• This topic is locked This topic is locked
271 replies to this topic

#261 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:08 PM

Sally smiled at Kaytee as she stood near the bed. "You'll learn to recognise all of use by scent. It's something you'll get used to hopefully." She said, then glanced over at Tommy and nodded to acknowledge his presence. "But take as long as you need in adjusting. Athea can handle most maintainance herself, I know a little about engineering and I can always come and ask you if something breaks down. For safety's sake we won't be doing anything dangerous until you're adjusted." She assured her.

OOC: All right, this arc is wrapping up soon. Be on the lookout tfor the next arc once I have it planned. ;)

#262 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

Kaytee glanced at Sally and smiled a little. Yeah, Tommy does have a different scent from you, even Daze smells different. I think it's going to take awhile to...." She sniffed the air again and looked towards the door and had to blink. "Okay, I know my eyes are still fuzzy, but please tell me Erica didn't just walk in with the universe's biggest sundae?"

#263 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:54 PM

"Yep! It's me and I did!" Erica announced from just inside the medbay.

She approached Kaytee with a huge smile...as well as a trailing bot with enough ice cream and chocolate sauce for all of them.

"And there's plenty of spoons, too," she said cheerfully.

"C'mon, Kaytee," Erica said a little more quietly. "I know it seems bad...and well, it probably is bad considering you didn't want this. I mean I know I wouldn't want to be forced to change what or who I was. But for now we have to focus on you getting better...and of course, ice cream will help with that," Erica said with a wink and a wiggle of her eyebrows. "Then I'll help teach you how to "be" a Nietzschean. You might like it...it's a powerful thing for a woman to be...and I can tell you all about the ways to not be a traditional female."

Erica knew all about not being a regular Nietzchean, and thought that Kaytee could eventually bring her two sides together and be her own kind of Nietzschean.

"So, here, take a spoon and you have the first bite. Surely with this mound of ice cream you won't miss," Erica said with a mischevious smile.

#264 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:12 AM

Sally blinked twice at the size of the ice cream sundae that Erica and a bot had brought in. "And here I was thinking if I could choose to be fully either species, which would I choose. I think I'll keep my half nietzschean genes because I'll need them to eat a portion of that and not put on weight!" She exclaimed in a mixture of surprise and amusement. She knew by now that Arion was on the command deck to provide an organic slipstream pilot should Dawn need one. She doubted anything would happen though, she'd picked an isolated place well away from frequented slipstream routes and shipping lanes.

"But more seriously though Kaytee, Erica is right. I can teach you how to have a balanced mixture of human and nietzschean views as I do, or just be like.... Erica. Since I suspect she's unique." Sally looked over at Daze. "When Kaytee is settled, we need you to pay a trip to V-Deck and declaw the doctor down there. It isn't prudent to leave him around with natural weapons." She added, managing to appear as if prudence was the only reason for declawing him. Inwardly Sally admitted it was as much to punish him as to make him safer to transport. Daze, in turn managed a totally innocent look as he nodded. "Oh of course. I can do that." Somehow, she felt that Daze had seen right through her anyway.

#265 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

Kaytee couldn't help a smile when Erica talked on an on about how not to be a traditional Nietzschean. No one in the universe would ever be able to accuse her of that, that was for sure-Erica was about as far from traditional as one could get, always choosing the shiniest things she could find to wear that one nearly had to wear protective eyewear around her. She reached slowly for the proffered spoon until she could feel it with her hand before taking it. She sat up slowly, turning so that she was facing the enormous bowl of sundae.

"It's very true that all of the Nietzscheans on board this ship are anything except traditional." She said. "And I intend the same for myself. If I'm going to be trapped in this monstrosity it's going to be on my terms-no offense. But I think I'll leave all the shiny stuff to you, Erica, I'm just not the shiny type." She scooped some of the ice cream and sauce, getting some of the brownie pieces as well and put it in her mouth, her eyes closing appreciatively. "Now that's good." She said. "Haven't had a good brownie fudge sundae in a long time."

She was smiling inwardly when Sally ordered Daze down to V-Deck to declaw that so-called doctor, to him, that would be almost as bad as castrating him-which wouldn't bother Kaytee one little bit either. She carefully scooped another bite of the sundae, feeling much better already.

#266 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:50 AM

While Sally helped herself to some of the giant sundae that Erica and the bot had brought, Daze quietly stepped back and quickly prepared a small surgical kit so that he could go down to V-Deck and remove Dr Calid's bonespurs. And enlighten him to some truths about the way things had turned out. When the kit was prepared Daze glanced at the small group of people clustered around Kaytee's bed then almost silently slipped out of medical. They'd barely notice his absence for a while. With his tail bouncing behind him Daze headed down the corridors to V-Deck.

Edited by EvilMikoto, 14 September 2009 - 11:51 AM.

#267 GCross2432

GCross2432

Half-Nietzschean, Half-Fangirl

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:46 PM

Giana remained silent as Sally and Erica discussed the punishment for their prisoner. She didn't care about the pain to the doctor, but her bonespikes ached at the thought of such a procedure being performed on her and she subtly rubbed at the bases on one arm. There had been times that she'd considered having hers removed, to avoid the prejudice that came with being a Nietzschean when she barely associated herself as being one. It wasn't even for some nostalgic reason or a ridiculous belief that it would bring her closer to her father. She kept them because they were useful and represented a part of her she needed to remember. Once she had become a woman, she couldn't imagine changing something so drastically about herself.

Poor Kaytee, she thought, right as Erica brought up going to see the invalid. She left before Giana could get a word in, but without anywhere else to go or anything else to do on the ship that had become her temporary accomodations, Giana followed the two women and Tommy down to the infirmary. She listened to the ongoing conversation half-absently, her mind spinning off opinions and concepts she had no desire to say aloud, until Erica arrived. The woman in Giana screamed for joy, but she managed to contain her excitement and mirth to a bare minimum of a smile. It turned easy as Kaytee took genuine pleasure in the burst of flavor. For the moment, any comments about enhanced Nietzschean senses probably playing into the taste were kept solely in Giana's head. Arms crossed, her feet took sure, soft steps towards Kaytee's bed to join the conversation instead of playing the outside observer.

"I don't suppose you have room for one more in that sundae?" Giana asked Kaytee, grinning broadly to show good humor, regardless of how short a time she'd known the girl-- and the temporary blindness.

#268 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

Kaytee looked at the newcomer when she came up. Her vision was still blurry, but she knew the woman was the same stranger who had helped out when she had been rescued. "I know you." She said, swallowing the bite of sundae. "You were there with the others when I was rescued. I don't think I caught your name."

"I don't suppose you have room for one more in that sundae?"

"Of course. Grab a spoon." She said, digging in for another bite herself. "Niet or no, there's no way I can eat all this by myself."

#269 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

Tommy watched the girls digging in to the giant sundae with amusement.  What was it about women and chocolate?  It wasn't that he didn't like sweet things but he certainly didn't get as much enjoyment from them as Kaytee and the others.

"I think I'm going to keep out of the way," he said with a laugh.  "I value my hide too much to get between you ladies and that icecream."

#270 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

Glad that Giana had joined in the ice cream festivities, Erica grinned at her. Then scooped another large bite of ice cream into her mouth. She licked up a drip that threatened to escape the corner of her mouth.

"Niet or no, there's no way I can eat all this by myself."

"Don't worry, Kaytee," Erica said with a mischievous gleam in her eye. "Once your new metabolism kicks in, your appetite will increase. Trust me," Erica laughed.

"I think I'm going to keep out of the way. I value my hide too much to get between you ladies and that icecream."

"Smart idea, Tommy," the Nietzschean called over her shoulder. "You'll live long around here with that attitude."

#271 GCross2432

GCross2432

Half-Nietzschean, Half-Fangirl

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:19 PM

"Thanks, I'm sure the lot of us can take this out sooner than later," she replied, taking up a utensil of her own and digging into a spot on the mound nearest to her.

When Erica mentioned Kaytee's new metabolism kicking in, Giana winked and nodded at the sparkly Nietzschean, but said nothing, preferring to fill her mouth with sweet, cold sugary food rather than words. She was right. Any Nietzschean-- full or only part-- seemed to have that aspect, at least. A blessing, in a way, so long as you had the money to afford it.

Now that the crew was, apart from Tommy, Athea and Daze (whatever he was), entirely Nietzschean in some form or another, Giana thought that maybe, for the rest of her stay on the ship, she might just leave off wearing the contacts. It wasn't as if she were fooling any of the women anyway, apart from the exact color of her real eyes. Besides, what good would it do her anyway? These weren't the type to turn on you: do-gooders.

The destruction of the outpost that had harbored Kaytee for the terrible experiement performed on her came to mind, and Giana had to tip her mental hat at that. Do-gooders only to a point then. Everyone had their breaking point. Even so... this ship was safe enough for now. So she smiled and took another bite of ice cream, making a small, content hum at the taste. It was sometimes the simplest things that made the universe seem so worth living in.

#272 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:20 PM

Kaytee smiled at Erica when she mentioned her new metabolism. "Yeah, I know all about increased appetites." She countered humorously. "I've watched you kill lots of pies since we've met, haven't I?" Of course, her appetite for food wasn't the appetite she was most worried about, and she thought briefly about asking Daze if he might could possibly help her with that, how, she wasn't sure yet, but that particular appetite was one appetite she'd rather have decrease, not increase. She grabbed another bite of the delicious brownie-ice cream-chocolate syrup-whipped cream concoction and sat back, still thinking. She'd never actually openly discussed that particular area of her life before, and she really wasn't so sure she could. Maybe she'd wait and see what happened first.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users