#1 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,503 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:49 PM

Original thread

View PostDrew, on Sep 30 2008, 10:43 AM, said:

http://www.forbes.co...923bailout.html

In fact, some of the most basic details, including the $700 billion figure Treasury would use to buy up bad debt, are fuzzy.

"It's not based on any particular data point," a Treasury spokeswoman told Forbes.com Tuesday. "We just wanted to choose a really large number."

:Oo:

View PostGambler, on Sep 30 2008, 11:01 AM, said:

That statement alone scares me to death.

View PostSparkyCola, on Sep 30 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

It's one of those things where I can't tell whether you're meant to laugh or cry...

Sparky

"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users