3 replies to this topic

#1 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 10:56 AM

Link

Apparently two women, believed to be Chechen Separatists, blew themselves up at or near a rock festival in Moscow. :(

Edited by Jid, 06 July 2003 - 10:57 AM.

cervisiam tene rem specta

#2 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 12:59 PM

Thia is a terrible thing to have happened. My heart goes out to all those who lost their lives.

I have never been able to understand suicide bombers.

#3 Anakam

Anakam

Way Star

• Islander
  • 13,862 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 03:43 PM

Sigh. :( :(
Sailing free, boundless glimmer, golden whispers, fiery poise, delicate balance, grave and true, bound by earth, feared horizons, courageous steps unknown, shimmering future hidden yet unveiled....

I think you're the first female cast member to *insist* on playing a guy ;) - Iolanthe, on my cross-casting obsession.

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, this other Eden, demi-paradise, this fortress built by Nature for herself... - John of Gaunt, Act II, Scene I, Richard II

"I think perhaps that was a sub-optimal phrasing for the maintenance of harmony within the collective." - Omega, here

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?" - Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#4 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:37 PM

:unsure:  :pout:
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Terrorism, Suicide Bombers, Russia

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users