• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 Cardie

Cardie

I'm a very *good* tailor

• Administrator
  • 21,866 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

And this is greenlit and not going to languish in development hell?  Many congrats, guys!!

Cardie
Nothing succeeds like excess.

#22 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

Here's a video of me and Ash, hard at work on the new script: http://users.wolfcre...m/toys/vikings/
Nice.  :lol:

Edited by eechick, 23 December 2008 - 12:49 AM.

#23 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:22 AM

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#24 Robert Hewitt Wolfe

Robert Hewitt Wolfe
  • Demigod
  • 2,247 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:31 AM

Hurray for the official unofficial oblique hinty announcement of the thing we must not discuss!

That
Has to be the best
Over the top gig any of my buddies have ever landed.  It totally
ROCKS!

I'm not sure what happened with those carriage returns.

"There are monsters, there are angels...
There's a peacefulness and a rage inside us all."
----------------------------------
Voice of the Beehive

#25 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 7,400 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:20 AM

This is the best (kinda) news I've heard from that production.

NOW I'm excited.

Congratulations, guys.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#26 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:15 AM

Congrats, guys.

Wait, how will this affect TSCC?
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#27 scruffylookin

scruffylookin

Observer

• Islander
  • 425 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

View PostMuseZack, on Dec 22 2008, 11:21 PM, said:

Here's a video of me and Ash, hard at work on the new script:  http://users.wolfcre...m/toys/vikings/

So is this a Disney film about viking kittens.... I'm so confused ;)
"

wise words to contemplate...

"...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view." - Obi Wan Kenobi

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away..." Unknown (If you know, email me. Possibly dominique,eugene nicole?)

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed." -Carl Jung

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." --Mark Twain--

#28 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 31,862 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:45 AM

View PostCybersnark, on Dec 23 2008, 10:15 AM, said:

Congrats, guys.

Wait, how will this affect TSCC?

I assume the script would be written during the show's hiatus (optimistically assuming it gets a third season).
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel
Written Worlds -- My blog
Facebook Author Page

#29 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:16 AM

^^^I could be wrong, but I think they're full-steam-ahead as we type.

View PostGilgamash, on Dec 23 2008, 12:18 AM, said:

View PostBklnScott, on Dec 22 2008, 07:12 AM, said:

The Milar/Hitch Ultimates comics (particularly Ultimates 2) are the best interpretation of the character and his world I've seen.  Very feature friendly.

I will say that I am a big fan of Ultimate Thor in many ways... although I happen to own a complete set of Simonson's run on THOR. Shouldn't interpret any of that as meaning anything specific (not by any stretch) but it should tell you that my love of Thor is broad and deep.

I particularly like the left wing political POV they gave the character...  That would make for an interesting relationship with Tony Stark in the context of an Avengers film.  His celebrity, the cult of personality that grew up around him and his legend -- and whether one thought it was b*llsh*t or not -- would also be interesting to play with.

Lots of potential here, guys.  The bar is set high.  No pressure, though.  :)

Edited by BklnScott, 23 December 2008 - 11:17 AM.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#30 KRAD

KRAD

just smile and wave, boys -- smile and wave

• Demigod
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

View PostMuseZack, on Dec 23 2008, 12:21 AM, said:

Here's a video of me and Ash, hard at work on the new script:  http://users.wolfcre...m/toys/vikings/

Yeah, that looks about right.............. *nods*

(I will always be grateful to that video, as I hadn't the first frelling clue what the lyrics to "The Immigrant Song" were prior to seeing it....)
Keith R.A. DeCandido
keith@decandido.net
www.DeCandido.net
kradical.livejournal.com

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk."
---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

#31 Gilgamash

Gilgamash

FoW

• Demigod
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:24 PM

View PostKRAD, on Dec 23 2008, 02:35 PM, said:

View PostMuseZack, on Dec 23 2008, 12:21 AM, said:

Yeah, that looks about right.............. *nods*

(I will always be grateful to that video, as I hadn't the first frelling clue what the lyrics to "The Immigrant Song" were prior to seeing it....)

I am totally the tabby rocking the axes. Just sayin'...

And yeah, that's a shockingly accurate interpretation of how we do our thing. As Josh Friedman once asked us in wonderment: "How the hell do you guys ever get anything done?"

"Ashley is a machine for turning Diet Coke™ into screenplays."

#32 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:34 PM

Congratulations to you both.
"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?"

- Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#33 Gilgamash

Gilgamash

FoW

• Demigod
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:10 AM

View PostRobert Hewitt Wolfe, on Dec 23 2008, 12:31 AM, said:

Hurray for the official unofficial oblique hinty announcement of the thing we must not discuss!

That
Has to be the best
Over the top gig any of my buddies have ever landed.  It totally
ROCKS!

I'm not sure what happened with those carriage returns.

I think it's an anagram. But wtf does "ttyS" mean???

Wait... I figured it out: "talk to you SOON." Okay. You got my number! Holla!

Edited by Gilgamash, 24 December 2008 - 12:14 AM.

"Ashley is a machine for turning Diet Coke™ into screenplays."

#34 misterMel_Q

misterMel_Q
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:09 AM

What? No one guessed Captain Marvel?  :silenced:

#35 DarthHunter

DarthHunter

Argosy Captain

• Islander
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:02 AM

Hmmm...I wonder what this will be about. I have very rough memories of the cartoon from my childhood, but from all I remember, I found it pretty ridiculous, even for a cartoon. The norse mythology worked well in Stargate as a scifi reference, but personally - and don't get me wrong - I can't really imagine how this is supposed to work out without being ultimately cheesy (if similar to the cartoon story)

However, you two are brilliant writers, so I shall remain curious of what's to come ;)
Anyways, congratulations for this unusual Christmas present :)

Edited by DarthHunter, 24 December 2008 - 10:03 AM.

Posted Image

#36 G-man

G-man

Is there a problem?

• 7,400 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:48 AM

^^^ My suspicion is that it'll be set in the here and now, just so that it can conceptually tie in more smoothly with the Avengers.

Albeit, if we get to see the world through Thor's eyes; and they toss in Loki and the Enchantress; it could also be a surreal experience as reality, visions, and illusions blur.

Trust in the writers, the writers are good.

/s/

Gloriosus
the G-man Himself
Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, so that all may profit by it.
Let me think of the right and lend my assistance to all who may need it, with no regard for anything but justice.
Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage.
Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do.
Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.
-- Doc Savage

Few people want to be moderated, most people see the need for everyone else to be moderated. -- Orpheus

#37 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,056 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

View PostDarthHunter, on Dec 24 2008, 10:02 AM, said:

Hmmm...I wonder what this will be about. I have very rough memories of the cartoon from my childhood, but from all I remember, I found it pretty ridiculous, even for a cartoon. The norse mythology worked well in Stargate as a scifi reference, but personally - and don't get me wrong - I can't really imagine how this is supposed to work out without being ultimately cheesy (if similar to the cartoon story)

However, you two are brilliant writers, so I shall remain curious of what's to come ;)
Anyways, congratulations for this unusual Christmas present :)

The best Thor storylines have always been several times the size in epic scale that you saw in the Lord Of Rings movies.

This is a nice history of Thor.

http://www.immortalthor.net/
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#38 Avalon

Avalon
  • Islander
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

OH MY GOSH!!!!!  OH MY GOSH!!!    YOU GUYS...CONGRATS!!!!   :bowdown:

(Just so you know, I started shrieking at about the third post in...This is just so cool!!!  Congrats again!!!)

#39 KRAD

KRAD

just smile and wave, boys -- smile and wave

• Demigod
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

Y'know, every time I read the subtitle for this thread, I keep thinking it should read: "Thunder. Lightning. A Jedi needs not these things..."
Keith R.A. DeCandido
keith@decandido.net
www.DeCandido.net
kradical.livejournal.com

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk."
---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

#40 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 31,862 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

^^Yeah, lightning's more a Sith sort of thing...
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel
Written Worlds -- My blog
Facebook Author Page

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users