Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Is It Too Early for a San Diego Comicon 08 roll call?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:15 PM

How many of you are attending Comicon in San Diego this year?  Im planning to be there.
"

wise words to contemplate...

"...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away..." Unknown (If you know, email me. Possibly dominique,eugene nicole?)

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." -Carl Jung

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." --Mark Twain--

#2 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:47 AM

Sorry it's not happening for me this year. I have chef school going on then and would not be able to get the time free to go. But have fun folks.
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#3 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:49 AM

View Postscruffylookin, on Apr 23 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

How many of you are attending Comicon in San Diego this year?  Im planning to be there.
What day are you showing up?  I'm planning on the first couple days, see how I manage in the growing crowd.  Will cut and run by Friday, probably.   :blush:

View PostG1223, on Apr 24 2008, 05:47 AM, said:

Sorry it's not happening for me this year. I have chef school going on then and would not be able to get the time free to go. But have fun folks.
I'm sorry I'll miss meeting you!   :(
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#4 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

I've had my con tickets for months, but I'm still on the waiting list for a hotel.  Until I get that, I won't book my flight.
---tamara
"Night; and once again  while I wait for you, cold wind turns into rain." ---Shiki Masaoka (1867-1902)

#5 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:37 PM

Im coming Wed night and staying through Monday Nonny.  Im staying a few blocks away from the convention site
"

"...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view." - Obi Wan Kenobi

but by the moments that take our breath away..." Unknown (If you know, email me. Possibly dominique,eugene nicole?)

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." -Carl Jung

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." --Mark Twain--

#6 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

I won't know about my first choice of lodging for a while yet, but my backup is campsite reservations slightly up the coast.  I'll be checking out the trolley and the train, and mean to avoid driving in and parking.    :eek:
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#7 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:53 AM

Well I had no plans to go, but I actually think I'm gonna have to be there on Thursday and Friday so...
Posted Image

#8 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:43 AM

I really really want to go :( I wish I lived nearer, or that SD wasn't on the west coast - I did look at flights, just on the off chance, only $1500 ;) and 19 hours flying time...maybe next year or the year after...........

#9 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

Barrowman and Gareth David Lloyd are going to be there....

There's Torchwood doings.  Which is why I have to consider it now.
Posted Image

#10 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:13 AM

^ Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#11 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

anyone else thinking of going,  Im still in hotel reservation hell, but about to rent a house ,  its cheaper LOL

Edited by scruffylookin, 03 June 2008 - 11:18 AM.

"

#12 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:05 PM

View Postscruffylookin, on Jun 3 2008, 09:18 AM, said:

anyone else thinking of going,  Im still in hotel reservation hell, but about to rent a house ,  its cheaper LOL
Sounds like a good idea.  Is it close to a trolley or bus line?
Posted Image

#13 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:42 PM

View Postscruffylookin, on Jun 3 2008, 09:18 AM, said:

I just booked a hotel but only for one night.  I'm flying in Thursday morning and out Friday evening and traveling EXTREMELY light.  

Lil
Posted Image

#14 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:24 AM

well its not the most convenient places to the convention center, but I m not sure what the alternative would be.
"

#15 Mr. Synystyr

Mr. Synystyr

Watching from the shadows...

• Islander
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:13 PM

Mrs. S. and I will be there.  Just look for the ~ 6'7" guy in cargo shorts and t-shirt, and the 5'2" gal with the mane to make Aslan jealous.  ;)  For meals this year we'll be having breakfasts at Cafe 222, bringing lunch with us, and having dinner at places like Peohe's.

As usual, if anyone has any questions for a local, let me know.

General heads-up - supposedly they are only allowing on-line registration this year, and the 4-day passes are sold out.  1-day registration is still available.

Best to all!

:yin-yang:
Feel the velvet darkness caressing you...

#16 Thia The Muse

Thia The Muse

Galwit Mysto

• 893 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

^ I may have to look you up, it's my first-tme goinng to such a big con and I'm nevous as hell.

~Thia
"Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously."
~xkcd, "The Race: Part 4"
Posted Image

#17 Mr. Synystyr

Mr. Synystyr

Watching from the shadows...

• Islander
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:06 AM

If you'd like, Thia, when we get closer to the Con I can PM you my cell number (I might be changing it between now and then, if we get our national account at work set up in time).  If anyone else would like it as well, let me know.
Feel the velvet darkness caressing you...

#18 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

Looking forward to seeing everyone
"

#19 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:01 AM

Plan A worked!  Yay!  I get to stay within walking distance of a trolley stop!  

Whew!  Couldn't make a reservation till a month out.  

More later.
Posted Image

#20 georgelaforge

georgelaforge
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

I will be there...has anyone heard about panels?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users