Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

I just started watching Sailor Moon, and found...

anime

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:17 AM

View PostThia The Muse, on Feb 11 2009, 10:44 PM, said:

View PostRommieSG, on Feb 11 2009, 10:30 PM, said:

Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune. Yes, they were lovers in Sailor Moon S, but in the dubbed version it was changed to where they were cousins. I guess that made them 'Kissing Cousins' ;)

Gah, please don't ever remind me of this. I remeber the first time I saw an editied version of one of the movies, where they cut out the scene of Haruka and Michiru out on a date. My friends had to put up with my ranting for days...
Why am I not surprised? ;)

You'll just have to come over and watch the uncut version of Sailor Moon S that I have. ;)
Posted Image

#22 Thia The Muse

Thia The Muse

Galwit Mysto

• 893 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:59 AM

View PostRommieSG, on Feb 12 2009, 12:17 AM, said:

View PostThia The Muse, on Feb 11 2009, 10:44 PM, said:

View PostRommieSG, on Feb 11 2009, 10:30 PM, said:

Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune. Yes, they were lovers in Sailor Moon S, but in the dubbed version it was changed to where they were cousins. I guess that made them 'Kissing Cousins' ;)

Gah, please don't ever remind me of this. I remeber the first time I saw an editied version of one of the movies, where they cut out the scene of Haruka and Michiru out on a date. My friends had to put up with my ranting for days...
Why am I not surprised? ;)

You'll just have to come over and watch the uncut version of Sailor Moon S that I have. ;)

I guess you know me too well, my friend. You know, I just might have to drive up to that freezing wasteland that you call home.  ;)
"Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously."
~xkcd, "The Race: Part 4"
Posted Image

#23 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:11 AM

You'll have to put up with my rewatching of Haruhi again. Yes, this would make.....the 5th time so far I think. ^_^
Posted Image

#24 Thia The Muse

Thia The Muse

Galwit Mysto

• 893 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Have you read the manga yet? I picked up vol. 1 at a con, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.
"Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously."
Posted Image

#25 cotss2012

cotss2012

n00btard

• Dead account
  • 675 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:37 PM

You mean I have to wait until Sailor Moon S just to get to the Hot Lesbian Action?

This show sucks.
WARNING: I am a troll, a spammer, a necroposter, a /b/tard, a tide of violence and human misery, a liar, and an unremorseful killer. Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies, everything that I say has a 90% chance of being a joke, and a 90% chance of being the truth, meaning that 81% of what I say is both funny and true. The other 19% is what I post on the Internet. Also, Ron Paul did 9/11.

Do not say that I didn't warn you.

#26 enTranced

enTranced

Chasing Your Starlight!

• Islander
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

View Postcotss2012, on Feb 12 2009, 07:37 PM, said:

.....Hot Lesbian Action?

:eek3:

Wait....what?

enTranced

Edited by enTranced, 12 February 2009 - 03:14 PM.

Posted Image

#27 cotss2012

cotss2012

n00btard

• Dead account
  • 675 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

Pay closer attention!
WARNING: I am a troll, a spammer, a necroposter, a /b/tard, a tide of violence and human misery, a liar, and an unremorseful killer. Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies, everything that I say has a 90% chance of being a joke, and a 90% chance of being the truth, meaning that 81% of what I say is both funny and true. The other 19% is what I post on the Internet. Also, Ron Paul did 9/11.

#28 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

View Postcotss2012, on Feb 12 2009, 11:37 AM, said:

You mean I have to wait until Sailor Moon S just to get to the Hot Lesbian Action?

This show sucks.
Then I'd stick to shows like 'Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl', 'Kannaduki no Miko', and My-HiME. Okay, My-HiME isn't really a Yuri series, but you gotta love the tension between Shizuru and Natsuki. ;)
Posted Image

#29 cylkoth

cylkoth

I'm a non attorney spokesperson

• Islander
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

View PostenTranced, on Feb 12 2009, 02:11 PM, said:

.....Hot Lesbian Action?

Wait....what?

enTranced
:hehe: Yep...DIC's dub made Sailors Neptune(Michelle) and Uranus(Amara) cousins, rather than the very, ermmm.. close friends depicted in the original... ;)
:lol:
------------------------------------------------------
Am I Blue?
Am I Blue...
Ain't these tears, in my eyes, telling you?

#30 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

View Postcylkoth, on Feb 12 2009, 01:02 PM, said:

View PostenTranced, on Feb 12 2009, 02:11 PM, said:

.....Hot Lesbian Action?

Wait....what?

enTranced
:hehe: Yep...DIC's dub made Sailors Neptune(Michelle) and Uranus(Amara) cousins, rather than the very, ermmm.. close friends depicted in the original... ;)
:lol:
Yup, already mentioned that. ;)
Posted Image

#31 Thia The Muse

Thia The Muse

Galwit Mysto

• 893 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

View PostRommieSG, on Feb 12 2009, 01:57 PM, said:

View Postcotss2012, on Feb 12 2009, 11:37 AM, said:

This show sucks.
Then I'd stick to shows like 'Kashimashi - Girl Meets Girl', 'Kannaduki no Miko', and My-HiME. Okay, My-HiME isn't really a Yuri series, but you gotta love the tension between Shizuru and Natsuki. ;)

If your looking for fanservice, I would suggest something like 'Ikkitousen', 'Puni Puni Poemi' or 'Shoujo Sect'.
Posted Image

#32 cylkoth

cylkoth

I'm a non attorney spokesperson

• Islander
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

View PostRommieSG, on Feb 12 2009, 03:05 PM, said:

Yup, already mentioned that. ;)
And so you did. Usually when I click on 'Last Post by', the browser takes me to the first post I hadn't read since the last visit in the thread. This time it didn't, and I missed your earlier comment on the original version.  :harper:

#33 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

NERV wants YOU!

• Islander
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

Since no one else answered. . .

View PostThia The Muse, on Feb 12 2009, 01:57 PM, said:

Have you read the manga yet? I picked up vol. 1 at a con, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.
Personally, I recall prefering the manga to the anime (this was back in the MixxZine days; I haven't thought of Sailor Moon in so long). It seemed to skew slightly older than even the original anime (as in, I think Takeuchi-san's manga was toned down slightly for the screen, then toned down further for the dub). At least, I don't recall hearing of Usagi's suicide attempt (after Mamoru's death) appearing in the anime in any form.

It also doesn't suffer from "manga-to-anime" syndrome ("let's use this 5-chapter manga storyline to fill 13 half-hour episodes!"), so the pacing is much more breakneck.
"Hilarity ensues." --Seamus Harper

#34 cotss2012

cotss2012

n00btard

• Dead account
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:16 AM

Also...

View PostRommieSG, on Feb 11 2009, 01:08 PM, said:

Major changes took place in the form of genderswaps, such as changing the gender of Zoicite to female, so that his relationship with Malacite would be more acceptable with American audiences.

You mean Zoicite isn't female? He sure looks like a chick.

#35 Thia The Muse

Thia The Muse

Galwit Mysto

• 893 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:56 AM

View Postcotss2012, on Feb 13 2009, 03:16 AM, said:

Also...

View PostRommieSG, on Feb 11 2009, 01:08 PM, said:

Major changes took place in the form of genderswaps, such as changing the gender of Zoicite to female, so that his relationship with Malacite would be more acceptable with American audiences.

You mean Zoicite isn't female? He sure looks like a chick.

Sorry, Zoicite is a trap. You'll come across quite a few of these in anime.
Posted Image

#36 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,191 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:35 AM

Just watch Vandread. That whole series is a freakin' mindfrell lol

And there's always Gunter from Kyo Kara Maoh

Posted Image

Edited by RommieSG, 13 February 2009 - 07:36 AM.

Posted Image

#37 Niko

Niko
  • Watchdog
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

This thread's cracking me up.  :)

I remember when I first watched Sailor Moon S, I was watching it in raw Japanese and had no idea what was going on.  In one of the early episodes introducing Haruka/Michiru (Uranus/Neptune), the storyline revolves around Usagi & Minako both crushing a bit on Haruka.  In her civvies, Haruka dresses like a boy most of the time, and I was fairly new to anime, so I was mightily confused as to whether Haruka was supposed to be a boy or a girl.   (And then, of course, they come out with the "Sailor Starlights" who really are boys in civvies, but transform into girls.  Oi vey.  :) )
- Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.    (Matthew 25:40)

- Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.  (Proverbs 3:3)

#38 Thia The Muse

Thia The Muse

Galwit Mysto

• 893 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

^ Awww, good times. I remeber during the episode were Minako is falling for Haruko, Rei (I think) yells after her something like "Don't give up on men yet, it's too early!" Geez, this thread is making me want to rewatch Salior Moon...

Edited by Thia The Muse, 13 February 2009 - 04:00 PM.

Posted Image

#39 cotss2012

cotss2012

n00btard

• Dead account
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

View PostRommieSG, on Feb 13 2009, 04:35 AM, said:

freakin' mindfrell

If you're not going to use obscenities, please keep your substitutes consistent.

View PostNiko, on Feb 13 2009, 05:17 AM, said:

And then, of course, they come out with the "Sailor Starlights" who really are boys in civvies, but transform into girls.

Do they start lezzing out? Because that's what I'd do in that situation. Unless they transform into straight girls...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users