• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:29 PM

Thursday
Arrived at Con. Got plastic holder for volunteer badge. Went to B20. Waited 1.25 hours. Stan Lee & Grant Morrison. Funny guys. Steven Moffat - customs issues :)  . Funny guy. Finally Torchwood. Great panel. Great singing. Did volunteer hours. Went home.

Friday
Did volunteer hours. Went to Ash's panel. Learned stuff. Said "hi" to Ash. Went home.

Edited by eechick, 25 July 2008 - 11:57 PM.

#2 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:40 AM

Will you be there Sunday?  I'm taking Friday and Saturday off, coming back Sunday.  I had a great time at Preview Night and Thursday, was exhausted both nights, so my plan for my first ComicCon was a good one, but next year (I preregistered) I'll try to do the whole thing.
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#3 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:07 AM

Saturday
Went to The Black Panel 08. Excellent panel. Very funny. Did volunteer hours. Went to Chuck panel. Great panel. Went home.
Made plans with Nonny for tomorrow.

Will write extended review after the Con.

#4 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:24 AM

And Nonny's heading out in half an hour.    :)  

Later!
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#5 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:07 PM

Sunday
Did my volunteer hours. Went to Harold & Kumar panel. NPH was not there. I left. Went to library to borrow DVD for class. Went back to Con. Went to the room for Browncoats gathering. Long line. Tiny room. Didn't bother trying to get in. Went to Starship Smackdown XI panel. Packed room. Ash was on the panel. Went to B20. Met Nonny. Highly improbable meeting. Watched "Once More With Feeling." Said bye to Nonny. Went home.

Edited by eechick, 27 July 2008 - 09:09 PM.

#6 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

Still waiting for the extended report.:D

I had no idea Ash was going to be so involved!

Lil
Posted Image

#7 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

Starship Smackdown was very cool. People are so attached to their favorite ships. That was the only panel where I took notes  :) .

#8 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

Full con report is up at The Beach.

Edited by eechick, 29 July 2008 - 01:44 AM.

#9 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

Highly improbable, maybe, but I have a long, long history of wild, amazing experiences.    :lol:   I'm glad we got to meet, and happy it turned out to be so unexpectedly easy.    :D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users