64 replies to this topic

#21 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 04:49 AM

Christopher Very well said.

I very much agree with LoP and Nickara disgusting and I'd worry alot about meeting the men who 'play' this game. What it tells me of what they think of women  ...words fail me.

I also feel that what the psychologist says about 'all men' is also wrong and insulting to men . Yes there are men out there like that, but to speak so broadly of one gender is irresponsible and patently untrue. I know too many men who find this 'game', this 'hunting'  appaling and offensive.

#22 ElJay

ElJay

Harperchondriac

• Islander
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 05:06 AM

Herewith attached, please find my request for a species change.  I no longer want to be associated in any way shape or form with the current one.

Unbelievable that some women would stoop this low just for money.  Not so unbelievable, unfortunately, that some men really get off on hurting women (or any one, for that matter.)  There are some sick puppies out there.
US VETERAN AND PROUD OF IT!

Chivalry is a matter of both deeds and words.

#23 Blondie

Blondie

The Peroxide Jihad

• Dead account
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 05:21 AM

Boy, I read this article on FOX and jumped on to post about it, and here's an entire thread waiting...

First, I think it's pathetic that grown people engage in this sort of behavior.  To tell the truth, it smells like something from the Roman Empire.

That being said, I have to look at it from the woman's point of view.  Since I stripped for over two years to pay my way through college, I can't really point my finger at them and say "bad girl..." but this is where I veer away from the idea:  I grew up in the woods.  I've run through the woods in shorts/T-shirts, and that's not exactly fun.  Running naked (with sneakers) is not only painful, it's gotta be dangerous.  Girls, there are plenty of gentlemen's  clubs in Vegas...play it safe.

Even if someone could convince me to be the Bambi, and I might could be talked into it on a good day, no one, and I mean NO ONE is going to "mount" me after that by any definition of the word.  This may sound strange: I don't have much of a problem being considered a sex object or an object of fantasy...but I am not a slab of meat.

Plus, paintballs hurt!

Edited to add: plus, girls working in a reputable strip club have excellent protection from the creeps, for which I have always been grateful.  God knows what can happen to you in this game.

Edited by TrancesHuggyPillow, 17 July 2003 - 05:25 AM.

The ditz FKA TrancesHuggyPillow

#24 sierraleone

sierraleone

All things Great and Mischievous

• Islander
  • 9,225 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 05:29 AM

TrancesHuggyPillow, on Jul 16 2003, 10:14 AM, said:

This may sound strange: I don't have much of a problem being considered a sex object or an object of fantasy...but I am not a slab of meat.
It certainly doesn't sound that strange to me, I meet people like that all the time :)

But for me, I do not wear modest clothes because I am conservative. I do not like being a sex object, I do not like people looking at me that way, because then I feel like a slab of meat. I probably wouldn't like being someones fantasy either.  :upside: But thats just me :)
Rules for surviving an Autocracy:

Rule#1: Believe the Autocrat.
Rule#2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule#3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule#4: Be outraged.
Rule#5: Don't make compromises.
Rule#6: Remember the future.
- Masha Gessen
Source: http://www2.nybooks....r-survival.html

#25 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 07:28 AM

having taken various things to the groin during one to many excited larp games, inluding a shot from a paintball gun, i'd like to say

DAMN,

those women are a lot braver than I am

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#26 Lover of Purple

Lover of Purple

Mustang Man

• Retired Board Owner
  • 11,215 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 07:33 AM

bandit, on Jul 16 2003, 10:15 AM, said:

^ concur LOP, you could call it "bursting his bubbles"
Good name!! :D :D

And remember, no shooting ABOVE the chest. ;)

#27 the Pill

the Pill

I really need to come here more often.

• Islander
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:36 PM

Having been hit "down there" a number of times, I'd like to say that that's a horrible thing to imagine, let alone type.  And even worse to even happen.  Granted, I've never been hit "there" while in my birthday suit.  But, I'm going to assume it's just that much worse for having absolutely no covering.  

I'm curious though, do women have an equally pain-inducing area?  As the women/girls that, that I've heard from, that have "delighted" in attacking mens' groins seem to have no concept of how much pain that may cause.

And I find the "game" deplorable to say the least.  I can understand when a group of people are shooting at other people just as armed as they are in a standard paintball game, but find this just disgusting and a sad commentary on life.

-the disgusted cup-wearing Pill

#28 ElJay

ElJay

Harperchondriac

• Islander
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 01:48 AM

I'm curious though, do women have an equally pain-inducing area? As the women/girls that, that I've heard from, that have "delighted" in attacking mens' groins seem to have no concept of how much pain that may cause.

Yes, actually, we do.  Having landed on the bar of my brother's bike, I can tell you it hurt like the devil; that area is absolutely packed with nerve endings for both genders.  

And the circumstances under which I would "delight" in attacking a male's groin are such that he would most certainly deserve what ever he got; that is my uderstandable response to a larger, stronger attacker in a situation that is far beyond the realm of 'play.'  If I have a gun, I'll shoot him instead.

#29 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 01:59 AM

Women don't have anything down there that dangles, so I'm not sure women can really appreciate how much discomfort is caused by being hit in the danglers. It's not just a matter of sensitivity, but I really don't know how to describe the feeling, except that it's sort of like having something dislocated . . . slowly, gradually, . . . memorably. Which is why any man who witnesses such an incident will have a phantom reaction of his own.

I'm curling into a protective ball just thinking about it.

Edited by Drew, 18 July 2003 - 02:02 AM.

"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#30 eryn

eryn

So, a baby seal walks into a club...

• Islander
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 02:52 AM

This game is completely disgusting IMO. I mean, a ball of paint coming at you at 200 mph will hurt. I've never been paintballing nekkid, and I never will either, but even with protective gear paintballing hurts. (Especially when one plays against ones brother who takes the term "overkill" to new levels... :p )

I'm curious though, do women have an equally pain-inducing area? As the women/girls that, that I've heard from, that have "delighted" in attacking mens' groins seem to have no concept of how much pain that may cause.

One could say that women actually have 2 sensitive spots. While getting hit in the "pills" hurts I would imagine, getting hit in the upper chest area where the twins reside hurts, and it hurts alot. Trust me, just slamming into sharp corners by accident makes you want to cry. :p And as Eljay said, the other area is extremely sensitive for both genders. But seeing as how a women cant feel a menís pain and men cant feel women's pain, I guess we'll never really know who hurts worse. ;)

mystic
If you watch the news and don't like it, then this is your counter program to the news.
Jon Stewart

My Flickr

#31 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 02:57 AM

Well, for getting hit there it's easier to hit a guy but you can actually do more damage to a women with a swift kick - it's just harder to do.  I got kicked there by a guy wearing roller skates once, and you better believe I was curled on the ground for a little while after that.  Most girls never really get the experiance because people dont normally think to kick girls there and its harder to do it accidentally.  Also having experianced it, paintballs hurt when they hit there a LOT (I've been playing since I was about 12, so I have lots of experiance getting shot).

On a more entertaining note, did anyone else get a pop-up ad for paintball supplies when they opened this thread?  I found it a little ironic...
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#32 ElJay

ElJay

Harperchondriac

• Islander
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 03:33 AM

mystic, on Jul 17 2003, 03:45 PM, said:

But seeing as how a women cant feel a menís pain and men cant feel women's pain, I guess we'll never really know who hurts worse. ;)

mystic
As to that, all I can say is that my vision blacked out for a few seconds.  Don't know how that compares to taking a strike in the ... danglers, but I don't want to do it again, that's for sure.

#33 Blondie

Blondie

The Peroxide Jihad

• Dead account
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:10 AM

Yes, It hurts to get hit in the boobies, or to land on them, or whatever you can imagine.
The ditz FKA TrancesHuggyPillow

#34 Kelela

Kelela

treat your pets well

• Islander
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:22 AM

Drew,
Just because our(women) nerve endings aren't encased in anything as prominent ( or should I say... protuberant) as yours doesn't mean pain and damage can not occur. Did you not grow up with girls who hit the crossbar of a "boys" bike and fell off in agony?  However, that's not my gripe, it's how foolish a person can be when an apparently large amount of money is offered to 'play a little game'.

The dudes who run this business are raking in the dough and the participants have to answer for their own actions. As reprehensible as it is to me, I truly wonder about humanity's common sense when someone  presents a banal new offer to buy. :eek:

Kelela
If there's one thing I've learned .... it's to always have your flexibility in top working condition ;) -- Nikki Peppermint

Things to say when someone says "God Bless You" ----
sarcastic: Are you in charge of God's blessings? 'Cuz, I could use a few more...
humorous: Thanks - I need all the blessings I can get...
flirtatious: "He already did when I saw you"
chatty: "Did you know where the tradition of saying "God bless you" came from?"----
Handmaiden07

#35 Drew

Drew

Josef K.

• Islander
  • 12,191 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:30 AM

Kelela, on Jul 17 2003, 04:15 PM, said:

Drew,
Just because our(women) nerve endings aren't encased in anything as prominent ( or should I say... protuberant) as yours doesn't mean pain and damage can not occur. Did you not grow up with girls who hit the crossbar of a "boys" bike and fell off in agony?
Actually, no. But I did grow up with little girls who thought that giving a little boy a kick in the 'nads was HI-larious! (And again, . . . it's not just a matter of the area being sensitive. It's about the way that area is structured.)  

But I agree that this "game" is completely distasteful, and while the women who aubmit to this are disturbingly desperate, the men who take part in this are sick and twisted assholes. (And I don't use that term lightly).

Edited by Drew, 18 July 2003 - 08:33 AM.

"Someone must have slandered Josef K., for one morning, without having done anything wrong, he was arrested."

#36 Kelela

Kelela

treat your pets well

• Islander
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 08:50 AM

Drew, on Jul 17 2003, 02:23 PM, said:

Actually, no. But I did grow up with little girls who thought that giving a little boy a kick in the 'nads was HI-larious! (And again, . . . it's not just a matter of the area being sensitive. It's about the way that area is structured.) 

But I agree that this "game" is completely distasteful, and while the women who aubmit to this are disturbingly desperate, the men who take part in this are sick and twisted assholes. (And I don't use that term lightly).
OKAY :suspect:  We think TOO much alike, even with our diverse childhoods.

I wish I had the 'balls' to say what you just said. ;) You have expressed my feelings completely.

Kelela
If there's one thing I've learned .... it's to always have your flexibility in top working condition ;) -- Nikki Peppermint

Things to say when someone says "God Bless You" ----
sarcastic: Are you in charge of God's blessings? 'Cuz, I could use a few more...
humorous: Thanks - I need all the blessings I can get...
flirtatious: "He already did when I saw you"
chatty: "Did you know where the tradition of saying "God bless you" came from?"----
Handmaiden07

#37 Enmar

Enmar

a Sabra

• Islander
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:29 AM

And here comes the backlash:

http://www.reuters.c...storyID=3115633

The company has a Las Vegas business license to sell a $20 video of hunters chasing nude women through the woods as a spoof on hunting videos that feature men hunting deer.

That video was staged, Real Men spokesman David Krekelberg said, but it gave rise to the idea of hosting hunts with paintball guns and charging men $10,000 for such weekend tours.

Krekelberg said the company has so far hosted 18 "Bambi" hunts in undisclosed locations around Las Vegas. In each, a hunter faces off with two women dressed in nothing but sneakers, each of whom receive $1,000 and can earn up to $2,500 if they make it through the hour without being struck by the paintball, he said.

But Jodi Tyson, director of the Nevada Coalition Against Sexual Violence called the "Bambi" hunts offensive, dangerous and exploitative.

The world's largest paintball products maker, Brass Eagle Inc, has also protested the hunts.

The U.S. Bureau of Land Management is also looking into speculation that the hunts have taken place without permits on public property. About 90 percent of Nevada is owned by the federal government.

Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings.

#38 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:30 AM

I hope that this investigation shuts them down.

#39 Nick

Nick

• Islander
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 09:32 AM

The "Bambi" game is outright disgusting.  As for getting hit in sensitive spots . . .

I've never witnessed a woman getting hit in her genitals, but I've heard some claim that the breasts are just as sensitive as a man's genitals to pain--which I don't believe for a second.  I've never seen a woman struck there who curls up into the fetal position gasping for breath and writhing in pain the way that men do . . .

The best way I can describe the pain of getting kicked in the groin:  Imagine being punched in the stomach, really hard, so hard it knocks the wind out of you, and the pain travels all the way to your fingers and toes.  Now, concentrate that in an area about 1/4 the size of your stomach, and you'll have an idea. :)

Women may very well experience just as much pain in their genital area, but that area is way better protected for you gals than us guys, so the girls are  a lot less likely to get hit . . .

So . . . in short . . . it's not nice at all to kick boys where the sun don't shine. ;)

-Nick

#40 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 11:18 AM

This is really unbelievable!   Except I have seen so many unbelievable things lately it actually is not.

Well, the women are really stupid.  This is Las Vegas folks, heat, desert, running around could certainly cause dehydration, heat stroke, sun burn.  If the girls tripped and fell, all kinds of scraps and bruises.  And then there are the paint balls!

As some have said if it hits an eye, really bad news, but they may at least get to wear goggles.

As far as sensitive parts, with paint balls it is going to hurt like hell being shot in the breasts.  They are a bigger target area than the nads. And depending on where exactly (by the armpit there are glands and such, that is where it can hurt to an extreme) it could be quite damaging.  If the woman has silicon implants and they burst it is life threatening (although these days I think they use saline and not silicon)

Anyway, I trust some men to be jerks and some women to be idiots.  Maybe they all deserve each other!

As long as the women participate the men will get away with this.  They have to be the ones to say NO.

That reminds me, last night I watched Elimadate (yeah, I know it is crap...) Anyway, it was a guy picking from four women.  He was such a jerk that the two ladies that were left to chose from eliminated themselves.  They walked off and left the jerk sitting there.  It was great, I was proud of them!!!
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Women

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users