Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Stargate Atlantis RPG

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:58 AM

I've had an idea for an SGA RP, so I'd like to know who'd be interested. :)

I haven't decided what "season" this will be set in. Not season 4, because I haven't seen it yet. ;) I was thinking season 3, so we could have the Wraith and Replicators as enemies (as well as Genii). But this RP won't be following any specific episodes, and the main characters of the show won't really be involved, except to give orders/instructions to your characters. But I'd like there to be a vote as to whether or not
Spoiler: click to show/hide
Carson
will be there or not.

Depending on how many people join, we need 4 characters to make up a team. So 3 Marines and a scientist, or 4 Marines, or Marines and an Athosian with/without a scientist. Depends on the characters. The other characters will be scientists, Marines, etc who will join the team on some missions (eg: studying runes, exploring planets for Ancient technology, etc), or will interact with the team on Atlantis. the RP will be a combination of missions and things happening on Atlantis. You can have as many characters as you can handle. :)

Don't worry about creating characters right away, at the moment this is more of a brain-storming. I still need to think of my character(s) and a mission to start with. I'd just like to know who'd be interested. :)

here's a character profile you can use to try and create your character:

Name:
Rank/Position:
Appearance:
Personality:
Marital Status/Relatives:
History:
How they came to Atlantis:

:)

Edited by szhismine, 05 January 2008 - 10:58 AM.

Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#2 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

That sounds great, szh! I only watched part of the first season and don't really have time for another game...but I'll be here to help (if you need me as a mod) and read, of course :).

#3 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:29 PM

Lol count me in and sign me up for two characters!
Rejected and gone.

#4 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

I should be able to play.
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#5 Lyric of Delphi

Lyric of Delphi

A little too much LDS

• Islander
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:23 PM

I suck at RPing, but I might want to do this. Great idea, szh. :)

#6 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

yay :D
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#7 Ishmael Autolycus

Ishmael Autolycus

A wanderer, and a picker-up of unregarded trifles.

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:35 PM

It does sound interesting; unfortunately I don't really have the time for another RP right now.

Although if you're willing to count my vote even though I'm not playing, I say "Yea" for the good Dr. Beckett.

#8 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:25 PM

I claim doctor/field medic! :p
Rejected and gone.

#9 Lyric of Delphi

Lyric of Delphi

A little too much LDS

• Islander
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:30 PM

I claim some kind of geeky character!

#10 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:35 PM

You also get claim to Rodney
Rejected and gone.

#11 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:22 PM

alright, so the list of players so far is:

Mikoto
Brit
Lyric
Raeven

and Captain Jack may be joining at a later date :)

still no rush, but if y'all could post your character's profiles within the next few days, that would be great :D i'll be posting details about our mission soon :)

#12 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:26 PM

One character profile awaiting approval in PM. One Wraith Queen profile in the making.
Rejected and gone.

#13 Lyric of Delphi

Lyric of Delphi

A little too much LDS

• Islander
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

Wait, do we pm them or post them?

#14 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

I'm PMing mine because I'm a little hazy one exactly how one makes progress from a civilian doctor to a field doctor of Atlantis. I have a theory but I'm not sure if it's accurate.

And of course my Wraith Queen does need some talking about. Still finalising what cute name the Tau'ri have given her. :angel:
Rejected and gone.

#15 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

I'm not really familiar with SG:A, and I don't know that I'd have time to keep up with another RP right now.

If it goes on, I may consider joining at a later date-shows like this will always have an opening for new characters to pop in ;)

#16 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

Is it possible for my character to have the Ancient gene and be a puddle jumper pilot and shoot Wraith etc?

Spoiler: click to show/hide
Becket is to return.  Saw the news on a Stargate board I belong too.  Straight from the actor himself.  Yay.

Edited by Brit, 08 January 2008 - 07:23 PM.

#17 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:47 PM

lyric-- if you're not too sure about your character's profile you can PM it to me first so i can look it over, if you want. :)

chatty-- a spot will always be open for you ;)

brit-- no problem :D

just an FYI, this'll be set in early-mid season 3 (so Beckett will be around) but there won't be many specific mentions of things that happened in season 3, so it'll still have a general feel, and people who may not be up-to-date don't need to worry :)

#18 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:22 AM

Basic profile....

Name: Kurenai

female Draenei.

Age 37, humanoid, pale blue skin, long dark purple hair, white eyes [no pupils]  59, athletic build.

Personality/Characteristics [from Szh]: guarded, secretive (almost cold), more caring towards the young but also strict, confident, intelligent.

Trained as a guard/police officer

No mate. No Children.

Her parents are members of the Elder Council.

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#19 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:17 AM

Interesting character Rae.

#20 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts