#1 Orpheus

Orpheus

I'm not the boss of you!

• Administrator
  • 17,757 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:44 PM

View PostD.Rabbit, on Nov 23 2008, 07:54 PM, said:

Orpheus, on the joys of locksmithing and making picks said:

A [lock]pick is just the start of the journey, after all.
Finding yourself dead in a box in some PO employees garage, is the end?
This is a reference to this farcical post in another forum:

View PostOrpheus, on Nov 19 2008, 06:11 PM, said:

In related news:

An apparent Alcatraz inmate, identified by his prison uniform, was found in the garage of a recently deceased US Postal Service employee along with 40,000 pieces of mail and packages -- 45 years after the Federal Penitentiary was closed.

He apparently mailed himself out of the facility before completing intake processing, and was therefore never missed.

Though identification is not yet final, authorities have a candidate in mind. The real irony is that he only had three years left [on a ten-year sentence... for mail fraud] when he "escaped".

Next time, take UPS!

FTR, I strongly advise checking your local laws, and might even suggest getting a locksmith certificate (it's cheap/easy), if you are going to use or transport lockpicks off your property. Though most US jurisidictions don't have a license requirement, and determine if it is a "burglary tool" based on whether a burglary seems likely to occur or have occurred, I've found that police eye you with much less suspicion if you were ever certified, even if you let it lapse decades ago. There are inexpensive certifying courses online, and who knows, you may learn something new. It's a great hobby.

Good judgment in your choice of "target" is important, too. If you're not authorized, you're hosed, regardless of certs.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users