2 replies to this topic

#1 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:04 AM

http://www.azcentral...6rudolph06.html

MARION, N.C. - A nurse who worked at a hospital near where Eric Robert Rudolph camped before his arrest last month says she expects to be indicted on charges of helping the serial bombing suspect elude capture.

Brenda Kay Phillips, 44, is in jail awaiting trial on unrelated charges of firing a shotgun into an Asheville abortion clinic. After her arrest in February, she told FBI agents she had helped Rudolph elude capture

Of course, this nurse sounds a bit nuts anyway. Still, one wonders how much help Rudloph got.....
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#2 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 05:53 AM

I hadn't seen this before.

BUT - this woman is essentially already held on similar charges as Rudolph - her helping him is to be expected.  It is very different from just some miscellaneous "hick" nurse helping Rudolph because he's a good ole country boy (which was the concern expressed about the article preceding this one...)

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#3 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 06:30 AM

If the newspapers are to be believed, Rudolph got plenty of help when he was on the run - although I can't for the life of me understand how a stone killer gets to be a folk hero to ANYBODY, pro-life folks included.

I hope that they throw the book at this woman.  :glare:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eric Rudolph, Brenda Kay Phillips, Abortion, Pro-Life

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users