Health Care 2008

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:23 PM

In case anyone else is interested in the health care problem(s) in the U.S., here's a good article that spells out the areas in which waste occurs--an estimated-by-experts 700 billion dollars (sound familiar?) in waste:

http://www.csmonitor...09s01-coop.html

What's maddening is that these are problems with solutions.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#2 Kosh

Kosh

Criag Ferguson For President!

• Islander
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

View PostSpectacles, on Oct 7 2008, 01:23 PM, said:

In case anyone else is interested in the health care problem(s) in the U.S., here's a good article that spells out the areas in which waste occurs--an estimated-by-experts 700 billion dollars (sound familiar?) in waste:

http://www.csmonitor...09s01-coop.html

What's maddening is that these are problems with solutions.

What about malpractice costs? Doctors must police doctors, before mistakes rack up, not lawyers after the fact.

that's one thing about Doctors in this area that makes me wont to go elsewhere for Medical care. They wont tell you if another Doctor is a bad doc. "They are all good" is the typical answer. I think most of the doctors in this area are not very good doctors, or they would be practicing somewhere else. I found a good GP, and sent me to another guy I liked, but i've gone through so many bad ones between my Dad, his sister, and Mom at the last.

You know what they call the person who finishes last in Med School? Doctor.
Can't Touch This!!

#3 T_H_Phoenix

T_H_Phoenix
  • Islander
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:10 AM

View PostKosh, on Oct 7 2008, 08:41 PM, said:

You know what they call the person who finishes last in Med School? Doctor.

There is a website where you can view other peoples opinions of their Docs.  Ratemds.com

Keep in mind they are only opinions, and like most forums, you'll get extremes from both sides of the comments.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health Care, 2008

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users