• This topic is locked This topic is locked
427 replies to this topic

#421 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 02:44 PM

Kat needed to feed before she could shift back, so she left the others to return to the Inn while she prowled in the woods searching for a hearty meal......she smelt the boar before she saw it...she crouched in the long grass and waited.....as soon as the boar came within range she pounced....she buried her claws in it's tough hide and dragged it to the ground...it's loud paniced squealing excited her and she tore and bit until it lay quiet, it's blood soaking the ground.....she dragged the carcass up into a tree and feasted on the warm flesh until she was sated.

Samael had ridden hard and fast leaving the caves far behind before the coming dawn forced him to seek shelter....he found a small cave, barely large enough for him to stand up in....he carefully laid Annises body on the ground then lay down next to her...

I will stand by my vow my sweet....they will pay for what they did to you....she will pay

He ran his fingers through her lush red hair.....

tomorrow night I will give you the funeral you deserve....no wild animals will consume your tender flesh, no scavengers will pick your bones...

#422 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

Jo looked at the bodies of the Nightwalkers, a bit shocked and wondering what kind of creature walked the land that could kill six Nightwalkers in such a brutal manner. She could see the ground had been torn and gouged in some places as well as spurts of blood from whatever had happened here. But she could only see Nightwalker vampire blood, nothing from their presumable attacker unless he or she was another Nightwalker. "Can anyone see any tracks or footprints?" She asked at the loudest volume of voice as she could manage. She could feel the haze cloud her mind again. She could well lapse back into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khazar couldn't dismount for he supported the female unconscious ex-slave in his arms. Instead he looked with shock at the pile of shredded corpses and the grounds of what had been a savage fight.

#423 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:17 PM

"Other than the residual psionic energy, All I can see is one footprint." Vincent said. He could see well enough from atop the horse that he knew the tracks of the dead Nightwalkers and those of the horses they were riding. "I can't tell what kind it is, and I've never seen one like it before-It's almost as if what did this was some kind of shadow-if it only left one footprint."

He could feel Joanna slipping again, so he tightened his hold on her and looked around. "Whatever it was seems to be gone for now-our first priority still needs to be Joanna and the other injured." He said. "Let's get back to the inn, we'll decide what to do once the injured are taken care of."

Sephira listened as everyone expressed shock and dismay at the shredded bodies of the Nightwalkers-not necessarily dismay at them being dead, but at what could do such a thing. She was too disoriented to be able to see anything herself, and she knew that Vincent was right-get the injured back to the inn-and then decide what to do.

#424 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

Breanna stared at the pile of Nightwalkers in shock. She had never seen anything like it before, and she hoped whatever it was had no intention of harming them, especially herself and the other supernaturals in the group. She wondered if it was some kind of supernatural hunter, or just something that happened to stumble upon the group of vampires. Either way, she didn't want to encounter it.

#425 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:44 PM

Tialyn was horrified at the sight of the mangled Nightwalkers. No Vampire Hunter that she'd ever heard of could cause such damage to them. The Elviri looked around her a bit nervously, glad that it was morning coming and not night.

Reece hoped no one would find the pile of bodies and blood before the sun rose and hit the dead Nightwalkers. Once the sun was up, though, there would be no more evidence. He thought that a creature who left only one footprint, as Vincent had described, could only mean a supernatural creature. But of such a kind Reece had never heard.

"Let's hope it's gone or asleep now," he remarked. "I certainly don't want to meet it in our condition, and I am too tired to fight."

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 17 March 2008 - 06:44 PM.

#426 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

And with that the group of vampire hunters continued into the town and to the Old Fox Inn just as the dawn broke over the horizon. They were greeted by Jair and Delphyne who took one look at the group and ushered them down to the basement where Breanna could rest and the injured could be taken care of. The Innkeepers went quietly about their business of preparing soups and drinks for everyone who would eat. Once she was laid out on a pallet Jo lay there until Dephyine pressed a bowl of soup on her which she drank, then settled down to sleep once her wounds were properly bandaged. Then Delphyne went along to each person including Sephira to help treat them for their injuries.

#427 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:59 PM

Sephira smiled up at Delphyne when she came to help her. "I can give you a hand when I've rested." She said. "If you need anything, you can go to my house-I have healing salves that might help Jo's injuries."

She fell asleep almost immediately after eating her soup.

#428 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

Vincent pulled off his ruined shirt and used a bowl of water and a towel to take the worst of the grime off before he grabbed the shirt he'd brought down with him and put it on. He sat in a chair, since he was too wound up to try to get any sleep, and watched as Delphyne and Jair took care of the injured. His thoughts drifted back to the dead vampires they'd found, and the one footprint he'd seen. There was a supernatural creature out there-the likes of which none of them had ever seen before-and could possibly make the encounter they'd just had with Urvon and his group seem like a walk in the countryside. He looked up when he heard footsteps coming downstairs, and smiled when he saw Alyssa. He stood as she ran over and hurled herself at him, catching her before she fell.

"I'm fine." He said. "But I do need you to let the others know that we can go home now-the danger is over." At least he hoped so-he hoped whatever had attacked those vampires was gone-or that it wouldn't attack normals.

"Okay." She said. "I'll tell them." She ran back out of the basement and went first to the place where the men were staying, so they could get the wagons, and Vincent's horse ready. She then went back to the inn and told the other women to get everything ready to go. Everyone was happy to just be able to go home-not that they had anything against being in town, they were just more comfortable at the farm.

Vincent knew he needed to feed-but it would have to wait until he got home-and Sara would have to bow out-he still needed to tell her what her playing around with Tommy had produced-which would have both of them extremely happy.

He stood and checked Joanna out one more time before he left-noting that she was sleeping deeply, but not unconscious.

When he got outside, his men were busy loading the hitched wagons and the women were climbing aboard. "Tommy, you take Diablo-I think I'll ride this new one I acquired. The red horse was pretty punchy, and he liked that, but he didn't think it would take well to being led or driven. He climbed on its back and-after they all got settled-he led the way back to the farm.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users