40 replies to this topic

#41 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,226 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:41 AM

QueenTiye, on Jul 11 2003, 05:14 PM, said:

Repeating my earlier post - what he said was that when you have extremes on either side - you are most likely looking at a male.
I actually agree that looking at the extremes on either end you are most likely looking at a male. It is not natural, IMO, however. We live in post-patriarchical society in which many effects still linger.

IMO
- women are and or were overlooked often as possible criminal suspects, or we relegate blame if she was a mans partner in crime

- women are and or were overlooked as contributors of intellectual thought.

- because of roles, and the ĘproperĘplace of a women taught to them, they often either did not think of persuing these, or did not have the option or opportunity to do so in society.

Along with other points already mentioned.

Now a days you see more women working in intellectual fields (heck, any field) as well as more criminal activities and violence. Maybe thats why I quoted what I said in the other thread?? Violence done by women and or girl gangs is on the rise. As are women who are doctors, scientist, politicians, lawyers, managers, etc. Heck, I am sure there are women that do not go as far as they could because of family.

Edited by sierraleone, 13 July 2003 - 04:43 AM.

Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sociology, Women, Men, Guy Rant

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users