• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#41 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

Approved, lemme see if I can get this posted before the storm knocks out my lights...

Posted Image

Name: Vincent

Spoiler: click to show/hide
Race: Hume Daywalker Vampire

Marital Status: Single

Ht: 6'

Wt: 200#

Eyes: Green

Hair: Red, short

Scars/ Birth Marks/ Tattoos/Mutations: None

Body Build/Other Distinguishing Features: Lean and muscular

Profession: Winemaker

Known Skills: Expert swordsman, fighter, knives

Birth Place: He was born in Keltrat, 150 years ago, to wealthy parents and was brought up spoiled, as he was an only child. His father owned an inn/tavern that catered to the more wealthy travelers.

Relatives: Probably some out there somewhere, but he has no idea.

Known History: Was seduced by a daywalker female and turned when he was around thirty. He became very angry at this but could do nothing about it at first-because he was too weak and had no idea how to use his new-found abilities, which included telekinesis, telepathy and being able to sense danger-along with the normal supernatural strength and agility, and the need to feed. Although the woman who turned him killed when she fed, he tried not to, preferring to allow them to live.

He hid his anger at the woman very well and allowed her to teach him how to control his powers, and one day-around fifty years after she turned him-he killed her and severed her head from her body.

He left the area he grew up in and traveled to Delmi, where he bought a farm and opened a winemaking business. He sells wine to the inn and taverns around the area.

As far as he can tell, no one yet knows that he is a daywalker, and he hopes to keep it that way.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 04 March 2008 - 10:57 AM.

#42 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

Why am I the last one to get my profile in?

Name: Joanna Rowen
Species: Hume, female
Physical Description: Shoulder length black hair, blue eyes and fairly pale skin although not pale enough to be a vampire by a long shot. Is of average height for a hume and relatively fit and strong to follow her secret career as a Vampire Hunter. Normally wears functional, simple dresses during the day. Boots, leather trousers, and jacket come during the night.
Profession: By day she is a simple bartender, by night she is the leader of a small group of vampire hunters.
Psionic Abilities: Psionic blast and Telekinesis.
Skills: Literate, numerate, knows extremely basic life sciences, first aid (such as it is at the time). She is trained to use a one-handed sword, a knife, knife throwing, spear and axe plus archery. She can hunt and track and knows wilderness survival.
Known History: Joanna was born in Delmi itself, the daughter of a blacksmith and his wife. Her childhood was unremarkable for the most part. She attended school where she learnt her literacy and numeracy, history and life sciences. She did train with her two older brothers as her father did teach his children how to wield a sword and knife to defend themselves although it was far from professional training. The only unusual thing about her was that she started manefesting psionic abilities when she was about ten years old and although she tried to keep them a secret from her parents while practising them in private eventually they discovered her talent. Her parents weren't angry with her about having these abilities, it cropped up occasionally within the family once and a while but they were angry that she had been practising in secret. They explained to her the dangers of using her talents and how others might not be so understanding if they found out. But Joanna largely ignored their advice and still sought to practise in secret.

It was during her sixteenth year that it happened. Her family, her parents, her two older brothers and her younger sister were riding on their cart drawn by horses back to Delmi from the port town of Keltrat one night. Although it was dark they were within half a mile of Delmi and continued on, having left the party hosted by family friends back in Keltrat later than initially planned. But then a small band of Nightwalker vampires attacked them and fed upon them. All except Joanna who got lucky. She'd been sitting at the front of the cart helping her father guide the horses when the vampires fell upon them. Out of instinct she had leapt from her seat onto one of the horses' backs just as a shadowy form scrambled onto the cart. She disconnected the cart from the horse and spurred it forward just as another vampire leapt at her with his fangs bared, intending to knock her off her horse and feed. She lashed out with her Psionic Blast power and knocked the vampire back, then rode into the night listening to the fading screams of her family behind her. She made it back to Delmi and to the smithy that served as her family's business  unharmed. The next morning she went to the City Guard with what happened and they found the remains of last night's attack but put it down to particularly vicious robbers. Shortly after as she went about the business selling the smithy she was approached by a group of grim-faced humes and elviri. They explained to her that they were Vampire Hunters and had heard what had happened to her and they offered for her to join them. Having nothing left in Delmi she agreed, and spent the next seven years travelling around Talmia with them.

She didn't sell the small family home though, she sealed it up and left it before going with the Hunters. They taught her how to fight properly with a sword, knife, archery, a spear or axe, how to hunt supernatural creatures. They honed her psionic abilities so she could use them more effectively. Seven years Joanna spent hunting vampires until finally she decided to leave them and return to Delmi, and set up her own group of Vampire Hunters. She learnt from the Lihara family of their misfortune and they worked out a deal where she could use the basement of "The Old Fox" as a secret base while she in turn would keep supernaturals from the Inn and it's owners and works for them. Now, three years later she has two teams under her command. In her team, Team 1 she has Katerina, Tialyn and Breanna. (Plus Chatty's character, and Team 2 are a bunch of npcs and we'll hardly ever see them.) Once when she was planning a raid on a cave where several vampires were said to be camping, she met Tialyn who approached her and warned her of impending death and failure since Tialyn was a Seer. Following that advice Joanna devised a different plan and it saved her life. She sleeps during the mornings, works behind the bar several afternoons and evenings a week and most nights she works with her Vampire Hunters to eliminate dangerous supernaturals from Delmi and the surrounding countryside. It's hard, dangerous and time-consuming work but word has spread that this town is protected by Vampire Hunters and for now at least, they don't have too much trouble to deal with.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 04 March 2008 - 10:57 AM.

#43 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image

Name: Sephira

Race: Elviri female

Marital Status: Single

Ht: 5'

Wt: 100#

Eyes: Ice blue with vertical irises

Hair: Medium length, silver

Scars/ Birth Marks/ Tattoos/Mutations: None

Body Build/Other Distinguishing Features: Lean and muscular

Profession: Healer

Known Skills: Expert with bow, fighter, knives. She can also use a psionic blast to defend herself.

Birth Place: She was born in Dhaska and grew up learning to heal from her mother-Sophi. Her father-Dhani taught her to defend herself and to hunt with the bow and use knives.

Relatives: Two younger brothers, Shemar and Timon

Known History: She wanted to see what there was of the world, so she left when she came of age and wandered around the various nations, using her healing abilities to help people-who paid her-either money or goods-and that was how she supported herself. She wound up in Delmi and liked it so much she stayed and opened her house to those who needed healing.

About three years ago, she was approached to joing the Vampire Hunters and she accepted. She is the group's main healer when they need it and even lets one or two take shelter in her house, should they need that.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 04 March 2008 - 10:58 AM.

#44 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:22 PM

All right then ladies, gentlemen and other assorted creatures of the night, we'll be starting up pretty soon. Just as soon as I can figure out a proper name and type out the first posts.

(Btw Chatty that's a darn good picture of an Elviri there.)

Edited by Mikoto, 03 March 2008 - 06:23 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#45 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

Thank you :)

You think someone should split the profiles to another thread?

#46 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:52 PM

*Scratches head.* Good point, it's all a bit jumbled in here. I shall attend to it at once.
Rejected and gone.

#47 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

You weren't kidding!! :D

That was pretty darn fast!

#48 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

What is the noble house called or who are the nobles in our game? Who are the ranking officials and whatnot? I'm just curious because Tialyn is associated with them and I might need to mention ranks or names. :D

#49 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

*Whooshes Reece's profile to the profile thread*

#50 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

Hey, nice job! :D

#51 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:40 PM

Did he feel the breeze on his bald head?

#52 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

He DID! It was refreshing :wink:. But I'm still seeing profiles in this thread. Were they moved or copied? Just curious.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 03 March 2008 - 09:42 PM.

#53 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:47 PM

Miko copied them over and I moved pics :)

#54 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:27 AM

Quick note: Staying as Mod...long story and I can't give up the "power"... :angel:...but I'm "back"!! :D Just as a player and Mod, though...no Gm'ing right now still.

But this'll keep us more than busy!!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 04 March 2008 - 08:28 AM.

#55 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:35 AM

I lack the ability to delete or edit other people's posts so...... the profiles stay here too. Never know, someone might want to edit. :p

And yay Nikki! But power hungry and controlling? I don't think so, you're letting me run amok across your forum!

Edited by Mikoto, 04 March 2008 - 08:50 AM.

Rejected and gone.

#56 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:45 AM

^Did you say run a mop? I thought I kept the floor clean!!

Oh, my bad, I looked at it wrong :blush:

#57 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:00 AM

View PostMikoto, on Mar 4 2008, 07:35 AM, said:

I lack the ability to delete or edit other people's posts so...... the profiles stay here too. Never know, someone might want to edit. :p
I spoilered just the info and left the name and pic visible. That way the profiles are still here, but not so much to scroll through. (Mod duties!) :D

And yay Nikki! But power hungry and controlling? I don't think so, you're letting me run amok across your forum!
Yes, but you run amok so entertainingly :D. And LOL Chatty...you did a great job of keeping the floor clean :wink:.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 04 March 2008 - 12:09 PM.

#58 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:06 PM

Why thank you Nikki, I do try to entertain my players. :angel:

Let's see, yes these vampires are young and inexperienced, the ones we're fighting. A bit of entertainment and practise for when the REAL trouble comes along quite shortly! (And of course the chance for our supernaturals to test out their powers.)

You see, when I employ the creator of Bane and Japheth to make a second-in-command Nightwalker vampire to my own big nasty, you know our characters are in for a world of pain!

Edited by Mikoto, 04 March 2008 - 12:08 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#59 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,740 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:16 PM

Bane :eek4: *Shivers*

#60 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

What is the noble house called or who are the nobles in our game? Who are the ranking officials and whatnot? I'm just curious because Tialyn is associated with them and I might need to mention ranks or names.

~ Asked by Nikki but got lost under a swarm of PMs, profiles, and general planning.

Okay let's see.

Uh, you know what? I'll get back to you later when I've actually figured out who is meant to be in charge.
Rejected and gone.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users