9 replies to this topic

#1 DarthHunter

DarthHunter

Argosy Captain

• Islander
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:05 AM

Hi there!
Is anyone going there this year? I was there last year when Laura Bertram was there and the con was a blast! I'll return this year and bring some colleagues from my project "Star Wars: The New Era", and we'll show off our game at the convention.

The current guest list looks pretty interesting too:
  • Patrick Stewart
  • Michael Shanks
  • Steve Bacic
  • John de Lancie
  • Bruce Boxleitner
  • Peter Jurasik
  • René Auberjonois
  • Brent Spiner
  • LeVar Burton
  • Roxann Dawson
  • Marina Sirtis
  • Mary McDonnell
  • Richard Hatch
  • Jamie Bamber
  • Nicki Clyne
  • Leah Cairns
  • Mark Sheppard
  • W Morgan Sheppard
  • Richard Arnold
Actually, they had Kevin Sorbo on the list earlier, but had to cancel. However - with Steve Bacic, Michael Shanks and John de Lancie as Andromeda-related guests, I'm already happy.
So, can I look forward to meeting any of you there? Unfortunately missed FnlPrblm last year. I heard him (asking Jewel Staite and Laura Bertram a hilarious question), but I didn't actually meet him :(

Convention info: www.fedcon.de

Edited by DarthHunter, 17 February 2008 - 11:05 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

That is an extremely impressive guest list!

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#3 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,273 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

^I know.  Patrick Stewart, at the very least, would be awesome to here talk and meet. :)
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#4 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,192 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

Patrick Stewart had to cancel.  But Kevin Sorbo is back on the list.  I so need to win a lottery - looks like a fun event!
Cats will never be extinct!

#5 mare serenitatis

mare serenitatis

magog with a migraine

• Islander
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:36 AM

I'd love to go there, alas, the train connections are so [insert un-ladylike vocabulary here] that I never get a chance to go there. :(

Get Mark Shepherd to sing "Morn to be wild" for you - he has a English and a German version :D And the story how he got the part of Morn is also very funny. I met him at a con in London ages ago - he's an awfully nice guy :)

And be sure to practize René Auberjonois' name - he hates it when he gets mispronounced (usually, he does a 5 mins training session with the audience), heehee.
A hug a day keeps the psychatrist away

#6 mare serenitatis

mare serenitatis

magog with a migraine

• Islander
  • 542 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

correction:I thought you meant Mark Allan Shepherd, the actor who played Morn. Just had a look at the guest list and saw that this is a different actor. Sorry, got confused by the similar names
A hug a day keeps the psychatrist away

#7 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,273 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

lol, Mark Sheppard is a cool guy too.  I saw him at Blackpool's Decology con last June.  Very down to Earth and cool kinda guy.  Worth the meet if you go.

It is this is Mark Sheppard.

Sucks to hear about Patrick Stewart though.  (Not that I was able to afford to go, but) I'd like to meet him one day.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#8 DarthHunter

DarthHunter

Argosy Captain

• Islander
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:23 PM

Well I personally am kinda pleased because Patrick's unfortunate cancellation had a nice side-effect: Kevin Sorbo is coming. Seeing Patrick Stewart would've been great, but from what I heard so far, Steve Bacic + Kevin Sorbo on a convention = "pwnage". Let's see how it actually turns out :)
Posted Image

#9 Lord Martock

Lord Martock
  • Islander
  • 4,280 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:39 PM

If I was in Germany....I would be there.  

However.....since I am not in Germany...I will just have to be happy to go to the one here in Denver that same weekend

http://www.starland..../sf08/index.php
May the Schwartz be with you.
Remember, No matter where you go....There you are.
It's a trick.....Get the Axe!

Posted Image

#10 DarthHunter

DarthHunter

Argosy Captain

• Islander
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

View PostFnlPrblm, on Apr 5 2008, 03:03 PM, said:

lol, Mark Sheppard is a cool guy too.  I saw him at Blackpool's Decology con last June.  Very down to Earth and cool kinda guy.  Worth the meet if you go.

It is this is Mark Sheppard.

Sucks to hear about Patrick Stewart though.  (Not that I was able to afford to go, but) I'd like to meet him one day.
Sheesh you're right about Mark Sheppard. What struck the convention people was the fact that the shooting of BSG was delayed right into the convention due to the preceding writer's strike. However, the studio as well as the actors (Mary McDonnell above all) wanted to make it possible to get to FedCon. Mark Sheppard kinda sacrificed himself to make it possible for the others to come. My due respect to all of them! First time I heard that a studio changes its filming schedule for a convention in Europe.

The convention by the way was a blast! Now I know why you warned me about total crazyness of Kevin Sorbo and Steve Bacic as a duet. It was awesome! Kevin - just as reported by so many others - is the nicest guy you can imagine and Steve Bacic is sooo crazy ^^

Just a little example of what I mean before I go to bed, got a lot more funny stories to tell once I'm out of the con-blues ;)

Posted Image

Oh and on a sidenote: He said that he misses Ashley and Zack badly ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users