Vampire Hunters of Delmi Part IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#21 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

Morning Star carried Tialyn and Kat with only a thick saddle blanket on--his white coat shining in the moonlight--along the dirt road that led into town. Living just on the edge of Delmi meant Tialyn and Kat were still protected by the city guard yet had a great deal more privacy, especially for Kat to assume her panther form without detection. The horse's hooves made a muffled clop clop sound on the packed dirt road until they reached a narrow side street that led to the sometimes cobbled and sometimes brick main street through town.

As usual Tialyn and Kat kept their senses alert while out at night, but nothing seemed out of order. All was quiet except for a few folks heading home, and the inns and eating places were closing or had shut down for the night.

Tialyn took Morning Star around to the back of the Old Fox Inn to the far end of the stables that was rarely used. She let Kat slide off, then dismounted and guided the horse into a dark stable as quietly as she could. Tialyn saw the the lantern lit in another stable and saw the silhouette of Jair leaning against the door frame.

"Must be a late night visitor," she whispered to Kat as she let the horse wander in, shutting the lower door behind him quietly. He'd be fine for awhile with just the water in the trough. "Shhh," Tialyn put a finger to her lips with a wink.

They made it to the secret door in the alley and began to take the stone steps downward.

#22 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

Annise shuddered as Samael's fangs pricked along her neck. She leaned her head back to give him greater access should her vampire lover wish to feed. She was full of hot, fresh blood and could feel it engorging the veins of her dead body. Annise bared her own fangs and hissed as another would sigh.

#23 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

Vincent pulled up at the secret door to the Inn, then looped Diablo's reins over his head so he wouldn't step on them before turning him loose to go graze in the grass by the road. He could feel a stranger in the barn and figured it was a late-night traveler, so he went inside as quickly as he could, arriving just behind Kat and Tialyn, taking a seat to wait for Jo-who should have already been there, but seemed to be delayed.

Sephira smiled as she saw Vincent's black horse grazing by the road-and hurried to the door in the side of the Inn since she was also running a little late, but noticed that she was still ahead of Jo.

#24 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:30 PM

Jo finished scrubbing the bloody message off her door, then put the bucket and cloth inside her hallway. She stepped out and re-locked her front door before going down the street back towards the Old Fox Inn. Her movements were considerably more wary than usual, keeping her back mostly towards the walls or in the centre of the streets where it would be harder to be jumped and she kept her hand on her sword. However Joanna arrived at the Inn without incident, slid around the back and made it to the secret entrance. She caught a glimpse of Arjhay still gooming his horse and talking to Jair as she passed the stables. She opened the door to the secret entrance to the basement and went down the stairs. She grimaced slightly as she saw that everyone was there and seated at the table. She must be considerably later than usual. "Hey, sorry I'm late." She apologised, coming up tp the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Graayth watched Jo came down the stairs from the secret entrance and kept the frown from his face. He didn't know her as well as the others but he could tell that something had disturbed her this evening. He nodded once in response to her apology for being late. "It happens." He said simply and waited for the meeting to start.

Edited by EvilMikoto, 21 July 2008 - 06:32 PM.

#25 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:35 PM

Breanna looked closely at Jo. Normally she wouldn't be late for a meeting unless it was for something important, or she was incapacited. And since she was here, that ruled out the latter. "What happened?" she asked.

#26 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

Professor Senegoid jumped in surprise at the sound of the voice, but immediately realized this was the person Joanna told him to expect. He smiled sheepishly at the man leaning in the doorway.

"Good evening to you, Mister Lihara," he said. "Sorry if I'm a little jumpy, but we were attacked on the road a few miles out of town and I'm still on edge. That's how my horse was hurt."

He walked over and shook Jair's hand.

"Thank you for giving us a place to stay. I'm exhausted. But before I turn in, I think I should talk to your city guard and tell them that there are bandits on the road."

#27 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

Tialyn narrowed her gray eyes at Jo in concentration and stared at her as she sat down, late to the meeting. She glanced at Breanna when the Nightwalker questioned their leader as to if something had happened.

"Yes," she echoed. "What's going on? I got that "feeling" this evening before we came...something's wrong...out there," the Elviri gestured vaguely to the outside world "...and I think you know what it is, or at least you suspect, Jo."

Tialyn leaned slightly forward across the table.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 22 July 2008 - 05:16 AM.

#28 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:19 AM

Samael took what Annise freely offered, he sank his fangs into her soft, white flesh....he growled with pleasure as her rich, hot blood filled his mouth and his eyes closed....

When he had taken what he needed, he closed the small puncture wounds on her neck and held her close

"She should have found my gift by now....soon I will leave her another, he smiled...perhaps a pale haired elviri"

Kat looked at Jo, she tilted her head to one side and sniffed......Jo carried the scent of blood, it was faint, diluted...she waited for Jo to answer Breanna and Tialyn

#29 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:55 AM

Sephira was wondering herself what was troubling Jo, but she didn't want to press her-Breanna had already asked, and if Jo wanted to tell them, then she would, but Sephira could see that she was rattled, and it took a lot to rattle her.

Vincent smelled the faint trace of blood on Jo as soon as she sat down, and he wondered what it meant. He didn't ask, because the question had already been asked, and if Joanna wanted to answer, she would. However-if it was enough to rattle her, then something was definitely wrong.

#30 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

Jo delayed slightly in answering her team's questions by taking a seat at the table. "I think Samael is back." She announced. "I don't know of any other vampire who would leave the body of one of his victims on the doorstep to my house and use her blood to write a message on my front door." She debated telling them that the victim looked quite similar to Kat and that the vampire had gone to some trouble to make her hairstyle the same as Kat's. "I'm a bit late because I removed the message from my door. With any luck when the city guard finds the body, they won't link it personally to me." She explained.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jair smiled at Professor Senegoid. "You're welcome." Then he paused. "Bandits?" His expression immediately changed to much more serious. "That's quite serious news. We have a a city guard named Garion that does his patrols around the city most nights. We can inform him when he does tonight's patrol if you'd like." He answered.

#31 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

It took Tialyn a moment to remember then her eyes opened wide. "No! Oh no, it can't be!" she exclaimed softly. "We killed..."

Then she realized they had only killed the redhaired vampire, the female who had attacked Reece and helped kidnap Jo all those months ago, as well as their Nightwalker leader. The other, the male who had been after the vampire hunters's leader had escaped.

Now he had returned?

"Escaped...right, he escaped," she said mostly to herself, then, "Oh, I'm sorry, Jo," Tialyn said softly. "What a horrible thing to have found...he...he must be after you, and probably us, again."

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 22 July 2008 - 09:25 AM.

#32 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:05 AM

Kat snarled, she remembered the pale haired creature, she remembered hearing his howl of anguish in the cave.....we killed his female.....now he wants revenge....she looked at Jo, her nostrils flaring....her voice lost its harsh edge.....there is something else.....what are you not telling us?

#33 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

Jo looked up sharply at Kat and sighed, sometimes her vampire hunters knew her too well. "All right." She conceeded. "There is one more thing. The body was positioned on her side with her neck exposed so the first thing I'd see were the fang marks- and the fact she looks quite similar to you, Kat." She explained darkly. "He'd even gone to the trouble of braiding her hair like yours-I could see the waves where it had initially been worn in a different style." She added.

#34 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:09 PM

Sephira felt faintly nauseous when Jo said that Samael was back-she still couldn't forget how it felt when Urvon fed on her, and she knew Samael was the only one to escape. If he was back, then they all were in danger.

Vincent listened as Jo explained everything, including that the body had been deliberately redone to resemble Kat. Looked like he was telling her he was going after her friends as well as her.

"He's not only going after you-it sounds like he's saying he's going after your friends first." He finally said. That probably included him too, even though he wasn't really a friend-but he had been there in the original raid.

#35 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

"She should have found my gift by now....soon I will leave her another..perhaps a pale haired elviri."

The moon's light shone down coldly on Samael as Annise looked up at him.

"Yessss," she hissed with pleasure. "Yes. There were two of those...those creatures in the group...make them wonder...wonder which one we are after, if perhapsss we only want one."

As she and Samael returned to the cave entrance, Annise suddenly slapped the face of one of the newly turned vampires. On watch duty he was focused more on his feet than watching for danger. She growled as he protested loudly. "You...you're to be watching the foressst, the top of the cave, all around...who do you think will attack from the ground, idiot?!"  Then she laughed and smiled, her voice becoming a whisper. "You have much to learn. Learn quickly...or die."

#36 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:24 PM

Jair smiled at Professor Senegoid. "You're welcome." Then he paused. "Bandits?" His expression immediately changed to much more serious. "That's quite serious news. We have a a city guard named Garion that does his patrols around the city most nights. We can inform him when he does tonight's patrol if you'd like." He answered.

"Yes, thank you, I'd like to tell him as soon as possible," said the professor. "Other travelers may be in danger. I was able to drive them off with a couple of well-placed clouts of my walking stick, but others may not be so lucky. Sadly, I lost my stick in the struggle. It was a gift from my colleagues at the university and the head was made of pure silver."

He stroked his horse's mane and watched as she munched contentedly on her grain.  "Well, I've bandaged her wound and I think she just needs a good night's rest. Shall we go speak to Garion?"

#37 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

Tialyn looked from Jo to Kat and back, shaking her head slowly. She gave a heavy sigh. It had been Kat, in her panther form, who'd probably done the most damage to the vampire Samael...before he'd escaped.

"Vincent could be right," she said to Jo. "But is the Nightwalker just trying to scare you...well, us...first, or...or is he telling us he's going to go after Kat first."

#38 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:00 AM

Samael laughed when the young vampire turned to him......"Annise is your elder boy, you will listen to her as you would listen to me.....make no mistake, if you slip up she will kill you and I won't stop her."

He took Annise's hand and led her into the cave...

"Come my love, let us make plans for tomorrow night"....he pictured the were-panthers friend, the small elviri...he grinned.....

Kat stood up and began pacing.......

"I think he's just trying to scare us.....or Jo....if he was going to go after me, why didn't he? I've been working late at the estate, I've been alone, he could have ....she shivered.....he's old, strong, in an unexpected attack he could take me........she shook her head.... he's playing a game, toying with us...or...she glanced at Jo.....he knew you, you'd met before.....you stopped him once, you led the team that stopped him last time, the team that killed the red haired monster......Jo, he wants you to suffer....she looked around at her friends...we need to stay together and stay alert."

#39 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:38 AM

Jo nodded. "I'd sort of guessed that because I was alone when I found the body. He could have quite easily struck from the shadows and I probably would have never known what hit me." She admitted candidly, then looked around at the group one by one. "I agree with Kat, we should stick together and go around in groups of three or four at least. Those of us who live alone and isolated should probably move into the Inn for a while. Like my house it had psionic wards on it so he can't get in here."

She thought over her next words and what she knew of vampire behaviour and sighed again. In truth finding the body like that had unnerved her slightly but she didn't show it. "However, it's a common behavioural type for vampires to want to establish their own nests. It's entirely possible Samael has started his own nest and isn't alone anymore." Joanna's expression hardened slightly. "But they are likely to be newly-turned and not so difficult. I think we should go out there and hunt him down. He can't take all of us together. We proved that already." She stated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lachette sat at a rough table in the cave system they were using, thinking to himself while he waited for Samael and Annise to finish whatever they were doing outside so that they could plan their next course of action. He looked ordinary with light brown hair and dark brown eyes, with the characteristic paleness of his kind. His clothing was loose, comfortable and ordinary and outwardly he looked like any other average citizen with a stable job. However he was over five hundred years old and midway through his vampire life but seemed like he was in his early thirties. Lachette glanced around the cave in distaste.

He'd much prefer using a hume settlement, like an isolated farmstead as a base rather than a crude cave but Samael had warned him that taking over such a property would likely alert the vampire hunters that guarded Delmi. At the thought of vampire hunters, Lachette hissed distastefully. He hated vampire hunters of any kind. He hated them for hunting him and his kind and he had devoted the entirety of his five centuries to wiping out any that he could find. Encountering Samael had been a lucky meeting for both of them. He had helped in bringing Annise back and finding recruits to be turned. And he would help in wiping out the band of vampire hunters here in Delmi.

Edited by EvilMikoto, 24 July 2008 - 08:42 AM.

#40 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:57 PM

Jair nodded. "Of course, he should be making his rounds soon." He answered Professor Senegoid neutrally although he had paid attention when their new guest mentioned about losing his staff and the tip made of pure silver. He made a mental note to talk to Joanna about the attack and the weapon used as it was just the kind of information the leader of the Vampire Hunters wanted. "Let's go." He suggested and lead the way around the Inn to the front to await the arrival of the City Guard.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users