• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KRAD

KRAD

just smile and wave, boys -- smile and wave

• Demigod
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:15 AM

April 2009 is a momentous month here in KRADland, as I have, not one, not two, not three, but FOUR comic books being released in this calendar month!

The first came out this past Wednesday: Farscape #4, which concludes the arc entitled "The Beginning of the End of the Beginning," as Rygel takes another shot at his throne while the crew of Moya have to deal with a nasty invader. The status quo does notremain intact at the end of this miniseries. :D Plot by Farscape creator Rockne S. O'Bannon, script by me, art by Tommy Patterson, colors by Andrew Dalhouse, letters by Ed Dukshire, and covers by Joe Corroney (Aeryn) and Dennis Calero (Crichton). BOOM! Studios, $3.99.

Also coming this month is the first issue of the next story arc, Farscape: Strange Detractors #1. The gang heads to a commerce planet to resupply, and things go horribly awry -- 'cause, y'know, duh. Plot again by Rockne, script again by me, colors again by Andrew, letters again by Ed, covers again by Joe (Crichton, Pilot, Aeryn) and Dennis ("Leave it to Rygel"), but art now by Will Sliney. BOOM! Studios, $3.99.

This month also debuts the first side miniseries, Farscape: D'Argo's Lament #1. Flashing back to the third season (between "Revenging Angel" and "Fractures"), this is an adventure of Ka D'Argo, along with Jool, back when both were still alive. Moya needs an exotic substance to survive, and D'Argo and Jool head off in the former's newly tamed Luxan vessel (eventually named Lo'La) to track it down. Written by me all by my lonesome, with art by Neil Edwards, colors and letters by Andrew & Ed, and covers by Michael DiPascale (planet) and Will Sliney (Moya). BOOM! Studios, $3.99.

Finally, we have my first contribution to the new Star Trek comics, also the latest Alien Spotlight one-shot. To no one's surprise, it focuses on the Klingons. "Four thousand throats may be cut in a single night by a running man," goes the old Klingon saying. The Dahar master Kang, at three different points in his life, tells three different stories with that saying as its moral. Written by me, with AMAZING art and color by JK Woodward (he uses a different art style for each of Kang's three tales), letters by Robbie Robins, cover by David A. Williams (with color by Moose Baumann). IDW, $3.99.
Keith R.A. DeCandido
keith@decandido.net
www.DeCandido.net
kradical.livejournal.com

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk."
---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

#2 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

With the weather improving, sounds like a good excuse to head over to Newbury Comics.

#3 Rhys

Rhys

... a learning experience.

• Islander
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

When are those Farscape books likely to come out in Graphic Novel form?

Rhys
"It's easy to bond over hating something together - The Internet is total proof of that." Cyd/Codex, The Guild

Change the world!  No one can do everything, but everyone can do something.

#4 KRAD

KRAD

• Demigod
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:01 PM

The first miniseries should be available in hardcover soon -- with a paperback edition to follow,
Keith R.A. DeCandido
keith@decandido.net
www.DeCandido.net
kradical.livejournal.com

#5 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

Sweet.  Thanks for the update KRAD.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#6 KRAD

KRAD

• Demigod
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

Both Farscape: Strange Detractors #1 and Star Trek: Alien Spotlight: Klingons are coming out on Wednesday the 15th of April (next week). Previews of the first few pages of each have been made available, and I put them up on my blog.

Farscape: Strange Detractors #1 by O'Bannon, DeCandido, and Sliney

Star Trek: Alien Spotlight: Klingons by DeCandido and Woodward

Enjoy!
Keith R.A. DeCandido
keith@decandido.net
www.DeCandido.net
kradical.livejournal.com

#7 KRAD

KRAD

• Demigod
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

Our first flashback miniseries will kick off this coming Wednesday, the 29th of April, with BOOM! Studios' release of the first issue of Farscape: D'Argo's Lament #1. Featuring D'Argo and Jool on an adventure between "Revenging Angel" and "Fractures," this miniseries is written by me all by my lonesome (albeit with Unca Rockne looking over my shoulder), with amazing art by Neil Edwards.

Here's a preview......
Keith R.A. DeCandido
keith@decandido.net
www.DeCandido.net
kradical.livejournal.com

#8 Christopher

Christopher
  • Demigod
  • 33,234 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

Ytrehod?  Egrof?  Xocgerg?  Esseret and Kitrap?  (Of the Nedyah Neslein clan, I presume?)  I sense a theme....  (Or should I say, what roT.)

I'm wondering about the reference to a past adventure in which Xocgerg captured Zhaan and Rygel.  Clearly that wasn't from an episode.  Was it in House of Cards or something?
"You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right." -- xkcd

"The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas." -- "H. G. Wells," Time After Time

Written Worlds -- My homepage and blog
Patreon Page -- Featuring reviews and original fiction
Facebook Author Page

#9 KRAD

KRAD

• Demigod
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

It's from my  short story "Many a Mile to Freedom" in the first issue of the Farscape magazine. I wrote up a "previously on Farscape" bit that a) mentioned the events of "MaMtF" and b) established that this took place in the third season when the crew was split, shortly after "Revenging Angel," but I don't know if that made it into the final comic or not.....
Keith R.A. DeCandido
keith@decandido.net
www.DeCandido.net
kradical.livejournal.com

#10 Broph

Broph
  • Islander
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:06 AM

Update: the hardcover came out October 6 and is now available at Amazon and other retailers.

http://www.amazon.co...R...4102&sr=8-9

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users