• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#41 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:24 PM

*Laughs.* Nice posting in reaction to Graayth's first experience with firearms there everyone. You made your evil GM laugh. ;)

Actually, while I remember I did actually make a secondary team of Vampire Hunters as npcs. As I recall they're the ones out patrolling when we're not, and guarding the town when we're off on our adventures. They also act as a kinda 'swap' for our team when we have nights off or get too badly injured to be patrolling all night. ;)

Khazar was named-one of mine. An ex "stored blood" prisoner of Samael's I believe. While Szh isn't playing I'll have Breanna transferred to the secondary team and Nikki, you might want to correct me on this but we didn't get rid of Reece. I can make use of him as an npc on the secondary team. Always useful having a link with the local law enforcement.

And so for refence in case we ever have to name them we have Dex. A, tall, large hume male.

And Ashley, a medium sized hume female who has the psionic telekinesis and danger perception.

We'll hardly ever meet our secondary team of course, but it's useful knowing they're there.

Edited by EvilMikoto, 20 September 2009 - 09:56 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#42 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:49 PM

Always happy to give the evil GM an evil laugh or two ;)

Oh, and as an aside-Dex is slightly sociopathic and keeps it under control by hunting down the evil supernaturals ;)

#43 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

View PostEvilMikoto, on Sep 20 2009, 09:24 PM, said:

...and Nikki, you might want to correct me on this but we didn't get rid of Reece. I can make use of him as an npc on the secondary team. Always useful having a link with the local law enforcement.
We sent him to a neighboring town/city to help out, so he can certainly have returned and joined the alternate team for whatever reasons. :)

#44 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

Alrighty thanks Nikki, he transferred back a few arcs ago then. ;)

A secondary team makes a whole lot of sense actually. Work on a two or three night rota so that everyone gets time off. (Makes it easier to do our 'normal' daytime lives.)
Rejected and gone.

#45 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,528 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

That was a lot of fun.  I'm surprised nobody got shot.  :lol:
Please visit The RJDiogenes Store. Posted Image   And my Gallery. Posted Image And my YouTube Page. Posted Image And read Trunkards. Posted Image  And then there's my Heroes Essays.  Posted Image

#46 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

The fun has only just begun..... :devil:
Rejected and gone.

#47 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:55 AM

^^Yes, it has ;)

Okay, to give you an idea of what the Kilairi looked like, I have a couple of images I manipulated on request. Now, like humans, they don't all look the same, so these are only representations.

Posted Image Posted Image

#48 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:03 AM

Nice work there EChatty. ;) The board and I don't get along very well when it comes to avatars and images and stuff.
Rejected and gone.

#49 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:08 AM

Don't feel bad, the upload feature doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me either, so I'm embedding them using my photobucket account ;)

#50 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:51 AM

Well, since the cat's officially out of the bag regarding my next arc.... Yes we're going to Dhaska for our next arc. Looong trip by sea. ;)

So, since we're going to be visiting the Elviri continent, I'd like those who play Elviri characters to read what I put about Elviri on page one, have a little think about it and PM me with any ideas or things they might want to incorporate into the Elviri culture since I'll likely be expanding on it in the next arc. They may or may not follow the same religion as Humes for example. Maybe different customs and cultures. Who knows? ;)
Rejected and gone.

#51 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

Very, very cool ancient peoples :D!

I'll have a read and a think and PM you with some stuff I put in Tialyn's background!

#52 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

Thank you, Nikki :) They were fun to do.

All I did was work with Miko on Sephira's hometown and expand on the family that was mentioned in her original bio.

#53 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

Alrighty, here it is. I've worked on how Dhaska is ruled and some background information. Just GMly stuff I had to know about to make the arc. It's mostly just geographical and political stuff, nothing that should have major impacts on your characters. Hopefully you'll find it useful as a starting point for whatever inputs you guys can come up with.

Why am I asking for input you ask?  :suspect:  Not that I can't come up with everything myself but frankly, you guys are the ones playing as Elviri. None of my characters are. It only seems fair that you get to get some input on the species you chose to play as. Anyway, here's what I've come up with so far and I warn you, it's a long read so dose up on caffiene before you start.  :whistle:

Dhaska is a nation that occupies the north west section of the continent of Rivisia, it is one of the larger Elviri nations and has a climate that ranges from tropical to rainforest. A large river runs through Dhaska called the Odenn River. (Think of the Amazon as a comparison.) The capital city of Dhaska, called Sayak is located roughly in the middle of the country geographically. It overlooks the Odenn river. Unlike the hume kingdom of Sandesina, in which Delmi is locate that operates on a royal family system where the royal family rules and either has family members serving as leaders of towns or royally appointed govenors. (Delmi's duke is a distant cousin of the royal family, but undeniable of royal blood.) Dhaska has a governmental and council system.

In Sayak is the central government. There is a written constitution, a president and various government officials elected by vote. However everything is pretty corrupt at this point in history. Paper votes, horseback travel to other cities and bribes leads to a lot of corruption. And voting is confined to the major cities so if you're in a small town or village and you want to vote, you have to travel to the nearest city, register and do so. Obviously many simple villagers just don't want to make that kind of effort for something that hardly affects their lives. Voting happens about every 5 years.

Other cities and towns are generally ruled by city councils on behalf of the government. The size of the council depends on the size of the city. It can vary between three and seven people but will always be an odd number so that there can be majority votes each time something comes up. Councilmembers are either appointed by the central government or voted in, I haven't really decided which one it is yet. ;)

Anyway, I'll post this next part again later probably, but the next arc will take place in a town called Luanda. It's a fairly small but important town on the northern coast of Dhaska right next to the mouth of one of the Odenn's tributaries as it flows into the sea. It's one of the main ports where ships from Sandesina land after a long voyage so the crews can rest and resupply before continuing upriver to Sayak, or store the cargo in wharehouses before large barges take it up river. So, while the native population is quite small, there is always a lot of travellers and traffic going through it. However Luanda is not a place where much export is done. The vast majority of Dhaskan export is done in a much larger city further along the coast where the main course of the river Odenn meets the sea. It has a hot and humid climate which isn't surprising given it's backed by heavy rainforest.

Luanda has a council of three people, and despite only being a town, because of it's importance with Sandesinan imports the citizens of the town do get to register and vote every 10 years. It's also where Sephira comes from.

More details will come as we get closer to the arc itself, which is probably a few weeks away yet. Now remember while Elviri prefer airy, wooden buildings because of their climate that are set off the ground on supports, buildings of fire risks like smithes are constructed of stone. As for fashion, I don't imagine leather is popular in such a climate, and they'd probably prefer light cloth. But clothing, fashion, weapon and armour styles are some of those things I'd like player input on. ;)

Finally for Tialyn and Gaelan, your character might not have come from Dhaska, but from Venn or one of the other Elviri nations so there can be variations in climate, such as a tropical or swamp area, or perhaps a different ruling sytem. It depends. ;)

Edited by EvilMikoto, 24 September 2009 - 04:56 PM.

Rejected and gone.

#54 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

View PostEvilMikoto, on Sep 24 2009, 04:52 PM, said:

Finally for Tialyn and Gaelan, your character might not have come from Dhaska, but from Venn or one of the other Elviri nations so there can be variations in climate, such as a tropical or swamp area, or perhaps a different ruling sytem. It depends. ;)
Yeah, I had Tialyn originally from Venn...so I probably won't have to give you much info beyond the basics just for general purposes. She's from the jungles. I'll figure out if she's ever been to Dhaska or not...if not, it'll be an interesting trip to see it for the first time :).

#55 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

Venn is likely a neighbouring country so it likely shares borders with Dhaska. Jungles aren't too different from rainforest so their culture could be quite similar. Culture, customs, fashion, ect can be pretty fluid. Anyway I can decide it all, I merely wanted to give you guys a chance to make up your own minds rather than have me dictate it all for you. ;)
Rejected and gone.

#56 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

Oh, I'll still come up with some stuff as ideas, don't worry! I was just commenting that Tialyn was from Venn. I didn't know they were close. That makes it easier to have been there :D. And if anything from Venn can be useful for the game then that'll be great :).

#57 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:15 PM

We're hashing out the Dhaska culture right now, so if you come up with anything don't hesitate to PM one of us about it :)

#58 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

Okay! I won't have too much time until this weekend to go through everything for the Venn culture, so have fun. :) You two come up with good stuff!

#59 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

Take your time Nikki, the next arc isn't likely to start for a few weeks yet. And seriously.... :lol: Creating your own planet with multiple races and cultures takes a lot of time and detail.
Rejected and gone.

#60 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,741 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

View PostEvilMikoto, on Sep 24 2009, 08:21 PM, said:

Creating your own planet with multiple races and cultures takes a lot of time and detail.

Why do you think she twisted my arm to help her? :angel:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users