• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#41 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

The professor followed Jair to the front of the Inn, dragging his feet wearily and yawning.  "This looks like a nice town you have here," he told Jair.  "I'm glad I found it.  Normally, I don't mind sleeping out in the countryside, but I was a little nervous about it after encountering those bandits. I'm not as young as I used to be. Also, it's been over a week since I slept in a bed." He stretched and rubbed his neck sheepishly. "Maybe I can even stay a few days and get some work done. You see, I'm on sabbatical to do some historical research and my next stop was the library at Melcene.  Do you have any local historians who might be willing to meet with me while I'm waiting for my horse to get better?"

#42 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:18 AM

Sephira nodded when Jo suggested those that lived alone move to the Inn. "I'm not in a hurry to be vampire bait again." She said with a grimace-remembering the painful feeding that Urvon inflicted upon her while she'd been held captive. She kept some extra clothes here anyway-just in case-so she was already set.

Vincent nodded as well. "That's a good idea-I'll still stay at my place-I can take care of myself and my people. He would have to let them know to get back inside at dusk for now-until they either run Samael back off or kill him.

#43 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

Jair nodded as he spotted Garion walking down the street on patrol, in full armour and armed with a sword and shield. "Yes, there's a local teacher who has an interest in history, an Elviri woman named Tialyn." He answered. "She is a friend of Jo so you can probably find her tomorrow." He said then called out to Garion as he drew closer. The city guard came over to them and nodded politely. "Can I help you?" He asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joanna nodded and stood up. "All right then, let's get hunting. I've been hearing rumours of attacks on travellers a little walk out of town so we'll start there tonight." She decided. "We'll be going together as one group tonight, no sending out scouting pairs for a bit." While it was one of her favourite tactics to split up into pairs for the moment she didn't feel happy with splitting up her team during the night with such an old vampire with a grudge out on the loose.

Edited by EvilMikoto, 26 July 2008 - 06:38 PM.

#44 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

Sephira nodded and stood. "A good idea." She said. She didn't feel they should split up either-not with Samael on the prowl.

Vincent stood as Joanna told them they would patrol as one group and agreed with Sephira-they had no idea what Samael was planning, and even paired up, they would still be too vulnerable.

#45 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:19 AM

Annise entered the cavern where Lachette sat at the table. Samael was behind her. The vampire guard patrolling the cave system passed by and glanced in. Annise walked slowly around the table, trailing her fingers lightly across its surface. She appeared to not be paying much attention and she gazed around her, but the Nightwalker was fully alert, waiting for the discussion to begin. She had found her sisters in the supernatural realm...and then lost them again once Samael and Lachette had brought her back to life. But she knew they were safe now...Seph had agreed to make their eternal damnation "easier" as a part of his and Annise's bargain.

#46 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:22 AM

"I'm ready," Tialyn answered as she checked her weapons once more, grabbed her quarterstaff, and swung her cloak around her shoulders.

#47 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:23 PM

Jair nodded as he spotted Garion walking down the street on patrol, in full armour and armed with a sword and shield. "Yes, there's a local teacher who has an interest in history, an Elviri woman named Tialyn." He answered. "She is a friend of Jo so you can probably find her tomorrow." He said then called out to Garion as he drew closer. The city guard came over to them and nodded politely. "Can I help you?" He asked.

The professor reached out to shake Garion's hand, noticed his fearsome-looking metal glove and smoothly turned the gesture into a wave.  

"Hello," he said. "My name is Professor Senegoid. I just arrived from out of town and I thought you should be aware that you have some bandits in the area. I was attacked a couple of miles down the main road. I was lucky enough to get away in one piece, but my horse was injured. Unfortunately, it was dark, so I didn't get a good look at them, but there were at least three or four."

The professor scratched his head thoughtfully.

"Come to think of it, it's kind of odd that I was able to run them off. I guess I got in a couple of lucky shots with my walking stick because one of them let out a painful scream and they all fled. Tomorrow, I must take a walk out there and try to find my stick. It's a valuable antique."

#48 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:08 AM

Kat growled softly, her claws partially extended and she felt her jaw shift slightly.....she had spent some time with Graayth, he was teaching her how to shift only certain parts of her body, once or twice she had been left as a hume with a tail or a cat with hands, but she was getting better, the more she practiced the easier it became...

"I'm ready"

She went to stand beside Tialyn

#49 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:17 AM

With the team ready, Joanna nodded and lead them back outside into the alley through the secret entrance then back around to the front, into the street so that they could walk out of the town. As she did so, she caught a brief glimpse of Professor Senegoid, Jair and the city guard soldier named Garion standing outside talking. Since his back was turned to them Garion didn't see the group of vampire hunters turn and walk quietly down the street into the darkness but she was fairly sure that the professor did see them. However it only took a moment then the group were out of sight and proceeding out of town. It didn't take them very long to leave the city and go out into the fields, weaving their way past the farms towards the forests. Jo was feeling a little better now that they were actually out hunting for Samael and his presumable nest of vampires.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Graayth chose to walk next to Kat and Tialyn as they passed through Delmi and out into the fields. He maintained his fully hume form and would likely do so for the rest of the night unless they encountered trouble or a situation when either of his other two forms would be useful. He'd spent sufficient time in his wolf form that his beast instincts were comfortably under control and he could use his enhanced senses to probe the night for hidden dangers.

Edited by EvilMikoto, 28 July 2008 - 07:19 AM.

#50 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:26 AM

Garion listened to Professor Senegoid as he described the attack and nodded solemnly. "Thank you for the information, Professor." He answered with a slight smile. "It's a part of the city guard's duties to keep the roads leading in and out of Delmi safe so I will inform my superiors to send a few patrols out there to try and stamp out these bandits. If they find your stick we'll have it sent back to you." He double checked the location that the attack occurred, and as he did so, he thought he heard footsteps behind him, however they were so faint he wondered if he'd imagined it and the thought was quickly forgotten. "I must continue my patrol, and thanks again for the information." Jair had been standing quietly then he tapped Arjhay's shoulder. "Well, let's get you settled in for the night." He suggested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lachette waited until Samael and Annise were seated at the table then began. "I assume you're going to leave another gift for the leader of the vampire hunters tomorrow night?" He asked softly. "You'll probably only be able to get away with that once or twice more before they start setting traps for you in the hopes of catching you as you display the bodies." He stated quite calmly. "Something suitably horrific for a mortal before we move up to the next stage." Lachette himself would favour staking the victim by the wrists to the hume's house but he was interested to hear what his two allies would come up with. He was especially looking forward to unleashing the supposedly 'dead' Annise on them and watch their reactions.

Edited by EvilMikoto, 28 July 2008 - 07:32 AM.

#51 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,448 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

Garion listened to Professor Senegoid as he described the attack and nodded solemnly. "Thank you for the information, Professor." He answered with a slight smile. "It's a part of the city guard's duties to keep the roads leading in and out of Delmi safe so I will inform my superiors to send a few patrols out there to try and stamp out these bandits. If they find your stick we'll have it sent back to you." He double checked the location that the attack occurred, and as he did so, he thought he heard footsteps behind him, however they were so faint he wondered if he'd imagined it and the thought was quickly forgotten. "I must continue my patrol, and thanks again for the information."

"You're quite welcome," replied the professor. "I'd hate to see anyone get hurt like my horse, or worse. And thank you for keeping an eye out for my walking stick." As he spoke, he was distracted by movement in the shadows behind the inn.

Jair had been standing quietly then he tapped Arjhay's shoulder. "Well, let's get you settled in for the night." He suggested.

"Er... yes, of course," the professor agreed. "I'm quite exhausted and starving."  Had it been his imagination, or had he seen a group of people sneaking around behind the inn?  He was so tired and jumpy it was hard to be sure. Maybe he should say something to Jair. What if it was the bandits back there?!

#52 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

Vincent chose to stay near the rear of the group and watch their backs as they went out to hunt down Samael and his new nest. This time there would probably be only one-possibly two older vampires and the rest would be babies-which would make things easier.

He kept his eyes on the woods as they disappeared away from the inn-feeling the glance from the traveler, but he knew they were in the shadows and wouldn't be seen clearly.

Sephira stayed close to Jo as they left the inn-she was apprehensive about Samael being back in town and wished he hadn't got away the first time as he'd had a chance to form new alliances and start a new nest. She was thankful that Vincent and Breanna didn't feel the need to have their own nests-possibly because they had been turned without their consent, but for whatever reason, she was still thankful.

She kept close to Jo as they ventured deeper into the woods, only catching a glimpse of the new guest to the inn, and then her mind turned to her surroundings.

#53 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:18 AM

"I assume you're going to leave another gift for the leader of the vampire hunters tomorrow night?"

Samael nodded

"You assume correctly Lachette......he thought for a moment....'tis a pity her house is warded, I would love to leave her gift indoors.....something suitably horrific for a mortal? he laughed...so many things are horrific for mortals, so fragile, so weak....he licked his lips.....so delicious..........he pulled Annise close.....my sweet, what would like to do.....She, Jo...he spat out the name.....she staked you....should we do the same, should our next little gift be staked....or is that not enough...tell me what you want and I will do it."

Kat walked silently between Graayth and Tialyn....she listened to the sounds of the night, listening for sounds of something out of the ordinary.

#54 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

Once they reached the woods Jo openly kept her hand on her sword and kept looking around warily. She knew that the supernaturals in her group would likely spot danger, she kept her own senses alert out of practise and long habit. They followed a route that loosely followed the road through the woods without actually being on the road itself. Some vampires-the less confident ones would often lie in wait along the roads for unsuspecting travellers foolish enough to travel at night or the occasional patrol of City Guard, or messengers carrying letters between cities. Jo ducked pushed a particularly low branch out of her way and held it aside for Sephira whom was sticking close to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jair noticed that Arjhay seemed slightly distracted suddenly as he lead the professor back inside the Inn, signed him in at the front desk then took him upstairs to the first floor, second room on the right. "This is your room during your stay here." He said, unlocking the door. "Is something wrong, you seemed a bit distracted back there." Jair handed the key to the professor and thought about it. He might have seen Jo and the others sneaking out to do their vampire patrol tonight.

#55 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:14 AM

Sephira smiled as she ducked under the branch and kept an eye out for any vampires or bandits that might be stalking the edges of the highway. She kept one hand on one of her knives at all times-ready to draw it should any danger threaten.

Vincent kept all his senses on high alert while they moved alongside the highway-knowing that there could be anything from bandits to vampires out there. It was the one time that his hand hovered near his sword, and he was also getting uneasy-as if he was expecting something to jump out at them.

He shook his head and stayed near the back of the group to watch their backs and make sure something didn't try to sneak up behind them.

#56 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:46 AM

Breanna stayed alert as they walked. She was in the middle of the group, and her hand was always on her dagger so she'd be able to react quickly. She also had her bows and arrows with her; any advantage would be useful.

Like the others, she was worried about the return of Samael. It could only mean certain disaster.

#57 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:49 AM

As they traveled through the woods, Tialyn glanced around...first at Kat next to her, then to Graayth and back to Breanna. She walked through another section of branches while Jo and Sephira made their way as well, and she could barely hear Vincent behind them. It seemed strange to have everyone together, but they were quiet as if none of them were here.

The Elviri's mind briefly went back to the stranger she'd seen with Jair outside of the inn as they all had left...she assumed he'd been the one in the stables when she and Kat had arrived. She was puzzling over his slight familiarity...she'd seen him before. Not knew him from somewhere but just seen him. It was like the memory was hazy and out of reach, and, unless it was her imagination, Tialyn could swear it had something to do with her schooling back home. She knew she'd seen his face...well a slightly younger version anyway...
somewhere before.

Then she shook her head. It would come to her...if not, she would surely meet him at the inn at some point...

Tialyn went back to watching all around her, her quarterstaff carried parallel to the ground and her free hand ready to grab one of her daggers. An owl hooted in a tree some distance away and a wolf howled in the distance. The moon shone down between the trees. She wondered what the Nightwalker was up to right now...at least they'd killed the redhaired one all those months ago.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 29 July 2008 - 09:50 AM.

#58 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

Graayth sniffed the air several times then spoke neutrally. "There are normals approaching, and two psions." He said simply. "They bathe irregularly and bear weapons. Their intent is not good." He warned his companions, aware that the other supernaturals were probably aware of the approaching intruders even as he was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joanna lifted her arm in a sharp gesture to stop when Graayth warned them of approaching normals. Then she sighed and drew her sword. "I chose to come this way because I'd heard rumours of attacks happening in this area. But it looks like we found bandits instead of vampires. If they attack we'll have to deal with them anyway." She listened carefully and eventually she heard the sounds of approaching people through the woods. Quite a lot of them if she weren't mistaken.

#59 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

Annise delighted in the fact that Lachette hated the living and enjoyed tormenting them for the sheer pleasure of it.

She listened as the discussion centered around the next 'gift' for the leader of the vampire hunters. She snarled every time she thought of the dark-haired woman who had killed her before...her rage bubbled up from inside her and made her physical body vibrate with hatred.

".....my sweet, what would like to do.....She, Jo......she staked you....should we do the same, should our next little gift be staked....or is that not enough...tell me what you want and I will do it."

Annise lay down on her back on the table between the two male vampires and closed her eyes. She inhaled deeply and growled, deep in thought. All sorts of delicious ideas came to mind as she played them out quickly, seeing which aroused her thoughts of revenge the most. Suddenly she sat up and smiled slowly at Samael and Lachette, her long red hair spilling over her shoulders.

Annise began to speak in a hushed, excited whisper.

#60 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

Sephira had already stopped before Jo gave the signal-her hears had already picked up the sound of the approaching group-and it was a sizeable one. She drew her knives as they waited to see what would happen.

Vincent heard the group, and sensed the psions within it, just before Joanna gave the signal to stop. He sighed, because he'd rather be hunting the vampires, but from the sound of their approach, they were going to be a force to be reckoned with.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users