• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 08:55 AM

Gregory Lintner survived the 2005 Glendale train crash that killed 11 people, and the painful memories were still with him when his train crashed Friday in Chatsworth. He was among the 25 who died.

Three years ago, Gregory Lintner walked away with only scrapes and bruises from a Metrolink train crash in Glendale that killed 11 people. One woman, bloodied and badly injured, called the Army veteran a "hero" for staying by her side as they waited for emergency crews to arrive.

He was OK, Lintner told everyone afterward. He continued riding the train.

Then on Friday, the unthinkable happened.

Lintner, 48, was once again caught in a deadly Metrolink accident. This time, he was among the 25 people killed when their commuter train collided head-on with a Union Pacific freight train.

"Last time, my husband came back," his wife, Michelle, said in an interview Monday in her native Korean, her eyes red from sobbing. "It doesn't make sense that I can't touch him anymore."

At least three people who survived the Glendale crash in 2005 were on Metrolink 111 when it crashed Friday afternoon....
:(
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#2 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:51 AM

That is sad. What are the odds against it?
Can't Touch This!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Disasters, Train Crash, California, 2008

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users