69 replies to this topic

#41 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:16 PM

The trucks:

Truck_bed.jpg
(picture for the size, not color...ours are all solid colored and a little taller than this)

Like I said at the very start of the first Atomic Sunrise game, our people are descended from a civilization that was highly advanced in many ways (much more so than we are now in real life). I left that vague so that I could make stuff up as I needed it!

And this is one of those times ;). The trucks our team will be using were military/government prototypes that were advanced even for the high tech past that was destroyed, so they’re “futuristic” in a way but from the past--will have combination solar/fusion engines as we are pretending our ancestors had perfected this :angel:. They are very convenient for our game, and I admit that freely. I want our characters to have some comforts and advantages “out there” as they travel, and so I’m making stuff up (whether it is feasible/”realistic” or not), so just go with it! The team will have enough hardships and roughing it and trouble as it is :devil:.

So……..everyone will get PMs on what their characters are specifically investigating, but here’s everything about the trucks.

Almost as wide as a lane on a highway and about four car (medium) lengths long.

Each truck has a large area in back of the cab.

Truck_cab.jpg

Don’t worry about remembering each truck yet, we’ll get to where we know them. Everyone is going to have something to investigate and check out, so watch for those PMs. Then they’ll sleep, we’ll jump to later and be packing up what they’ll need.

For now just remember:
Black = Command/Weapons
Red = Medical
Blue = Sleeping
Green = Food/Supplies

Black truck/COMMAND & WEAPONS:
Spoiler: click to show/hide
Large open area inside, two levels – first is tall enough for a tall person to stand up in – will be for weapons, some supplies – there are three sleek motorcycles, very “futuristic” looking – have strange engines (solar and fusion) – along one wall inside of the truck are wires and fold down tables, plus other docking bays for laptop computers – also room for the mechanical bear to be stored in the lower compartment behind the cab, the upper part has room for people to sit and look out with weapons.

Dark red (maroon) truck/MEDICAL:
In front near the cab will be a side door leading into a section of the truck that takes up about 1/3 of the space – is an area for some sort of lab to be set up, wires for power and places to bolt equipment – storage spaces as well as storage in second level above (reached by a ladder on the side) – small cot that folds down from the wall half way up. Also a small area that is empty for Silverwind's character if necessary.

Rest of the truck is a space that looks like a med lab – lots of storage spaces and places to put equipment/medical supplies securely – storage above on second level reached by ladder on wall – operating table that folds down, as well as cots – room for portable equipment but not the large stuff (most of the advanced stuff in the underground medlab is small and portable) – places for all medicines and herbs, etc. Even a refillable container of water.

Dark green truck/FOOD & SUPPLIES:
Also two levels – small refrigerated area and cooking stove – lots of storage on both levels.

Dark blue truck/SLEEPING:
One tall, one shorter level  - contains sleeping compartments with sliding door and a narrow walkway in the middle – storage spaces above inside the sleeping spaces – all empty, will need to bring own bedding – wires for power – 5 compartments on either side = 10; small sleeping level above on second level where the four guards will sleep and keep their stuff…metal ladder on side of wall leading up.

Ishmael/Sophie; Razor/Alexie; Tim/Carolyne; Isabella; Conner; Joseph; Silas; Sherise; Konoko; Silverwind’s character inside blue truck

Lorei will sleep in her little lab but have storage in the blue truck

Leonid will take the compartment behind the blue cab; Dave will sleep behind the green cab; Chrissie, Charlie, Samual will sleep behind the red cab.

In “reality” not everyone will be sleeping inside, especially when they are stopped…lots of camping out type stuff in large/small tents as well. Everyone‘s choice where they sleep, but everyone does have a “place” in one of the trucks.

Okay, hope this sounds like fun :D. PM's on the way ASAP!!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 28 March 2008 - 08:09 PM.

#42 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:15 AM

*yawns* WOOT trucks :D *falls asleep*

#43 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:58 AM

LOL!!! Glad you  like them...and you know how big they are now!!
Hope you're all rested up now...we've got some exploring and packing to do!!!
Among other things :devil:.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 31 March 2008 - 12:05 PM.

#44 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

We'll probably jump ahead to "the next morning" on Monday some time, now that the trucks have been found  :D. More about them can be described later, too, and as we play.

#45 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

Okay, SW will be joining in shortly...her character will have only arrived at the settlement during the late fall/early winter, so she'll be new. But everyone will know who she is...how well is up to each person. :)

#46 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

Okay, granted I've only read parts 1, 2, and the current one... But I have to ask:

Mechanical bear? :blink:

#47 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:26 PM

Lol the mechanical bear is a robot shaped in the form of a bear developed in the Old World as a weapon. One went nutty on it's programming and tried to kill Alexie. She incapacitated and damaged it. Eventually it was brought back to the settlement and now Konoko has been working on repairing, restoring and reprogramming it to act as a defender.
Rejected and gone.

#48 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

View Postsilverwind, on Mar 31 2008, 01:23 PM, said:

Okay, granted I've only read parts 1, 2, and the current one... But I have to ask:

Mechanical bear? :blink:
LOL!! What Miko said...and don't forget Reno, the human android. The past came to the future in one game!

And welcome to Rose Lorne :).

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 31 March 2008 - 01:59 PM.

#49 silverwind

silverwind

Not the only one

• Islander
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for the explanation, Mikoto.  I wasn't sure if it was something out of the zoo in the early parts or what. :hehe:

Leonids and robots and mechanical bears, oh my! :D

(Ack!  Involuntary Wizard of Oz quotation! :eek:)

Oh....I guess I forgot to add in the profile.  Whoops!  *off to fix*
Proud ally and supporter of Euro-snobs and international flakes.

Signs your coworker may be able to manipulate time:  "Is this the first time you've called here before?"

Signs your coworker needs to work on their vocabularly:  A:  "It opens up in Notepad and it's just jibberish."  B:  "So you can't understand it?"

#50 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:41 AM

Yay new profile!! :)

#51 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:29 AM

I do have an idea for the next game...a real adventure :wink: this time. :D

If your characters are currently involved in the fighting, and you post that they are on the trucks at the end, I will assume you'd like to continue playing :D. If not, well, there'll be no way for them to 'catch up' and they'll be stuck in Portersville :o! ;)

#52 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:00 AM

"Scuse me, I think Razor has the medical truck, Leonid has the food truck ;)

#53 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:06 AM

You're right. My bad.

#54 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

S'ok, just wondered if the trucks got moved around and the medical truck turned green or something ;)

#55 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:38 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooooo I missed all the action, I checked yesterday too and there was nothing, tonight it's all over. :(
If I could remember any good quotes I would put one here!!!

#56 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:44 PM

View PostBrit, on Apr 2 2008, 07:38 PM, said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo I missed all the action, I checked yesterday too and there was nothing, tonight it's all over. :(
You did?  :blink: I started the fighting about 11:00 AM my time (which would be about evening your time.) That's weird you missed it!! I'm sorry!!!!!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 02 April 2008 - 07:44 PM.

#57 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:00 AM

No problem as long as you don't get Silas killed (hurt a little is fine) or make him go all cowardly it's fine.  I was checking at work so that's probably why I missed it.

Also my topic notification is not working.  It does that sometimes.  Must be a Yahoo thing.

I am away overnight tonight so just have Silas trucking along LOL.

#58 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:01 AM

Just giving Silverwind a chance to post then we'll be wrapping this story up.

It's going to be a little while before I start the next game...I'm sensing a lull in the games and maybe the need for some breaks :angel:.

For the next game, keep in mind you don't have to use all or any of your characters if you want a rest, too. It will be easy to have them off on a separate thing to where they are part of the game still, but you wouldn't have to participate until you wanted to come back :). Like for the next game I'm not going to use Reno, and Conner will just be a mention, not part of the main action.

It's looking to be an outdoor adventure with no technology, but some kidnappings, pits with icky beasties, a cult of sorts that's dangerous, and escaping mutants :D.

So, I'll wrap the game up shortly and we'll see where we go from here!! Thanks to all for playing and getting the new "setting" going :).

#59 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:13 AM

No-one is allowed to kidnap Isabella or Nemo, been there, done that ;) I want to be a rescuer this time or the kidnapper :devil: YAY for icky beasties :D

#60 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:16 AM

Gotta love those icky beasties, count me in.  Silas will be there and I'm happy to take part in any way.

Welcome Rose, just read your extremely interesting profile.  Look forward to writing with you.

Edited by Brit, 03 April 2008 - 06:24 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users