• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:39 AM

Me!    :waves:   I managed Preview Night and two days this time, with any luck can do the whole thing next year.    :flex:
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#2 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

Yay!  Campsite reservations for July opened at 8am PST and I managed to reserve the premiere handicapped state beach campsite in Southern California!  So I'll be scouting trolley adjacent parking locations.  This time I plan to attend every day.   :)
Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#3 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

One of my jobs is with the security company. So, I know I'll be there :). But, I need to see the program before I register.
ETA: So I checked & the complete schedule won't be posted until 10-14 days before the con. I'll decide when they post a partially program listing.

Edited by eechick, 02 February 2009 - 12:23 PM.

#4 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

Yup call me a glutton for punishment but Im going again.  Its a fun romp ;)
"

wise words to contemplate...

"...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away..." Unknown (If you know, email me. Possibly dominique,eugene nicole?)

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." -Carl Jung

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." --Mark Twain--

#5 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

I just checked the site. 4 day passes are sold out. Individual day passes are still available.

#6 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

I got my Comic-Con magazine in the mail.   :)   Didn't get one last year.   :(   I have crappy mail service.   :(   But I got it this year.   :)  :)
Posted Image

#7 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:32 AM

4-day, Friday and Saturday tickets are sold out.

#8 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:16 AM

I think it's about time I plan my parking/trolley strategy.    :)
Posted Image

#9 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

I'm all set with my 4-day pass and, finally, found a bed with folks who got a con rate.  Miracle of miracles!  My usual group filled a room without telling me, which sucked, but luckily some other fans found space for me.
---Tamara
"Night; and once again  while I wait for you, cold wind turns into rain." ---Shiki Masaoka (1867-1902)

#10 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

View PostTamara, on May 28 2009, 01:11 PM, said:

I'm all set with my 4-day pass and, finally, found a bed with folks who got a con rate.  Miracle of miracles!  My usual group filled a room without telling me, which sucked, but luckily some other fans found space for me.
---Tamara
Excellent!  It's always good when suck turns to luck.    :)
Posted Image

#11 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

I'll know my work schedule for the con next Monday. I hope to see many of you there.

#12 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,219 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

Roll Call.

If you're coming to the Con, could you please add your name so we may, hopefully, arrange some kind of meeting.

#13 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:52 AM

Nonny/eechick,
Got your message and would love to meet- programming permitting- at the con!  I arrive around 1:30 on Wednesday and take off Sunday night at 10.  I'm at the Doubletree downtown, in case you happen to be at the same hotel.

I've got lots of gaps in my tentative schedule- so many of my panels came up against each other and I had to choose. (-) However, that does leave me free time.  (+)  Sunday is REALLY open right now.  

Any thoughts on what times and dates look good for meeting?  Any idea if writergroupie is coming this year?  She and I have been chatting on-line for years and have yet to meet.
---Tamara
"Night; and once again  while I wait for you, cold wind turns into rain." ---Shiki Masaoka (1867-1902)

#14 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:16 PM

View PostTamara, on Jul 19 2009, 07:52 AM, said:

Nonny/eechick,
Got your message and would love to meet- programming permitting- at the con!  I arrive around 1:30 on Wednesday and take off Sunday night at 10.  I'm at the Doubletree downtown, in case you happen to be at the same hotel.

I've got lots of gaps in my tentative schedule- so many of my panels came up against each other and I had to choose. (-) However, that does leave me free time.  (+)  Sunday is REALLY open right now.  

Any thoughts on what times and dates look good for meeting?  Any idea if writergroupie is coming this year?  She and I have been chatting on-line for years and have yet to meet.
---Tamara
Yes, writergroupie is planning to be there Thursday and Sunday, I think.  I've met her, she's terrific, and I'm hoping to see her again.  I saw your post at GMD and booked it back over here to see if you posted here too.  I plan to attend the Lucy Lawless panel, so unless we think of something sooner, we could meet there.  Will you be at Preview Night?  That would probably be best.  eechick is local and I'm close, and we got together last week.  

I'm somewhat past middle-aged, female, just freshened my red hair, and fairly easy to spot, since I walk with a big blue rollator walking assistive device.  I finally broke down and got a cellphone last year, and finally learned how to use it last spring, so email me and I'll email my number back.  

Today I should be packing, but so far I'm still planning.   :lol:
Posted Image

#15 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:39 AM

Email is on its way, but those times look good to me.

#16 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

Emailed back.    :)
Posted Image

#17 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:41 AM

I'm outa here in fifteen minutes.  See you there!   :waves:
Posted Image

#18 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

Yup I made and have been here and already cant keep up and its only Friday LOL
"

"...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view." - Obi Wan Kenobi

but by the moments that take our breath away..." Unknown (If you know, email me. Possibly dominique,eugene nicole?)

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." -Carl Jung

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." --Mark Twain--

#19 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

another comcion under my belt,  alot of new ideas and directions for the media

View Postscruffylookin, on Jul 24 2009, 12:28 PM, said:

Yup I made and have been here and already cant keep up and its only Friday LOL

"

#20 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

Happily, Nonny and I met up quite a few times during the weekend, although I missed writergroupie and eechick.  It was a wonderful time, but I am so exhausted.  Work dragged on today.  Aiming for an early night.
---Tamara

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users