Battlestar Galactica UK 2008

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:38 PM

Bumper year for fans of BSG in the UK as we have just had Starfury Complete with Michelle Forbes, Jamie Bamber etc  Anyone else from Exisle going to these especially the con in December which doubles as my birthday party  :D

May 24th and 25th
London Expo

ALESSANDRO JULIANI
BODIE OLMOS
AARON DOUGLAS
Edward James Olmos

August 8th,9th and 10th
Wolf Events Galactica Four

December 5th,6th and 7th
Battlestar Starfury

James Callis
Michelle Forbes
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#2 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

Meet up thread

London Expo
Jipster
CurlyKirsty
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#3 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

Hope you two have fun! :)
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#4 TranceGemmy

TranceGemmy

B!t<h

• Islander
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:51 AM

Im going to be there  on may 24th and 25th, must ge tmy brother autographs as he has work XD
:D
Im going to be cosplaying As chii from Chobbits- hope i see peoples there if they can make it ;D
heres the wig and dress so if you see me give me a shout XD
Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope you guys recognize meee XD
Im barely active on these forums anymore, but just wanted to check to see if anyone was attending, and yay! they are ;D

Edited by TranceGemmy, 15 May 2008 - 07:52 AM.

#5 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:39 AM

I will be the one being removed and arrested for harrassing cosplayers in pink and white costumes, :blink:  see you there Trancegemmy.  I am going to take a picnic to my friend Mark on Saturday so I shall have a picnic basket.  (Poor Mark works all weekend and needs feeding up IMO :lol: )

We will miss you Fnlprblm, get on a plane and come over! :D
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#6 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

Managed to find Trancegemmy who looked very pretty.  But did not see Jipster at all, saw loads of people I knew and Edward James Olmas was very cool dude, nice to meet and very approachable.  Alessandro, Rekha and Aaron were there (Brodie pulled out for filming)

I got my ticket sorted for August tho no guests announced yet and will shortly be buying one for December.

Battlestarfury now has
James Callis
Michelle Forbes
Tamoh Penikett
Leah Cairns
Nicki Clyne
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#7 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:45 PM

How many of the JMC's did you meet up with, might I ask?
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#8 TranceGemmy

TranceGemmy

B!t<h

• Islander
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

Yayyy!
It was a awesome expo inddeeed!
And we got pics together! (me and CurlyKirsty)
Everyone there was so kind! Yayyy! <3
~
xxxx~
Such awesome experiences at the expo =]
Hope to see some more peoples in October!~
x

#9 CurlyKirsty

CurlyKirsty
  • Islander
  • 652 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Trancegemmy you looked lovely.  

Fnl
Really was not a JediChef sorta event, there was only Lacey and myself and a few others who are not part of the core group who now for some strange reason deny ever seeing me even though I sat with them for a while.  Next time I see them particularly the one guy who runs cons and thinks a bit much of himself I will give toy specs to as he is either very shallow or short sighted.  :lol:  (God knows how he manages to ingratiate himself with certain actors and actresses and then bitches about them behind their backs, tho thankfully he has not done that to Laura or I would swing a bat at him.)

It was very sweet of Edward to say he will come back in August but there has been no announcements.
Doctor Who?

Posted Image

#10 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:20 AM

Cute pics CK. :D
You look good and happy. :)
I barely recognize you, TranceGemmy from two and a half years ago.  You've grown up a lot.  On the other hand, it helps that you're not covered in purple and this time you've got a blonde wig. :hehe:  One again, you've done a nice job on your costume.

CK, you'll have a pm. ;)

LauraBertram.net

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users