• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:50 PM

Okay I've taken a loooooooong break from GMing and now the holidays are over I'm setting up a thread to see how many players would want to play if I restarted one of my old games or made a new one. So without further ado...

Please state which option you would like to see happen. Note, please choose one option, try not to state "any" or "Idc" because that doesn't help me at all in deciding which game to resurrect. I'll consider the results after one week if there have been enough replies, two weeks if not and after that I'll figure nobody wants to play at all.

So, here are the options.

A) Would like me to start up Path of Dawn again.

B) Would like me to start up Vampire Hunters again.

C) Would like me to set up an entirely new game. (If so, state your preferred universe here.)

Edited to add: New players are also welcome!

Edited by EvilMikoto, 30 January 2009 - 03:53 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#2 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

i'd love to start playing again. my vote is for Vampire Hunters :) though if you decide on another fandom, Firefly would be pretty awesome.
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#3 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

You know I'm in.

Hard choice between PoD or VH-But I was wondering how VH would play out, so I'd go with resurrecting that.

#4 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:08 AM

I would probably have a bit more free time these days (if I can just manage my time more wisely :angel: ), so I'd prefer to see Vampire Hunters return. Although Tialyn had...

...met up with Arjhay and discussed their mutual interest in Kilairi Ruins and found much in common. He offered her a place at the University in Alcana, one of the bigger cities further inland where she could study and she accepted. Tomorrow she would be heading out to go there.

...I'd like for her to either be back or have decided not leave :).

And WB, Miko and the RP forum!

#5 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:33 PM

Alrighty! :D Looks like we are going ahead. I'm sure RJ will return too so that's five including GM. Enough to start playing. So here's the plan. Unless we can lure Rae back in here I'll put this arc with Samael and Annise on hold indefinately-it'll occur later in our character's lives even if it's after the games. ;)

Which'll leave me to start afresh with a totally new arc with the remaining characters. Okay let's see.

Nikki, we'll simply rewrite time a little and say that Tialyn changed her mind about her trip to Uni.

RJ, we'll start this arc with your character already having joined the Vampire Hunters during the intermission. By the time we start up I'd say it'll be his first or second actual night of duty. Sound good to you?

We'll be starting up on Tuesday or Wednesday once I reread all the old profiles and some of the previous arcs to refresh myself-I suggest you all do the same. ;) And think up a new arc for us. (Oh how I enjoy those!)

*Goes to dig out her old Underworld DVDs and makes a mental note to go see the new one.*
Rejected and gone.

#6 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

Well, not to be one who gives you ideas......but didn't you say to me that you were thinking about bringing a certain dead vampiress back to life......sort of?

#7 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:52 PM

I did! Thanks for reminding me!

Now I have two potential arcs in mind. :devil:

Anyway I just spend the last hour or so whomping up a new discussion thread with a rundown of all the information I compiled in the old thread for easy(ish) reading. I have made quite a few changes to quite a lot of things about psionics, vampire rules and such so I recommend you guys taking the time to read it.

:lol: At this rate I'll be ready to go by Monday lunchtime (my time, GMT) but we'll see.
Rejected and gone.

#8 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

:D
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#9 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,601 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

Hello. :waves:

Arjhay is definitely back in. :happy:  And so is Rhiannon.   :love:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#10 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

View PostEvilMikoto, on Feb 1 2009, 03:52 PM, said:

I did! Thanks for reminding me!

Yeah-but now it means no good at all for a certain other vampire.... :p

#11 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

I really miss role playing in here but I have never played Vampire Hunters.

#12 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:37 PM

Oh no worries Brit.

VH is an original universe RP (when I say "original" I really mean "semi-original" since I've been shamelessly borrowing concepts, ideas and rules left right and centre from books, tv and movies) so it's not too hard to get into.

If you check out the discussion thread-the new one I've compacted everything into a condensed version of everything you'd need to know and then some. It's a bit of a read but it's all there.

Anyways, that's my long winded way of saying I'd love to have you in the game. PM me with any questions and since we're very early in a new arc I can insert you in nice and easy.

Edited to add: I'm keeping an eye on shoutbox if you want to talk there.

Edited by EvilMikoto, 05 February 2009 - 07:40 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#13 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

And we could use a couple more males-perhaps a hume and an elviri ;)

#14 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

I like the idea of being an elviri, will play male as usual.  Do the elviri have psionic abilities?  Would happily be a healer if that's the case and if of course you need one.

It doesn't matter that I don't know everyone elses characters because he can be new in town. LOL

Going now to find the profiles so I can have a look.

#15 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

My Elviri is a healer, but doesn't mean we can't make room for a male one ;)

#16 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:48 PM

Elviri, mortal and a male? Awesome.

A second healer is fine of course. Gives me more flexibility on whom I can injure...
Rejected and gone.

#17 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

View PostEvilMikoto, on Feb 6 2009, 03:48 PM, said:

Elviri, mortal and a male? Awesome.

A second healer is fine of course. Gives me more flexibility on whom I can injure...
That's just a bad sign all around :wink:.

Welcome, Brit! :D

#18 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

No it isn't-it just means she can pick on Sephira more often ;)

#19 GCross2432

GCross2432

Half-Nietzschean, Half-Fangirl

• Islander
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

I'd love to see the Path of Dawn rp start up again if anyone else is interested and if you'd be willing to find a way to finagle in a new player. ^_^ It looks really interesting, and the new plot technically "just" started. I was reading up on it so I thought I'd cast in my vote, even though everyone else voted for the other one. :p
Harperchondriac, Rhadical, Trancer, Kludge, X-Man, Browncoat, Pirateer, Elf, DS9er, CSI, Atlantean

Keeper of...
The Keys of the Universes
The Everlasting Sun
Carson's Laptop
The songs October, So Close, and Breathe No More
Pippin's Voice and Accent
X-men AUs & Kurt's Tail
Jack's Swagger

Icon by MurdocsAngel

#20 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

I like the Path of Dawn too, I enjoyed all the rp that I played here.  I loved the Pern based one I felt we had a lot more to do with that one.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users