• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Rocorolo

Rocorolo
  • Islander
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

Nice one Nikki!  

There's one more on board for the prologue: Mikoto's draft [edit: finalized!] character profile arrived!  I'm half nervous, half hyped.  I hope you guys all enjoy this!

Here's a couple of NPC character profiles that will be appearing:

Sen. Saul Carnicero
Human Male
5'7"
Lean, powerful frame
late 50s
Tanned, leathery skin under a silver beard and long hair tied back into a ponytail.  Dark blue eyes under a stern brow.

Saul was a Priest for the Divine Aegis for 30 years, before retiring into politics.  He is a member of the progressive faction in the Tou Mun Senate, where his experiences as a DA Priest add weight to his calls for closer ties with the Faerie-ruled lands outside the Tranquility.  Having served in the Senate for nearly a decade now, Saul has been preparing to bow out of politics, spending more of his time preparing his aide and protogé, Maiya Alexandria, to step up in the political stage.  He now feels she's ready to be introduced to the Han Ambassador, Gwenyth Amadi, whose regard can make or break a senator's reputation with Tou Mun's Han population.
And so, on the eve of the 400th anniversary, Saul is sat with Maiya in the bows of a small sloop off the coast of Tou Mun, heading towards Saletor Palace.

Siegfried Haraldsson of the Eisburg Guard
Human Male
6'0"
Strong and agile
early 20s
Blue eyes and a mop of blonde hair on a slender face and a pious countenance
Siegfried is fresh meat for the Eisburg Guard.  He's been drilled to fight like a barbarian and think like a monk, and he's firmly attached to the idea that this is the best way to be.  He's also attached to his claymore, harbinger.  However, despite the fact that he seems to have yet to discover the virtues of thinking for one's self, Siegfried's naievety is not to be confused with stupidity.  He's sharp, but his commanders are loth to make use of it until it's tempered with a bit more experience.
He's on his first contract for the Guard, assigned by the Divine Aegis to assist the Civil Guard in maintaining law and order during the celebrations.  Unfotunately the official stance is a softly, softly approach that doesn't sit well with his temperment.
As the eve of the 400th anniversary draws near, Siegfried is in the Blooded Pommel, a mercenary tavern, sulking into his ale.

Edited by Rocorolo, 30 September 2008 - 09:03 PM.

#22 Mikoto

Mikoto

Join the RP forum! We need you!

• Validation Team
  • 9,170 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

I've made some modifications and additions to my profile to flesh it out a bit and located a suitable picture for my character.
Come visit the role playing forum! I run an Andromeda game and a custom game set on a fictional world in the steam-age era.

#23 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:59 PM

i also added a picture for my character :)
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#24 Rocorolo

Rocorolo
  • Islander
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hi guys,

I've just had a callout from work, and I'll be away for a few hours.  Just when I was aobut to post :(

Sorry about the delay!

#25 Rocorolo

Rocorolo
  • Islander
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:53 PM

I created a resource site at www.saletor.net.  You should be able to register/login and post your character profiles there, if you like.  I'd be interested in any feedback you guys might have, I'll improve the site as we go along and make it so that other GMs can add their games/universes to the system.  Hopefully it will be an easy way to read up on lore and check back on old events.

And I fnally posted the opening narrative, so feel free to post away!  I realise it's now the 2nd September for many of us... sorry :)

Don't worry if the Narrative Imperative thingies at the bottom of my GM posts seem a bit confusing.  PM me and I'll explain how they work in detail.

Also, I've not worked with any of you guys as a GM so do let me know if I'm PMing you too much/too little!

#26 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Mmm, Winsister

• Islander
  • 16,022 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:20 AM

I'll check out the site today from work..it sounds great.

And you're doing a fine job as a GM, Roco :).

Now this is something like what Gwenyth is wearing (although she's not Asian).

Posted Image

#27 Milley02

Milley02
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:17 AM

Ok, I can't PM anyone but staff untill I've posted 50 times, so here's a mock-up of my character bio;

Name: Nina Keltic
Species: Human

Looks: http://i88.photobuck...ley02/06mu0.jpg

Personality: Nina is a lively girl. She's kind to anyone(and anything)she meets, but fairs well in battle.

Weapons/Skills: She carries a special sword embeded with Null Magic which she is poficient with,
but when sent on missions outside the Tranquiltity she plans on taking her bow and arrows(also inscribed with Null Magic), that she mastered in training.
She also wears a standard Priestess outfit under her chainmail and armour. AS her father is a Senator, she has had her hand in politics,

History: Nina's Mother was Priestess of the DA and she and her Father, a Senator, had insisted that she too become a part of the DA.
At a young age, Nina was accepted into the Academy and has trained there since then.
Nina has never left the Tranquility of Mindanar, and never seen any other magic but Null Magic.
She has only read stories of the Pixies and their Magic.
Nina has also studied the Tranquility itself since she was young and believes she is close to finding it's construction formula,
though she hasn't told anyone yet, and she plans to keep that little tibbit of info to herself for a while.

PreStory: Nina was studying in her own lodgings. She was pouring over some notes on the Tranquility that she taken from her Father's office.
She took out a protractor and made sure the pencil was tight in place, then she held it to a map of the Tranquility.
"Elivate 25 degrees", she muttered,"draw sixty degree circle", she moved the pencil clockwise,"keep inside the tranquility dome",
"do not infringe on Divine Aegis Headquarters, change direction by 36 degrees. Draw straight line for 3 markings", she murmed drawing the line.
"Nina!", called a voice. Nina looked up from her work,"crap", she muttered, opening her drawer and sweeping the desk contents messily inside.
Then she blew out her candle and dove into her bed. Her door opened and in strode her mother.
"Nina!", she said and strode over to the bed, whipping off the covers when she was within reaching distance.
"Why are you still in bed?!", she yelled,"your shift starts in three minutes!".
"I may be your mother, but I'm also your Commanding Officer, now get out of bed!", she ordered, and Nina promptly jumped from her bed, landing nimbly on her feet.
"I expect that in three minutes, you will be fully dressed in your uniform and at your post", Captain Keltic said,"understood?"."Yes, ma'am", Nina replied,
then, without another word, the Captain left the room frowning. Nina sighed deeply and then againest her desk,"that was WAY too close", she muttered.
"NINA!", roared Captain Keltic, and Nina's eyes widened. She haphazardly put on her chainmail and armour, as she already wore her uniform.
Then she darted out her door, sword in hand, calling,"on my way, Captain!", as she ran down the corridors, almost crashing into several attendants,
but managing to narrowly avoid any pile-ups. Nina arrived at a sealed metal door, thumped on it hard,"change of the guard", she said when the slit opened.
"About time", said the woman,"you're late you know", the door swung open."Yes, yes, I know. The Captain's already took a piece outta me", Nina replied,
"Now move aside, Carrie. It's my turn on watch, already". Carrie rolled her eyes,"sure, whatever. Captain's Pet", she chided.
"I am NOT the Captain's Pet!", Nina yelled, but Carrie was already gone, the door that led into DA HQ bolted shut behind her.
"Stupid CO. Stupid guard duty", she muttered, Nina watched as the fireworks sounded off into the sky and sighed disapointedly,
"stupid celebrations that I can't even go to", Nina finished.

Estate: (?)

Political View: Nina's one of those people that only believe what they see with their own eyes. She's seen how well life inside the Tranquility fairs,
and now she wants to travel beyond it's borders, and see what only few others dare to even think about. Pixie Magic!

What do ya think?
"Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved"  -  William Jennings Bryan

Naruto RPG looking for players. Follow link -
http://www.exisle.ne...showtopic=53580

#28 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Mmm, Winsister

• Islander
  • 16,022 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:49 AM

Roco, maybe you could describe a bit for us what you told me about the Silver Cities resembling Tudor England, while the Han Empire/palace on the island is more like feudal Japan or Imperial China.

#29 Rocorolo

Rocorolo
  • Islander
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:58 AM

View PostNikki Peppermint, on Oct 2 2008, 04:49 PM, said:

Roco, maybe you could describe a bit for us what you told me about the Silver Cities resembling Tudor England, while the Han Empire/palace on the island is more like feudal Japan or Imperial China.
woops... I thought I mentioned it in here already! sorry all, I need to track my info distribution better.

So yeah - as Nikki said, a culture clash between tudor england and feudal japan/china.  I'll post some imagery ia bit.

Milley - awesome detail!  drop me a line at rocorolo@googlemail.com [that's for both email & msn].  We need to tune a few details with the magic but I'm loving that someone took on a priestess character!

I'm currently on downtime at work, will be able to chat/email in a few hours.

#30 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Mmm, Winsister

• Islander
  • 16,022 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

View PostRocorolo, on Oct 2 2008, 10:58 AM, said:

woops... I thought I mentioned it in here already! sorry all, I need to track my info distribution better.

So yeah - as Nikki said, a culture clash between tudor england and feudal japan/china.  I'll post some imagery ia bit.
And possibly I just missed it if you did...that wouldn't be unheard of :angel:

#31 Rocorolo

Rocorolo
  • Islander
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

Here's some visuals:
The Silver Cities: The Tudors, Visuals of street clothing
The Han Empire: Musa (jump to 1:40), Curse of the Golden Flower

#32 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

Hope to get a profile done soon.  Will definitely be male.

#33 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Mmm, Winsister

• Islander
  • 16,022 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

Cool ^^^ :).

And has our GM gone missing? :angel:

#34 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Mmm, Winsister

• Islander
  • 16,022 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:33 AM

:devil: :angel:

Thanks, Roco :D!!

#35 Rocorolo

Rocorolo
  • Islander
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

Thank you for the cameo, Nikki!

I've just posted the close to the prologue.  I guess chapter one should follow in the same thread, seeing as the prologue is so brief?

So, the Ambassador to the Han Empire has been murdered.  Saul Carnicero and his aide, Maiya Alexandria have been framed although Saul has taken steps to pull the blame onto himself to clear Maiya's name.  Sergeant Abigail Linnen has had a mysterious death of a prisoner to investigate, the importance of which she's yet to find out.  Oh yeah, and there's a tsunami headed toward Tou Mun.

For those looking to join in, there's some good slots open for the following:
An Eisburg Guard or a Divine Aegis priest, charged with investigating on behalf of the Divine Aegis.  They'd be separate from Abigail's investigation, which would be commissioned by the senate, but whether they work together or bang heads is up to the characters.
A Han representative - either high ranking military or governmental; involving a bit of espionage.  More likely to be an antagonist to the other players, but plenty of chance for interaction.
A merchant or fisherman or militia captain in command of a seagoing vessel of some kind.

I've suggested to Milley that her Nina Keltic character could be better rounded as an apprentice priest, it'd suit the free spirit-style, inquisitive style character.  So there's room for another priest, perhaps in a mentor role.  Given Nina's rebellious nature there'd probably be lots of opportunity for the two characters to go their seperate ways as-and-when, so it wouldn't be restrictive :)

#36 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

Sorry still trying to get my head round a character.  I will join in but things are very hectic just now with work and family.

#37 Rocorolo

Rocorolo
  • Islander
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:52 AM

No worries, Brit :)

I'll have a chance to set up the next scene in around 12 hours.

#38 Rocorolo

Rocorolo
  • Islander
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

Hi guys,

sorry about this, but I've had to go visit my family overseas.  It's an emergency thing and I don't know if I'll be able to post to ExIsle for the next two weeks.  I'll put off starting Chapter 1 until I get back.

#39 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Mmm, Winsister

• Islander
  • 16,022 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:31 PM

Sorry to hear about the family emergency, Roco...I hope everything turns out alright.

And no worries on the game...we put games on hold all the time. :) So take your time.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users