98 replies to this topic

#1 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:35 AM

:( :( :(

BBC News

They say they are investigating the possibility of an overdose of prescription pills, either accidental or deliberate :(

All I know is that he was an excellent actor, and he's been in some excellent films which I loved, and that he's the same age as my brother.

Sparky

Edited by SparkyCola, 23 January 2008 - 07:14 PM.

Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#2 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:36 AM

Heath Ledger has been in some of my favorite movies. :(

There's a substantial thread in GMD for him that was posted late yesterday. I'm not opposed to having a thread here as well mind you, but you might want to check that out as well

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#3 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:47 AM

^ Oh yeah.

Whoops, sorry guys :look:

Sparky

#4 Shoshana

Shoshana
  • Islander
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:50 PM

I'm posting here cause of what I'm adding.

Westboro Baptist Church says it's going to protest at his memorial.

Those are some sick sick people

link

#5 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

A radical Baptist church in Kansas known for picketing the funerals of soldiers who perished in Iraq said it intends to protest Heath Ledger's memorial service with signs claiming the actor died and is in Hell because he played a gay character in “Brokeback Mountain.”

:angry: I...words pretty much can't express how incandescent I am.

#6 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

At least they are not going to Australia where his proper funeral is.

Sparky

#7 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

View PostSparkyCola, on Jan 23 2008, 07:13 PM, said:

A radical Baptist church in Kansas known for picketing the funerals of soldiers who perished in Iraq said it intends to protest Heath Ledger's memorial service with signs claiming the actor died and is in Hell because he played a gay character in “Brokeback Mountain.”

:angry: I...words pretty much can't express how incandescent I am.
Likewise. :angry:
"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#8 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:26 PM

View PostShoshana, on Jan 23 2008, 03:50 PM, said:

I'm posting here cause of what I'm adding.

Westboro Baptist Church says it's going to protest at his memorial.

Those are some sick sick people

link

I think I might cry.
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#9 Shadowfire

Shadowfire

I am a guy lol!!!

• Dead account
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:32 PM

Oh my God!

They do realise that he PLAYED a gay character right, Ledger was not actually gay....

....maybe if we force these nuts to watch Torchwood, they might explode,

Edited by Picturesque Poison, 23 January 2008 - 07:33 PM.

PROUD STUDENT OF SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNVERSITY

View PostRobL, on Jul 20 2009, 06:35 PM, said:

Every time I see a political thread I fondle myself just a little bit.............

'I honestly cannot justify that. You see, advertising isn't an art. Appealing to the English? Use someone from Hollyoaks and diss United. Scots? Talk about how evil Thatcher was. SNP is awesome etc. Americans? Well they be thick as sh*t so short sentences and shiny things and some Jesus helps too.. French and Germans? Talk about the war. Irish? f*ck that we can't sell sh*t in Ireland. That's frankly how it all works. So what I'm trying to say is that I'm happy you're dumping all this cash into advertising... I honestly don't see what you want me to do with it.  And also, that blip in the records in June was me buying monitors.-- never ask me to be 'brutally honest' about a budget.

You of course realise that anything you post here is comprised of ASCII characters? Each character is 7 bits with a parity bit making 8... I guess that's fairly meaningless to you which is actually the point. At most your sentence is a few kilobytes and considering I'm doing a file transfer of over a billion bytes right now those bytes making up your words are invisible with their insignificance, which is exact what I think of your post. Insignificant.

#10 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:40 PM

View PostPicturesque Poison, on Jan 23 2008, 07:32 PM, said:

Oh my God!

They do realise that he PLAYED a gay character right, Ledger was not actually gay....

....maybe if we force these nuts to watch Torchwood, they might explode,
There is absolutely no distinction for these people. At all. The character was gay and therefore Ledger himself must pay for promoting "homosexual behavior." They will use any excuse they can find to promote hatred and then they'll attempt to hide behind their supposed Christianity. Truly sick people.

They've tried to come to Maine before (my home state) and people threatened them to prevent them from crossing state borders. They haven't tried to come back as far as I know.

Edited by NeuralClone, 23 January 2008 - 07:41 PM.

#11 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:44 PM

Westboro Baptists conduct one seriously thorough autopsy. :eek:

Sad news about Heath though. Skipped "Brokeback", but he was great in "The Patriot". :(

-scherzo
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#12 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:03 PM

Just proves there's no real justice in the world when Heath Ledger dies and the WBC gets to keep on going.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#13 Cheile

Cheile

proud J/Cer ~ ten years and counting

• Islander
  • 10,776 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:49 PM

if the fake Reverend and his pack of inbreds dare to show up at Heath's funeral, something tells me they're much more highly likely to get EXACTLY what they deserve--because unlike those mourning the death of soldiers, there are probly going to be fans and others who either will strike out for real OR someone else in the industry with powerful connections that will get their asses thrown in jail where they belong for their hate speech.

personally i'd like to see the former--let a grieving fan who happens to be packing exterminate the fake Reverend and a few of his spawn.  then they can find out for sure whether or not Heath is "going to hell".  :smirk:

Posted Image

"Andromeda may be over but it's not dead. Not as long as we have fanfic writers dedicated to keeping it alive.  Whether you accept everything as canon or stop at a certain point. Whether you accept and enjoy Nu Drom or only accept Classic Drom, it will never be over.  Not as long as we have each other [and Beka], who binds us all together." ~ Mary Rose

Twitter * Facebook * ExIsle at Facebook

icon by mercscilla @ LJ

#14 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:18 PM

Gode, I agree with you comepletely - Heath dead and those abominations still going...something evil and depraved is laughing right now...

so STFU where ever you are!
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#15 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:22 PM

View PostGodeskian, on Jan 23 2008, 08:03 PM, said:

Just proves there's no real justice in the world when Heath Ledger dies and the WBC gets to keep on going.
Yup, gotta agree with you there. :(

#16 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:03 AM

personally i'd like to see the former--let a grieving fan who happens to be packing exterminate the fake Reverend and a few of his spawn. then they can find out for sure whether or not Heath is "going to hell".personally i'd like to see the former--let a grieving fan who happens to be packing exterminate the fake Reverend and a few of his spawn. then they can find out for sure whether or not Heath is "going to hell".
Don't we generally prefer woodchippers for this kind of thing on ex isle OT?  :dontgetit:

-scherzo
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#17 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:04 AM

Shirley Phelps-Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka said...“You cannot live in defiance of God,”...

Then Ms. Phelps, let God tend to it.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#18 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:11 AM

I'd like for someone to toss Fox's John Gibson into the woodchipper, too:

http://thinkprogress...n-mocks-ledger/

Why is this guy paid for his petty, ignorant, un-funny commentary? And apparently Brokeback Mountain was such a threat to him that he has to mock this young "weirdo" 's death to prove his own manhood or something.

Disgusting.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#19 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:58 AM

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse. Way to turn an upsetting event into one filled with anger and even more sadness. How dare he? Has he no compassion at ALL? What the hell does he think he's doing? That guy needs to do some SERIOUS re-evaluation of his life.

*radiates anger*

#20 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:55 AM

View PostGodeskian, on Jan 23 2008, 08:03 PM, said:

Then go kill them. End their freedom of speech. Only allow those ideas you want expressed to be expressed. Or deal with the fact that the world is not just what you want it to be. Pick one please. And do it now.

I know. I deal with folks who think the worse that should happen to a HIV giving man is he be sued for his actions. I deal with a world where a 10yr old girl is raped and a judge lets the rapist walk.

Justice? There is no crime being commited by WBC. If there is punish them. But stop acting like your is the only point of view that has a right to be expressed.

This is why I loath the liberal/progressive "we want freedom to express but trod down on those we dislike getting the same rights." behavior I see here and know I will see again.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Obituaries, Heath Ledger, Actor, 2008

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users