Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Supernaturals RP

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#21 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

Name: Breanna De Silva

Spoiler: click to show/hide
Age: 100 (but looks like shes in her early 20s: was bitten at 23)

Species: Hume, nightwalker vampire

Appearance: shoulder-length dark brown hair, green eyes, 56, slender build, pale skin, fangs, retractable claws.

Skills: sword (but usually carries a dagger), bow and arrow, hand-to-hand combat, as well as vampiric abilities: super strength, agility, telekinesis, and danger sense.

History: Grew up in the city with her parents and siblings. They were a rich upper-class family. Breanna always resented her parents and their social status. When she was growing up she learned basic science and how to read and write. She was also taught fighting skills. One night, at the age of 23, she was at the theatre and stormed out (to the dismay of her parents). As she was walking home at night, she was attacked by a vampire and became one herself. Her father then used her to get rid of his business rivals, threatening to kill or reveal her if she disobeyed. Over the years he got older, and she finally killed him and her mother. One of her brothers was sympathetic; the other swore revenge and taught his children and grandchildren to want revenge. She fled the city and never went back since. She has no desire to kill for fun, only survival, and she tries to keep her victims alive as much as possible. She despises other vampires.

She spent many years traveling throughout the continent of Talmia, and even spent a brief time in Rivisia. Finally she returned to her homeland of Sandesina and settled in Delmi. One night, a few months ago, she saw a group of vampire hunters fighting a creature. She intervened and helped the team. They were suspicious of her but she told them their story and they gave her a chance. She joined them, and although they trust her they are also wary of her. She lives in the basement of the Inn, doing general tasks for the family that owns it.

fafe417.gif

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 04 March 2008 - 10:55 AM.

Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#22 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:35 PM

This is all the profile you're getting, as Dahak is shrouded in mystery.

His name is Dahak. Everyone across the country knows the name, but that is all they know for certain. His origin is shrouded in mystery, but everyone knows Dahak, the legendary guardian of the prince. It is said that he slew over a hundred attackers, and carried the prince for miles to safety, before leaving his service to defend others. He used his massive blade, the Stonehewn sword to carve aside a mountain that defied him, and he has wielded his blade in the service of all alike.

Legends abound about this man, but almost no one knows the truth. All they know is that he showed up in Delmi this past morning, and is looking to stay.

Posted Image

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 04 March 2008 - 10:55 AM.

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#23 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:37 PM

*Waffles*

#24 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

Something in this thread now takes the page forever to load  :blink:.

Looks suspiciously at Gode's picture.

Just sayin........! :wink:

#25 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

View PostChatterbox, on Mar 3 2008, 01:37 PM, said:

*Waffles*
And syrup...c'mon...you know you wanna :D.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 03 March 2008 - 02:40 PM.

#26 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

Change the syrup to strawberries and whipped cream...

A daywalker character was taking shape...

#27 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:44 PM

Aww go on Chatty, it should be fun!
Rejected and gone.

#28 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

Lemme think on it and PM you when I get more details. I could also do a hume or elf as another.

#29 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

Okay, let's see. Hume and Elviri.

Hume = Humans, usually reasonably pale or mid tan because it's a temperate climate.

Elviri = Generally slightly shorter than humans, and live for about 100 years or so. They have a similar range of hair colours but usually tan coloured skin. Can have amber or grey eyes in addition to regular colours. Their irises are vertically slitted rather than round. They have pointed ears instead of round of course. For hair they can have pure white or a navy blue hair in addition to normal colours. In their species there is very little difference in muscle mass between males and females.

Edited by Mikoto, 03 March 2008 - 03:00 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#30 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

Okay, I'll go with a Daywalker and an Elviri.

Will PM you with the profiles as soon as I've written them out.

#31 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

Wow at this rate we'll be starting up tonight. I have most profiles up and ready. I just have to go work on mine now. *Slinks from the thread to make a profile.*
Rejected and gone.

#32 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:34 PM

*Goes to load dishwasher while thinking on hers*

#33 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:04 PM

View PostMikoto, on Mar 3 2008, 02:30 PM, said:

Wow at this rate we'll be starting up tonight. I have most profiles up and ready.
I'll be able to start tomorrow sometime then...and you need to PM me back about my Elviri profile still. Still working on the other.

LOL! Edit: Nevermind, you just did.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 03 March 2008 - 04:12 PM.

#34 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

Question: Can our characters own a business-I'm thinking about that for the daywalker profile.

#35 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

Tialyn.JPG

Name: Tialyn Maern

Species: Elviri

Appearance: About 5’5”, slight but muscular. Light tan skin; long, pure white hair; gray eyes that reflect light when it hits them and with vertically slitted irises. Usually wears a dark cloak, and either dresses or trousers and men's shirts.

Skills: Seer abilities.

Very well educated, can communicate effectively with other people; Weapons: Carries a stiletto dagger in a leather holder with her at all times, whether she is wearing skirts or trousers. It is for protection when she is alone on the roads or by herself. When fighting the supernatural beings of Sandesina, she can skillfully use a quarterstaff or a bow. She’s been trained recently in hand-to-hand with the quarterstaff.

Also horseback riding. Has a white horse.

History: Tialyn originally comes from the southern continent, from the nation of Venn. It took her awhile to accustom herself to the new climate. Sometimes she misses the jungles and hot climate of her home, but has adapted well enough.

Tialyn was from a well-do-to Elviri family in Venn and was very well educated in all subjects because her parents had high hopes for her to continue in the family business. But all along she’d been having visions of an events that had not happened, but oftentimes did as time passed. She also experienced visions in real time that were happening at that moment, as well as visions of the past. She began to talk of these visions once she became older, and her family tried to hide them from other people. When Tialyn began seeing people in danger—people she knew—she tried to tell them and help, but many didn’t want to listen. Those that did take heed but experienced a tragic event anyway grew to fear and hate her. She couldn’t control her visions and began to fear she was going insane. Indeed many of the Elviri in her city wanted to lock her up.

Eventually her Seer ability resulted in her being driven out of town and banished from every returning. For awhile she wandered toward the coast and ports, just trying to stay safe and alive. A visiting member, an older woman, of the noble family of Delmi sensed the Seer ability in Tialyn and privately vowed to help, as the woman’s own mother had been persecuted for the same ability. She was offered a position to tutor the hume children of the Delmi’s noble family while they traveled, as well as return with them to Delmi. She was also to provide whatever education she could to the children of the town.

Tialyn tried to live a normal life and not pay attention to her ability to see events—past, present, and future—but about one year ago she saw a horrible fate befalling Joanna Rowen, a woman she’d only seen around town. She couldn’t let the woman die, and so confessed her vision. She found herself from then on involved with a band of Vampire hunters, a group with which she continues to work with in secret.

She currently resides with Katerina Pelletier in a small house at the edge of town near the woods, still safe within the protection of the City Guards but able to have privacy as well.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 04 March 2008 - 10:56 AM.

#36 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:19 PM

Yes our characters can have a variety of jobs or businesses to work during the day. Although I might suggest that they work part time because if they work at day and hunt most nights they'll be exhausted. In fact I encourage your characters to have "normal" lives as much as possible.
Rejected and gone.

#37 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

Do you have an owner in mind for the inn that the group will meet at?

#38 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Patience, patience, all will be revealed! Currently working on details about the Inn and who runs it. A family of npcs run by me I imagine.
Rejected and gone.

#39 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

All right, so the Inn.

It's called "The Old Fox" and is situated on the corner of the main street in Delmi. It's the largest Inn within the town and doubles as a bar and restaurant during the day. It is a large, solidly constructed stone and timber building with crude windows to keep in the heat during winter. It has three floors and a basement.

The first floor is the bar, this is where patrons come in for food, drink, and entertainment. It has an empty space with a slightly raised stage at one end for entertainment. Around the back is the 'staff only' area with stairs that leads to the upper floors.

The second floor are where the guest rooms are located. Travellers moving between the coast and further inland sleep in this floor.

The third floor belongs to the family that run it, and is their private rooms and living space. Even we don't usually go up there without a good reason.

It's the basement that's the most interesting. While a portion of it is dedicated to honest innkeeping storage and stuff, there are several smaller rooms that is the secret base of our Vampire Hunters. There is a hidden back entrance to the basement that leads up into the alley behind the Inn. This base is where we meet, where we keep our weapons and have our meetings. It has basic amenities and pallets where we can sleep if we need to hide out for a while. It's also where Breanna our resident nightwalker vampire stays during the day.

The family that runs the Inn are the Lihara family. They know about the presence of supernaturals after having encounters of their own and after losing their youngest son, Koh, to a Daywalker vampire some years ago they now work with Joanna as a part of the Vampire Hunters. While this family does not actively go out and hunt or fight the supernaturals they provide a haven, a base and help with funding for their cause. In exchange the vampire hunters' first priority is keeping the Lihara family and the Inn safe.

We have.....

Mira Lihara, the grandmother. Generally stays on the third floor but she's old and wise. Has been studying myths and legends of supernatural beings ever since Koh was killed five years ago.

Jair Lhara, the remaining son of Mira, in his late thirties. Koh was his younger brother. He and his wife Delphyne run the Old Fox Inn.

Toby Lhara, an eleven year old child and the son of Jair and Delphyne.
Rejected and gone.

#40 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:13 PM

*Awaits approval of her first profile and prays the lights don't flicker out*

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users