• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lyric of Delphi

Lyric of Delphi

A little too much LDS

• Islander
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

Okay, I booted up my computer this morning, and got this weird little message in a typical pop up:

"Windows logon UI has encountered a problem and needed to close."

It asked if I wanted to send an error report, I said no, closed the window...and then another window popped up, similar to the first. I closed it. The first popped up again. And so on and so on.

I don't think it's a virus, otherwise my computer would already be toast and aside from the pop up window never going away, it's perfectly fine. I googled the problem and found a fix going into my registry editor, but that didn't work. And I don't see any other ways of fixing it online.

Does anyone know what's going on and how to get rid of it?

(Also, my next computer is going to be a Mac.)

#2 Lyric of Delphi

Lyric of Delphi

A little too much LDS

• Islander
  • 9,092 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

Okay, I just found another fix here: http://www.securityp...rorMessage.html

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:WindowsSystem32 folder. Locate the file msgina.dll and move it to d: or some other location. [A new copy of this file will be extracted automatically by XP]

See if the problem persists. If yes, open Command Prompt window and type in:

"SFC /PURGECACHE"

Then, "SFC /Scanow"

I don't have my laptop here, I'm on my lab computer, but I guess I'll try this later.

Still, advice from you guys would be quite welcome.

Edited by Lyric of Delphi, 19 January 2009 - 10:42 AM.

#3 Shadowfire

Shadowfire

I am a guy lol!!!

• Dead account
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

Looks good but back up before you try that. :)

PROUD STUDENT OF SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNVERSITY

View PostRobL, on Jul 20 2009, 06:35 PM, said:

Every time I see a political thread I fondle myself just a little bit.............

'I honestly cannot justify that. You see, advertising isn't an art. Appealing to the English? Use someone from Hollyoaks and diss United. Scots? Talk about how evil Thatcher was. SNP is awesome etc. Americans? Well they be thick as sh*t so short sentences and shiny things and some Jesus helps too.. French and Germans? Talk about the war. Irish? f*ck that we can't sell sh*t in Ireland. That's frankly how it all works. So what I'm trying to say is that I'm happy you're dumping all this cash into advertising... I honestly don't see what you want me to do with it.  And also, that blip in the records in June was me buying monitors.-- never ask me to be 'brutally honest' about a budget.

You of course realise that anything you post here is comprised of ASCII characters? Each character is 7 bits with a parity bit making 8... I guess that's fairly meaningless to you which is actually the point. At most your sentence is a few kilobytes and considering I'm doing a file transfer of over a billion bytes right now those bytes making up your words are invisible with their insignificance, which is exact what I think of your post. Insignificant.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users