Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Jack Kemp Dies

Obituaries Jack Kemp Representative 2009

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

http://www.baltimore...0,7985101.story

Jack Kemp, former quarterback and VP nominee, dies

By MATT APUZZO and CAROLYN THOMPSON | The Associated Press

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Jack Kemp, the ex-quarterback, congressman, one-time vice-presidential nominee and self-described "bleeding-heart conservative," died Saturday. He was 73.

Kemp died after a lengthy illness, according to spokeswoman Bona Park and Edwin J. Feulner, a longtime friend and former campaign adviser. Park said Kemp died at his home in Bethesda, Md., in the Washington suburbs.

Kemp had announced in January 2009 that he had been diagnosed with cancer. He said he was undergoing tests but gave no other details.

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., called Kemp "one of the nation's most distinguished public servants. Jack was a powerful voice in American politics for more than four decades."

I liked him.  Godspeed your journey, Jack Kemp.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#2 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

I met him a couple of times at events, and he always struck me as a decent guy who went into politics for the right reasons. Aside from his fealty to supply side economic silliness, he seemed to have pretty good policy instincts, too. My condolences to his friends, family, and supporters.
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#3 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:14 AM

I too always liked Kemp.

Geez
"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#4 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:59 AM

Yep, Jack Kemp was a treasure.  RIP

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#5 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

This is from the late Jack Kemp's website:

Jack Kemp's Letter to his 17 Grandchildren

Written in November, 2008.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#6 Hibblette

Hibblette
  • Islander
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

View PostQueenTiye, on May 3 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

This is from the late Jack Kemp's website:

Jack Kemp's Letter to his 17 Grandchildren

Written in November, 2008.

QT

What a guy-now see that's an American who happened to be a Republican.  And to me this is how everyone should see themselves in this country.
"There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of standing still."  FDR explaining why Liberals are so often divided and Conservatives are so often united.

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat."  Will Rogers

#7 Zoxesyr

Zoxesyr
  • Islander
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

Except for the little things like race baiting, homophobic fear mongering, and craven political toadying, he wasn't a typical Washington insider at all.
www.zoxesyrbautie.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Obituaries, Jack Kemp, Representative, 2009

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users