Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 10:06 AM

The jury came back.

50 years for the death.
10 years for tampering with evidence.

These sentances are consecutive, not concurrent.

I'm not sure when she's up for parole. I think the sentance is fair, personally.

Thoughts?
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 10:15 AM

Good!!!!!^^^^^^

That woman is crazy......! :wacko:  I know she was "on drugs" and "not thinking"....but HOW do you drive into your garage with a MAN stuck in your windshield and DYING, for goodness sake, and not go for help!! :crazy:

I'm glad she got that long of a sentence.  Maybe it will make other people think.....at the very least, it'll get her off the streets.

Just my little purple opinion!!  Your purple may vary.

#3 Lord of the Sword

Lord of the Sword
  • Islander
  • 15,681 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 10:16 AM

I think she got off easy, myself. She took a man's life. And, the way she did it showed that she had no remorse, and no regard for the life she took. IMO, she should've gotten life in prison without parole.
"Sometimes you get the point of the sword, sometimes the edge, sometimes the flat of the blade (even if you're the Lord of the Sword) and sometimes you're the guy wielding it. But any day without the Sword or its Lord is one that could've been better  " ~Orpheus.

The Left is inclusive, and tolerant, unless you happen to think and believe different than they do~ Lord of the Sword

Looks like the Liberal Elite of Exisle have finally managed to silence the last remaining Conservative voice on the board.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.” ~Thomas Jefferson

#4 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,149 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 10:17 AM

Sometimes there is Justice.
Can't Touch This!!

#5 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 11:52 AM

I think there should also be a lifetime ban from driving, but I don't know how the laws work down there, if it's even an option...

Other than that, fairly reasonable, if anything can be "reasonable" in a case like this.

Rhys
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

#6 Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster

There's no Shepard without Vakarian

• Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 11:55 AM

Hope this comes with psychiatric counseling myself.

I would question the humanity of anyone who would leave a human being to lie there and die when they were prefectly capable of helping them.
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

#7 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 11:57 AM

Nikki Peppermint, on Jun 27 2003, 04:16 PM, said:

That woman is crazy......! :wacko:  I know she was "on drugs" and "not thinking"....but HOW do you drive into your garage with a MAN stuck in your windshield and DYING, for goodness sake, and not go for help!! :crazy:
Bingo.

This really was a common sense decision.

Just my little purple opinion!!  Your purple may vary.

ROFL!
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#8 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 12:04 PM

I have to agree with LotS, she got off light...I have totally no sympathy for this woman.

What she did was inhuman in the extreme, and this is the sort of thing that to me merits the full punishment the law allows.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Texas, 2003, Windshield murderer

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users