#1 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:05 PM

http://www.marcon.org/

This year we'll have Marc Singer and Leah Cairns. :cool:
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#2 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:51 AM

Sorry the media folks are nice but it is the artist and fan guest of honor as well as the toastmaster i would come to it for this year.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#3 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:55 AM

View PostG1223, on Feb 1 2008, 03:51 AM, said:

Sorry the media folks are nice but it is the artist and fan guest of honor as well as the toastmaster i would come to it for this year.

Well you cna see the entire guest list on the site and Kevin Standlee will be one of the guests as well.
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#4 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

Leah Cairns had to cancel sadly, but I'll be on at least four panels.

Dune: Journey To Arrakis
Dr. Who: The Quarry Of Doom
Stargate: The Good, The Bad And The Ori
V: It Could Happen Here

And there's a possibility of a Blake's 7 panel as well.

And there's only five days left til the con!

BTW I'll be a liaison for Jodi Lynn Nye and her husband Bill Fawcett as well as being a panelist.

Edited by DWF, 18 May 2008 - 08:14 PM.

#5 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 06:18 AM

I met Marc Singer yesterday at the V Q&A and he seemed not only smart but funny and a generally nice guy I'm looking forward to the V panel today and despite a VERY rocky start I think the con is going rather well.

#6 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:48 AM

The V panel went rather well we touched on a lot of topics concerning facism and it's influence on the first miniseries, I think Marc Singer was impressed and alitte surprised in such an depth discussion of V and it's affect on us and it's warning. In the earlier Q&A for X he explained much of his displeasure with the V and what thought happened to it. Marc Singer turned out to be a great guest.

Another great highlight so far was Rebecca Forstadt(Reba West)'s concert where she sang her songs from Robotech, her liaison who's a friend of mine and a big anime fan had never really gotten into Robotech so I explained to him where the origin of many of the songs especially We Will Win, her voice was stretched on one song but she was pretty good and she told some funny stories in an earlier panel on Anime shows.

The Stargate panel was also interesting and we got into our somewhat normal discussions about the final two years of SG1 and the Ori, which exactly still made for an interesting panel.

Today I have three panels Blake's 7, Dr. Who and Dune.

#7 DWF

DWF

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

My first panel on Sunday was the Blake's 7 panel which only had three people but then I wasn't too happy with the time slot or the room since it was away from the other media panels but then I can understand the need for the changes and the time slot maybe next year with the new series we'll have a better panel.

The Doctor Who panel that followed it was a GREAT though I got to meet Dr. Arnold Blumberg he was a great panelist and we had a full room, Neroon looked in a couple of times and he loved the fact that we had a full room and that we were having a lively discussion.

The Dune was also hald away from the rest of the media panels and we only had two people forthat one but we we still had a good conversation about Dune and it's various different forms which was nice but I think we would've had more people had the panel been upstairs and it hadn't been added at the last minute.

Still as I said outside of a rocky start I thought things turned out rather well. Next year's theme is British sci-fi and I'm looking forward to the possible guests we might get next year. :cool:  And of yeah I got to meet Kevin Standlee at the party at the end of the con he was nice guest whoe enjoyed himself at the con.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users