Women

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Kimmer

Kimmer
  • Islander
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:12 PM

Warning: The content and video in this story may be offensive to viewers.

http://www.klas-tv.c...80&nav=168XGqk0

(July 10) -- It's a new form of adult entertainment, and men are paying thousands of dollars to shoot naked women with paint ball guns. They're coming to Las Vegas to do it.

-----
Perversion? Good clean fun? Bizarre but interesting? Dangerous?

You tell me what you think.

Edited by Certifiably Cait, 02 September 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#2 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:19 PM

I think it's gross.
Posted Image

#3 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:19 PM

Yikes! And those things STING.

These guys need another hobby.  :ninja:

Hey, maybe women could go out into the middle of the desert and offer those boobies a knee to the groin, or better yet, a bullet in the balls.  :crazy:

Edited by Rhea, 16 July 2003 - 02:20 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#4 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:20 PM

I can't even tell you what kind of a reaction this produces in me.

All I can tell you is what kind of reaction it doesn't produce.

Anything along the lines of a sexual reaction.

And anything along the lines of surprise.

That's the sad part. I don't see the bloody point. And I'm not surprised that someone thought of this.

I certainly can't knock it, because everyone has their own choices in life and so on. But you'd better believe that I can't endorse this, either.

I just hope the poor women wear goggles.

Among other things.

:cool:
“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  
~ Eomer, LotR:RotK

#5 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:21 PM

Can we have a Lorena Bobbit game?  You know, just to even the playing field?

*obvious sarcasm there*

:barf:
Posted Image

#6 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:28 PM

yes I can believe its happening, and that women are participateing in it ...

I find it highly unamuseing.....and I wonder why some on hasn't come up with "hunting bucks"...turn about is fair play.

and no the women are being allowed tennis shoes, nothing else.

Goggles should be an additional requirement for safetys sake...

and just..sad head shake

Editing to add, as a real hunter to call this a hunt is totally insulting. It is as bad as the 'canned' hunts that some scum call hunting...

Edited by Shalamar, 16 July 2003 - 02:30 PM.

The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#7 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:31 PM

Men pay anywhere from $5000 to $10,000 for the chance to come to the middle of the desert to shoot what they call "Bambis" with a paint ball gun

So why do women agree to strip down and run around the desert dodging paint balls? Nicole says it's good money. "I mean it's $2,500 if you don't get hit. You try desperately not to and it's $1000 if you do," said Nicole.

Yet more proof that given sufficient money, and deficient brain power, people will do *anything.*

Go humanity go.  :rolleyes:
cervisiam tene rem specta

#8 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:32 PM

Jid, on Jul 15 2003, 11:24 PM, said:

Yet more proof that given sufficient money, and deficient brain power, people will do *anything.*

Go humanity go.
I'll give ten thousand bucks to the first person into this thread that can argue that Jid's statement (as quoted) is wrong!

“Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfil them all! To lord and land!”  

#9 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:36 PM

I think it's a fantastic affirmation of freedom.

Only in the free world could men and women be so able to do something so stupid, for so little reason.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. § 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#10 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:36 PM

the'Hawk, on Jul 15 2003, 08:25 PM, said:

Jid, on Jul 15 2003, 11:24 PM, said:

Go humanity go.
I'll give ten thousand bucks to the first person into this thread that can argue that Jid's statement (as quoted) is wrong!

You better change that bet Hawk.

ANYONE can argue it.

What you're looking for is someone to convince you.

Hurry up before I take you up on it!

:devil:
Posted Image

#11 the 'Hawk

the 'Hawk
  • Islander
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:38 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Jul 15 2003, 11:29 PM, said:

You better change that bet Hawk.

ANYONE can argue it.
Yeah, but by arguing it, for the money's sake, you're just reinforcing my original viewpoint. So anyone can argue it.

(Besides which, I said "ten thousand bucks", not dollars. ;) Trust me, if bucks and dollars were the same thing..... not to mention, I never did stipulate an arrival date! For all you know, ten thousand male deer are just spontaneously up-and-heading towards you presently! And they should arrive some time before California falls into the Pacific. Maybe.)

#12 Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster

There's no Shepard without Vakarian

• Islander
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 03:02 PM

Javert Rovinski, on Jul 16 2003, 03:29 AM, said:

I think it's a fantastic affirmation of freedom.

Only in the free world could men and women be so able to do something so stupid, for so little reason.
Not to mention bloody dangerous. Those paint balls leave the gun at around 200 miles per hour- that gets you in the eye; it will blind you. I've been paint balling before and the first thing they tell you is that you put your safety mask/helmet/goggles on when you get to the designated point and you do not take it off.
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

#13 bandit

bandit

Bond, Fuzzy Bond

• Islander
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 03:07 PM

Ok, i find this article both infuriating and insulting.
i wonder how these men would feel if they ran around being shot at by women.
a good hit in the balls with a high-powered paintball gun in the balls with not even cloth to sheild the blow would probably do them soem good, IMO, and hey, i have $20 that says that at least one of the men who has done this winds up being a serial killer, so it could be a good thing, all that needs to be done is they arrest the guys after they are done with  the tapes as evidence  :p  :ninja:  :devil:  :angel:

Now, on to part 2 of the article hunting for babi part 2

Marv Glovinsky is a clinical psychologist. He says Hunting for Bambi is every man's fantasy come true. "You might think of all men as little boys who have never grown up, so they entertain their adolescent fantasies and they go through life being adolescents on the hunt."
i find that offensive to the extreme. i am one (though it would appear that this psychologist thinks i am in a minority so small that it does not exist) who does not do this, i am freinds with my girlfreind first and foremost, we go out mayby 3 or 4 times per year. i don't entertain fantasies of hunting, or hurting women, amdittedly i like a nice body, but hell, ask Lil or Rhea it Tyr is hot!

But Glovinsky says this so called game that mixes violence with sexuality can be dangerous for men who can not distinguish fantasy from reality, and acting out the violence in this game could lead to them acting out real violence.
Concur, which is why it should be banned.
ban this, then worry about the SUV california!
Sorry, i am not done cooling down yet.

#14 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 12:47 AM

Add this to my long list of reasons I will never visit Las Vegas.
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#15 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 32,996 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:14 AM

Generally I have no objection to any fantasy, no matter how violent, so long as it remains a fantasy and doesn't do any actual harm.  The whole point of fantasy is to explore urges and actions  that are impossible or inappropriate to exercise in reality.  It can be a harmless release, if it's just a fantasy -- or if it's safe, consensual dominance-submission play between partners who trust and respect each other.

Sadly, this "Hunting for Bambi" game does not meet those standards.  It goes beyond harmless fantasy or responsible S&M play.  From what I've read, in the healthy form of such play, the person who assumes the submissive role does so as an expression of complete trust in the person who plays the dominant role -- trust which that person has earned.  And the "sub" is really the one in control, saying how far to go and when to stop.  I've read comments from feminist scholars who approved of BDSM play because the man really has to be attuned to the woman's feelings and respect her wishes.  Of course, in healthy relationships of this kind, the roles are reversed from time to time, with both partners getting their chance to dominate, so that there's a balance of power.

This hunting thing doesn't fit those parameters.  The men in the dominant role aren't people that the women know and trust, aren't attuned to their feelings; they're paying customers and total strangers.  And the article said that they don't always obey the limits on how far to go, and it sounds as if the women have no means to stop them from exceeding those limits.  So that, along with the risk of physical injury from the paint pellets, makes this unsafe, unhealthy and not entirely consensual, a form of exploitation.
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Facebook Author Page

#16 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 02:53 AM

That's gross and makes me mad.  At some point, unless the women start wearing goggles, they WILL get sued however.  When you're shooting at a moving tagert with a painball gun (not the most accurate of weapons) it's really easy to miss and hit the face.  I've been paintballing a good number of times and there have been times when I got a paintball to the mouth (thank god for facemasks - broke the paintball before it when down my throat, but still doesn't taste good) and what would have been my eyes if not for goggles as well as *ahem* senstive areas.  So I really worry about the women on the field.

I think as for fantasty, it's gross but not illegal.  I would like it shut down, but I wouldn't (legally) try because I really believe we should have freedom in this country, as much as I disagree with what some people do with it.  I do worry about the men who actually pay for this though.

Paintball is so much more fun when you're not naked.  Besides, I wouldn't like explaining why I have sunburns in certain areas...
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#17 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:00 AM

First off this is really stupid! I've done paintball and it hurts and can be very dangerous especially without proper gear.

Second, why aren't the woman armed and the men also naked? Hey, more like the war game that paintball is to be, not hunting. What cowards having to hunt naked unarmed women.

Legal? I imagine so. Right? Hell no.

LoP
(Who thinks he should start a paintball hunt for women to shoot unarmed naked men)

#18 bandit

bandit

Bond, Fuzzy Bond

• Islander
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 04:22 AM

^ concur LOP, you could call it "bursting his bubbles"

#19 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 04:34 AM

Let me just add my vote with the people who find this behaviour disgusting. And I would just LOVE to hunt some of those guys the same way they're hunting 'Bambi'.

Besides, isn't Bambi a buck?? :devil: :angry:

#20 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 04:49 AM

LTA, on Jul 16 2003, 12:27 PM, said:

Besides, isn't Bambi a buck??
I've always wondered about that. Bambi was a boy deer, and yet his name became the synonymous with ditzy, large-breasted blondes
"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Women

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users