• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#1 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:43 AM

Okay, hi everyone! I think this officially confirms I'm absolutely raving insane but I have another game I'm going to try and see who's interested....

So, what is it about?

Well it's a semi-original game, not set on earth, but another planet called Samsarra which has several native species and is very similar to earth. Humes (humans) that occupy the northern continent known as Talmia. Three hume nations exist on Talmia. Sandesina, Telmiyar, and Alswyr. This continent is mostly temperate forests and field land. On the southern continent, Rivisia there are two Elviri (elves) nations. Venn and Dhaska. Their continent is mostly jungle and a somewhat hotter climate. Humes and Elviri have gotten on pretty well traditionally, there have only been a few skirmishes over border disputes but currently there is good trade between the two peoples. In fact there are two elviri settlements on Talmia and two hume settlements on Rivisia.

The era is similar to but not the same as the European Medieval Era, a time of castles, moats, swords, shields, spears, bows and arrows, knights and chainmail for armour and weapons. Stone buildings and crude glass has been invented and indeed settlements vary between huge fortified cities and castles to small crude villages. There are no guns, no gunpowders or explosives and no advanced technology.

This game (if it takes off) will take place in a medium sized town called Delmi, in the hume kindgom of Sandesina, about one days' ride on horseback from the northern coast and the port town of Keltrat. The town is fortified and has a castle where the govenor and the state officials live. There are two main of soldiers that protect the town. The "City Guard" who usually dress in chainmail and are basically act as law enforcement and guards the gates to Delmir during peacetime. You'll find City Guard units in just about every Sandesinian settlment across the kingdom. The second class are the Royal Knights, these guys are in the full heavy plated armour and are basically the military. There is a garrison of Royal Knights in every town or city in the kingdom but you won't find them in villages. These are much better trained than the City Guards.

Note: Females can become City Guard, Royal Knights or any other independent Knight group. However you’d have to be a big and strong female to become one since you’d still have to pass most of the tests the males do to join the military.

Females can become most things that males can, IE: doctor, scholars but it’s usually harder for them to achieve, ect, but not priests. They can also wear trousers and practical clothing if they want or their profession requires it however the “fashion” is dresses although these can range in length, frillyness and practicality depending on the occasion. All classes of citizens, upper class, middle class and working class can bear arms however unless you’re a soldier, a hunter or something like that it is uncommon to bear large weapons like swords, axes and spears in a town or city.

But, that's not all. A range of supernatural creatures roam the planet that either prey on the hume or elviri populations, with the majority of the population being mostly oblivious to their presence although there are lots of myths and stories about said supernatural creatures. But of course there are those who have encountered the supernaturals and know of their existance and their threat to humes, there are even hidden underground groups of humes that hunt and kill supernaturals, grouped under the general name "Vampire Hunters."

Yup, we have vampires, were-creatures and lots of other supernatural and creepy beings in this game. These are real, not just legends. Basically we're going to be a group of Vampire Hunters. By day we're respectable townspeople doing various day jobs, but by night we meet in a secret base and hunt the supernaturals that threaten hume-kind. The base will be an Inn and Pub (bar) in Delmi as most travellers and townspeople come here to drink and it's one of the best ways to ferret out information.

Now, most of our characters will be human/hume or elviri! Only one or two of you will be a supernatural so if  you really want to be a supernatural then either get there first or you can be bitten/whatever actually in the game once we’re started.

Edited by Mikoto, 03 March 2008 - 10:46 AM.

Rejected and gone.

#2 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

So, you want to be a supernatural?

So far I've created three types of supernatural creatures, more are pending if the game takes off.

Nighwalker Vampire: The bloodsuckers, your traditional vampire that hunts at night, feeds by sucking blood out of human victims. Weaknesses to sunlight, garlic, the cross, and has to be staked through the heart to be killed.

Nightwalker vampires are true undead. The result of a human drinking or being forced to drink vampire blood, the blood kills them and they rise again as an undead vampire. As such bloodsuckers cannot reproduce like a human can and as such there are no vampire/human hybrids. They look like very pale humans, and the fangs are permenant so if you’re a vampire around humans you probably shouldn’t smile too much. They have claws too, although these are retractable like a cat's but again if you’re around humans you should probably wear gloves if you think they’re going to look closely at your fingernails.

As a Nightwalker vampire, your powers are pretty nifty.

You’re far stronger than a normal human but not as strong as a were-creature, same for agility and the ability to climb walls and such. You also will possess certain psionic powers.

Telekinesis = speaks for itself. Moving objects with your mind. Weight, speed, dexterity and distance depend on your power and skill and training.

All three supernaturals so far will possess telekinesis.
Can communicate telepathically also, interrogation can be performed this way but only by very powerful individuals and old vampires.
As a rule it's much easier to "speak" telepathically with your own kind. It's much harder to do it across species and with non-telepaths.

While this ability is mostly the domain of vampires, were-creatures can do this on a basic level with their own kind. But not to non-telepaths and non-weres.

Telepathy = The ability to read the thoughts of others, this is generally limited to your own kind and only over short distances. More powerful telepaths can talk across species or to non-telepaths but this is much harder and often requires physical touch but this is often limited to extremely gifted human telepaths or old and powerful vampires. Said gifted and old can sometimes influence another’s thoughts by telepathy and can ‘dominate’ a mind although not directly control it.

All three supernaturals can talk telepathically to each other over short distances.

However if you’re a Nightwalker vampire then your powers both physical and psionic are greatly dependant on how recently you have fed. While a nightwalker vampire can survive for roughly a month without feeding. Your ability to resist sunlight is also dependant on how recently you have fed.

Say, if you feed every night then you’re a fully powered vampire. You can walk in sunlight for roughly two hours a day, and your abilities are the best that they are.

But if you feed once a month your strength is weaker than your average hume and your psionic powers are virtually nonexistent. Most nightwalker vampires feed about once or twice a week to maintain full “health”.

Food and drink.... uh well you *can* eat and drink a small amount of each but seriously you don't really want too much stuff in a digestive system that's mostly dead.
(Shamelessly borrowing from Torchwood here) but if you eat more than a few mouthfuls you'll soon have to find a quiet place to stand upside down and get the food back out, it’s a really unpleasant process and really if you’re a nightwalker vampire you should try to avoid eating or drinking anything but blood.

Daywalker Vampire = Physically they look much light Nightwalkers, but these are quite different. A Daywalker vampire feeds on hume or elviri life-force, and must do so at least once every 4-5 days to survive. Daywalkers are not undead, but are alive. New ones are created much like a Nightwalker except the victim doesn’t die but merely alters. Your powers both physical and psionic are virtually identical to a Nightwalker because you’re really an offshoot of their species. However your power levels remain very much constant because of the frequency of your feeding. Daywalkers are termed as such because they can walk in sunlight for a good 4-5 hours a day before becoming crispy-deep fried.

Now, a victim of a life-force sucker doesn't change appearance in any way except that they're dead except for the fang marks on the neck, it looks like they died of a heart attack or something. Daywalkers do feed via their fangs into a human’s neck, they just suck out life force rather than blood.
:
Both races don't have to kill, they can suck a limited amount of blood or life force from a human leaving them alive. And life force can be regenerated like blood.

But being fed upon is horribly painful. No sane human would ever choose to have it done to. Both species of vampire live for about a 1000 years.

Were-creatures: You know it, stuff like werewolves except you can be pretty much any large predatory animal. Weretigers and werewolves are more common but you can be werepanther, werelion, or any other kind of large predator you can think of.

Typical rules for werecreatures, Full moon = full beast mode. Bite a victim to infect. Once bitten by a werecreature a hume victim has three days to find a cure or the condition becomes permenant. Almost nobody finds a cure. Werecreatures are vastly stronger than humes or elviri and quite a bit stronger than vampires. Same goes for agility.

When you’re in human form you’re physically stronger and more agile than a normal human but still not really much of match for a fully fed vampire. You do however possess heightened beast instincts and sharper senses. Even when human you can still transform into your beast form when angry or frightened. If you’ve been a werecreature for many years you can train yourself to transform at will, although you still can’t resist transforming on a full moon. A werecreature will age more slowly than a hume and can live for 350-400 years.

Edited by Mikoto, 03 March 2008 - 10:44 AM.

Rejected and gone.

#3 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:45 AM

Now you want to know more about Psionic abilities?

Ordinary humes and elviri can possess psionic abilities but usually these abilities are somewhat weaker than a vampire or werecreature’s abilities. Typically a hume or elviri can only possess one or two pisonic powers, if you really want 3 PM me and we’ll talk. Extent of pisonic abilities depend on natural talent and training. Some people can do virtually nothing with their powers, others can do lots and lots.

Telepathy = Pretty much as described above. Powerful hume or elviri telepaths are virtually unheard of. Much more common is touch telepathy.

Telekinesis = Again pretty much as described above. Weight of object you can move, height, distance, force all depend on your innate natural talent and training.

Precognition = The most ‘common’ form is a mild sense of “danger sense” that allows the person to see danger that happens to them before it really does happen in the form of brief visions or just a general sense of impending danger. (If you’ve played Nikki’s AS, it’s much like Alexie’s mutation.) Most vampires possess this ability.

The much rarer and more powerful form is to see potent visions of the “most likely possible future.” This is the basis for seers and fortune tellers depending on ability. If a Seer sees a vision of an event in the future he or she can either let it play out as seen, try to influence it either directly at the time of the event, or influence things leading up to the evens. True seers are incredibly rare and the ability to change or predict the future is very unreliable.

People with this kind of power can also experience visions in real time occurring in a different place to different people, or perceive visions of the past. Supernaturals almost NEVER possess any kind of precognition other than danger sense.

Alright, I think that covers the basics for now. By all means these are NOT the only supernatural beings on Samsarra and neither are these the only psionic powers. These are just the ones I can think of for now. I might add more later depending on interest. If you do want to play and can think of a nifty power/species I haven’t mentioned here please do PM me.

So, any takers?
Rejected and gone.

#4 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:48 AM

Forgot to add, this game is probably going to be R-rated so if you're under 18, this isn't for you!
Rejected and gone.

#5 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:49 AM

So how would a hume, even a hume with  plate-mail be able to fight effectively against something that's stronger, faster, has telepathy and telekinesis?

I'm interested (and have the basics of a character sketched out given the information you provided) but I'd need to know a bit more about how normal humes can hope to have a chance against the undead or were's.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#6 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

OMG YES - I know I was supposed to be cutting back my rp's, but I can't resist this :D I'll re-read when I get home :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#7 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

I'm in! I love this stuff :D. I'm going to be limiting my time online and at EI since I'm "free" now :wink:, but since I was going to limit my time to the RP forum only, well.......there you go and here I am :D.

I'd like to be a (female) teacher or tutor or something like that. Medieval education wasn't really offered to women, but can we have a town teacher anyway? :angel:

Also, if you need a supernatural being for a "bad" guy, I'd consider that, too :devil:.

I have to read all this again, but I'll see what I come up with.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 03 March 2008 - 11:17 AM.

#8 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:46 AM

i'm in, and i have dibs on being a nightwalker vampire, but you already know that miko ;)

:D
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#9 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:06 PM

I have to play a nightwalker - please Miko, I just have to. I'll be a 'good' Elviri character too :)

Ok so no Nightwalker for me :( as Shz got there first - I'll be a werecreature then and I will so kick the nightwalkers butt :angel:

Edited by Raeven, 03 March 2008 - 12:07 PM.

#10 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:18 PM

sorry rae :( ;) :hugs: werecreatures are cool too :D

(if you become a were-cheetah i'll be so jealous, cheetahs are my favorite animal :p :lol: )
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#11 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

Were-Duck for the win :p{

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#12 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:25 PM

Well I did say vampires and weres are stronger with more agility but I didn't say speed. Their running and reaction time would be on a par with a hume's. And how do you fight a vamp or were as a normal human without any kind of pisonic abilities?

With great difficulty. :p Usually by greater numbers, ranged weapons, traps, or use your own presumable psionic powers to compensate. I'm working on new powers for humes to have to offset the weaknesses it just needs a little work. But yay at the interest, looks like it'll be going ahead. Bear with me I'm only in the planning stages. I need to develop things a bit.
Rejected and gone.

#13 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:28 PM

Awwwww, don't worry Rae, you can play a bad guy Nightwalker to work with me like Torak/Japheth. :D And okay yeah you can be a werecreature for your 'good' character. But that's it. Szh and Rae have dibs on the supernaturals. The rest of us are mere mortals-for now.

Edited by Mikoto, 03 March 2008 - 12:30 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#14 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:30 PM

Miko, you have PM :)

Defy Gravity!

#15 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:32 PM

Ooh, I wouldn't mind having a bit of the "seer" psionic ability for my character, if it'll work out...and if no one's claimed it. Just some ideas here.

#16 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

View PostMikoto, on Mar 3 2008, 05:28 PM, said:

Awwwww, don't worry Rae, you can play a bad guy Nightwalker to work with me like Torak/Japheth. :D And okay yeah you can be a werecreature for your 'good' character. But that's it. Szh and Rae have dibs on the supernaturals. The rest of us are mere mortals-for now.

:D thanks Miko :hugs: I'm gonna be a were-panther - is so happy that I get to be an evil mean and nasty nightwalker from time to time.

#17 Godeskian

Godeskian

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

Okay, I'm currently leaning towards a man named Dahak.

'Legendary' is the adjective most often applied to him. The guardian of one of the scions of the royal family, and is said to have singlehandedly cut the royal out of an ambush. Everywhere he goes, people have heard of him, and even though he doesn't speak much of his past, many stories are attributed to him.

He has in the years since his retirement, and in secrecy from the mass of the people, dedicated it to fighting supernatural evil where he finds it, and he arrives in Delmi after hearing rumors of a group of hunters, and offers his services to them.

He carries a massive two handed bladed named Stonehewn, with which he is said to have carved the very rock itself when it defied him. He now seeks primarily to pass on his experience, and continue the fight he has been fighting for years.

Defy Gravity!

#18 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:09 PM

Alright now I've recovered from the slew of PMs being sent at me... I present to you two new psionic abilities for you to consider.

Pisonic Defences = The ability to emit a kind of dampening field around yourself. Anyone within a 2-3 metre range of you would not be able to use any kind of psionic power of their own or at least their powers are greatly reduced. This one is for Gode's character.

Psionic Blast = An ability to emit a kind of ball of pure energy from hand gestures. Can be lethal for humes/elviri but on supernaturals it can be used to slow them down or even stun them. It does require concentration and practise to control though.

Anyways PM me your character profiles, once they're approve post it here.

Edited by Mikoto, 03 March 2008 - 01:09 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#19 szhismine

szhismine

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

random question: are there horses for transportation? and other earth-based animals for food/clothing (cows, deer etc)?

#20 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:25 PM

Yup, there are horses and most earth based animals. Plus a few I'll be making up. :devil:
Rejected and gone.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users