to believe and decided to continue observing carefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suki gave no visible indication of surprise at the way events were unfolding although her expression was profoundly skeptical. Santa Clause was a myth along with his flying reindeer and these 'elves' were probably genetically engineered. Her ship-self was amused because in a way Suki was becoming almost as skeptical as her mate. "I would be interested in learning what aspect of genetic engineering or technology allows you to shape shift Mia." She declared.

Edited by Mikoto, 04 December 2007 - 08:03 PM.

#85 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:31 PM

Mia turned her attention to Suki while LoP brought the man, James, that had just arrived up to date.

The girl tipped her head to one side in confusion. She shrugged slightly. "Well, it's just magic really," Mia said casually. "My people use technology for other things, but otherwise those of us with the talent use our magic. Watch."

Mia glanced around then reached up for a pen on LoP's desk. She showed it to Suki then moved her hand over it in one direction. In its place was a small, sharp dagger.  She smiled innocently. "See, magic."

#86 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:58 PM

"I would guess an AI is too logical to believe in magic." Karmen told Mia. "I would guess Suki even believes the two elves are somehow genetically engineered too. Me, I've always believed magic existed in one form or another-somewhere."

She stroked Selina's fur as she contemplated what could have happened to Santa-obviously there was trouble on the North Pole of Kroyous, but of what kind, there was no telling.

"Do either of you two elves know what happened?" She asked.

#87 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:30 AM

Si stared at everyone....so many new people....so many new tall people.....she shuffled her feet nervously and tried to move closer to Mrs Clause

"Do either of you two elves know what happened?

She squeaked and shook her head

No, not really...you'd best ask Mrs C....I don't know anything..I just..we're here to help that's all

Celeste whispered to Herk

"magic, elves, flying animals......it makes it so much easier to believe in JMT don't you think?"

#88 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:38 AM

Suki watched Mia perform her trick and thought about it. Tesseracts were another possibility-or having the dagger up her sleeve or possibly a new form of technology. She steadfastly refused to believe in magic. "There is no magic." She stated dispassionately. "Just science you don't understand." She was fairly certain the JMT fell into this catagory, an unknown and as yet untested force in the universe that had nothing to do with mysticism.

#89 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

LoP watched Mia change his pen into a dagger. Interesting, he thought, a rare form of material manipulation. With a wave of his hand, the dagger left Mia's hand and flew into LoP's. He examined the small dagger.

Very nice work, Mia. Is there any reason you changed my pen into a weapon instead of something harmless? He smiled as a look of concern crossed her face. No, I don't think you planned anything evil. I'm a teacher of what we Trancers call the JMT and I find myself teaching anyone with an ability that could be cause for concern if used wrong. James here is head of my security forces and turning a pen into a weapon could get you in trouble with him if he thought you planned on using it on me.

Okay everyone, we will meet at the Purple Horizon in an hour. Athena will have cold weather gear onboard. He turned to the elves and Mia. I'm not sure she will have anything in your sizes though.

#90 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:53 AM

"I would guess an AI is too logical to believe in magic. I would guess Suki even believes the two elves are somehow genetically engineered too. Me, I've always believed magic existed in one form or another-somewhere."

Mia smiled at the lady named Karmen, her eyes darting to the white cat on her lap. Mia loved felines of all sizes and kept wanting to stroke the beautiful cat. She knew it was a regular cat but could tell that the animal loved her human.

Si moved closer to Mrs. Claus as Suki spoke to Mia. "There is no magic. Just science you don't understand."

Mia wasn't offended or hurt in any way. She just didn't understand not believing in magic. It was real where she came from.

Then Mia gave a small gasp as the small dagger flew out of her hand and into LoP's. She felt bad about alarming the man who was so kind to help.

"Is there any reason you changed my pen into a weapon instead of something harmless? No, I don't think you planned anything evil. I'm a teacher of what we Trancers call the JMT and I find myself teaching anyone with an ability that could be cause for concern if used wrong."

"I'm sorry, Sir," the girl replied, still sitting on the floor. She meant no harm to anyone. "I usually change things into something useful...knives are useful. It wasn't meant to be a weapon. I'll be more careful, I promise."

Mia didn't want to get into trouble with her new friends.

"Okay everyone, we will meet at the Purple Horizon in an hour. Athena will have cold weather gear onboard. I'm not sure she will have anything in your sizes though."

Mia stood up and moved with Si and Dex. "Don't worry about me," she said. "I can provide my own clothes when the time comes. Or make do with something small."

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 05 December 2007 - 11:54 AM.

#91 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:41 PM

"Magic doesn't exist."

Karmen smiled at Suki-she hadn't expected to change her mind, but she had to say something. She knew from experience that something existed. She remembered back to before she'd left Alan-now that one put Scrooge to shame-he went so far as to not celebrate the holiday at all, right down to no gift-giving, but, somehow, she had always received a gift on her dresser.

"We'll see." She said, still smiling.

She looked over at Mia. "I didn't mean to sound accusing, I was just curious." She told the little elf.

"No, I don't know what happened either." Dex said. "And I can also provide my own cold-weather gear when the time comes."

#92 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

James smiled at the there is no such thing as magic. He had heard that about the Force. But he had seen it in action. There was no way to say something was impossible without actually showing that it did not work. Using this 'magic' to turn a pen into a weapons was wasteful. Better to use the pen as it is and also as a weapon.  But it was not good to bring up such facts.

"Well if you folks would care to show us what data you have. I mean by that location and layout of buildings as well as what you can tell us of the insides of the building. I gather that with magic internal size is not always the same as the outside of the same building." he said taking a seat and taking up another of the controls.

#93 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:20 AM

Dex smiled at himself at all the grownups showing a skepticism of magic-even when it was demonstrated in front of their eyes-they still tried to use logic to explain it away. It was no wonder very few of them ever received presents from Santa after a certain age. Only a few ever continued receiving after growing up-he flicked a look at Karmen and smiled-she was one who still held a belief in magic and Santa that a hard life had not dampened.

#94 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:23 AM

We'll get that information once we are airborne. Mrs. Claus, you and your friends wait here and I'll have Athena take you to the ship.

Now, let's go people.

LoP waited until everyone else had left and Athena had arrived before he left to get his lightsaber and forcelance.

Athena, this is Mrs. Claus, Mia, SI and Dex. Please take them to the Purple Horizon and be sure they are comfortable. I'll see al of you in a few minutes.

When LoP left, Athena turned toward the woman who seemed to her to be the leader of the small people.

I am Athena, avatar to the Purple Horizon. Is there anything you require before we go to the ship?

#95 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:32 PM

Mia said hello to the woman LoP left them with and tilted her head to one side. She reminded the girl of the Herk and Suki in a way. Mia morphed back into her cat form, her body seeming to fold in half as she changed until she was standing on four while paws. The white cat circled around Athena and sniffed, then looked up at her, green eyes shining.

*Not real,* she "said" to Si and Dex. *Like other two that brought us.*

Mia rubbed the top of her head along Athena's leg and wound around her legs, then sat between the woman and Mrs. Claus and the elves, waiting for what came next.

#96 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:38 PM

Athena watched the small human turn into a feline creature and smell her. She smiled slightly and petted the animal gently.

Nice feline form. You will problably smell non-biological odors since I am basically a machine, even though a very advanced one.

She looked up at the other's puzzled expressions.

I am an android based on a very sophisticated technology handed down by the Vedrans. My brain is synthetic and tied into my ship self. I guess it may be complicated, let's just say I am Athena your friend.

#97 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:40 PM

Si looked at the others......they have machines that look like people, act like people, could be people if they smelled like people....some have synthetic brains and are part of a ship.....she giggled ..... and yet they don't believe in magic...I don't think I understand them at all.....she looked up at Athena......It's nice to have another new friend though.......she ran her fingers through Mia's soft fur and started humming

Edited by Raeven, 06 December 2007 - 02:40 PM.

#98 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:51 PM

Athena led her group to the waiting Purple Horizon and made sure they were all seated and ready for take off.

LoP arrived at the ship with his lightsaber clipped to his belt and a forcelance in its' holster. He nodded at everyone and settled into the command chair. He scanned the readouts that Athena was sending to him and smiled his apporval. The ship was ready and waiting for the rest of his staff.

He accepted the cup of coffee Athena handed him ans took a sip. It seemed amazing to him that Santa Claus really existed, a person he had only read about this same morning. Magic, flying reindeer, elves and who knew what else was waiting for them. He spoke softly.

This could be fun.

#99 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:45 PM

Karmen sat in her chair after boarding. She had gone home and changed from her normal workday clothes to something more appropriate-a black catsuit, which would insulate her under her arctic clothes when she had to put them on. She had brought her forcelance and lightsaber with her since she had no idea what they were going to find when they got to the pole.

Fun? She wasn't so sure, but she figured he didn't mean literal fun-at least she hoped he didn't.

Dex sat down in his seat as he looked around the big ship-he almost felt swallowed up in it, but he like it. He just hoped these people could help them find Mr. C. before it was too late.

#100 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:09 PM

As she padded along behind Athena--the real but not real lady who seemed very nice--and into the huge ship, Mia was still half purring from the petting Si had given her. From her low vantage point the interior of the ship where they were led to sit seemed even larger than it was, but the white cat prowled around investigating everything. Under chairs, over consoles taking care not to step on the touch pads, on top of railings--her balance exquisite and perfect.

Mia even jumped onto LoP's command chair, walked casually across his lap, and jumped down the other side. Satisfied at her perusal of this part of the ship, Mia leaped onto the back of Karmen's and purred at the lady who liked cats. *Hello...,* Mia said, figuring the lady would be able to hear her. She liked cats and believed in magic, it was only inevitable.

The white cat eventually came to settle near Si and began to knead the seat cushion and turn in circles until she found a comfortable position. She lay her chin on her paws to rest before they went to wherever they were going.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 08 December 2007 - 12:10 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users