• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JustMe

JustMe

What a spectacle.

• Islander
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 02:55 PM

Warning:  I'm not as good at reporting as most and, since I mostly went for the E-Islers and not the Con, most of my comments will be about that side of things. :)

The first thing I learned won't really mean anything to anyone unless they intend on attending ComiCon next year.  Comfortable, well fitting shoes are essential to enjoying downtown/Gas Lamp San Diego.  Not having said shoes is agony.

KRAD and Ash really are cool, down to earth people (cute too ;) ).  Thanks to both of you for spending time with us.

Josh can jump just like a kangaroo.  Whether this is only while wearing a bath towel around his waist in search of clean underwear or not, I do not know.  ;)  

If you ever need roomies, you can't do better than bobdylanite, Josh or Jid.  They're fun, thoughtful and all 'round good to be around.  I, on the other hand, seem to be a bed hog.  Sorry, guys.   :blush:

Appreciate is a super organizer.  I don't think we would have had the great group dinners without her.  Thanks, Kathy.  And don't ever let her tell you she's old.  She looks like a kid and is full of energy.  :)

Lil is as kind hearted as a mother hen.  She was great at making sure everyone was accomodated.  Thanks to you and Kathy for the special foot soap.  My tootsies are now sighing with relief.  :)

Godeskian is a sweetheart, kind, gentlemanly and interesting.  I really enjoyed meeting you.  :)

I had met G1223 last year in Tulsa and knew him to be an extremely generous person.  He hasn't changed.  I really appreciated how he made sure that everyone had a place to sleep and other such details got taken care of.  Thanks, G, you did good.  :)

Which brings me to:  Never, ever stay at the Comfort Inn Downtown.  Its reservation system (or lack thereof) stinks.

Bobdylanite is as sweet as ever.  So easy to be around, and absolutely impervious to all things purple.  ;)  :)  Her older brother Jamie is a cutie who seems to wish his name was Steve.  (I never did hear why he had 'Steve' on his ComiCon badge.)  Although he feigned horror at some of the somewhat disturbing things said/done ( ;) ), I don't think it would take much for him to fit in around here.  ;)

Andulasia flat out rocks!  It was so good to see you again, Andi!  :)

Writergroupie is a sweetie full of fangirlieness and fun.  It was so great to meet you Jill.  Thanks for hanging with us as much as you could.  :)  Your enthusiasm is contageous!  

I would love to have just a smidgeon of flatlanddan's energy and resilience.  She is also a very thoughtful person.  I was falling to the back to the line that was treking to KRAD's hotel and Danielle left all the fun people to walk with me.  That was so sweet of you and much appreciated, dan, it was so much fun meeting you.  :)  

Nikki Peppermint is just as sweet as ever.  You rock!  I'm glad we got to ride to and from SD together.  Thank you for the sweet kitty, a great addition to my growing collection.   AND she had sandwiches for everybody in the group who needed one for the Con.  Very organized and giving is this young lady.  :)

Rov is, as always, Rov and even more fun when he doesn't have a voice.  Thanks for being you, kiddo.  Definitely wouldn't want it any other way.  (Rov Notes, Rov Notes I want Rov Notes!!!  :D )

Jid is a cutie and a gentleman.  It was so nice to meet Rae's purple pet in person.  :)

Silverwind, I'm so glad I got to meet you and spend time with you at the con.  :)

Rhys, you really can sleep anywhere.  Thanks for providing another photo op of that fact.  ;)

To the others I met and haven't mentioned, it was so nice to meet you or meet you again.  Having so many Ex Islers together at one time was so much fun, though it made it a bit difficult to spend time with everyone.  (((((((Ex Islers))))))

OK, con stuff.  Gordon Michael Woolvet is such a nice person.  He was signing at the ADV booth and had time for everyone who came up to him.  He never rushed, he never said 'no' to signing one more item for a person.  He is down to earth and just a really nice person.  (I noticed that I said that twice, but it is so true.  :) )

The Farscape guys:  I seemed to be interrupting Lani Tupu at the autograph table.  He was starting to make a cell phone call and I was just standing there not knowing what I should do.  Finally, EmeraldCity asked him to sign the picture I had purchased.  Which he did, nicely enough.  (EmeraldCity told Jill that he was extremely tired.  All I know is, he is a very attractive man. <sigh> :) ) Then I moved on to David Franklin, who was quietly friendly.  Since I had exchanged a few words with him, I was a bit dazed when I came to Wayne Pygram and just got his autograph and moved on to Jonathan Hardy.  Jonathan was very nice and funny.

The Joss Whedan and WB panels were good.  Halle Berry seemed very comfortable with the audience as did Joss.  He was very entertaining and informative.

All-in-all, I had a great time.  Thanks to all who went and made it so enjoyable.  ((((((((((Ex Islers))))))))))))  :)

Edited by JustMe, 02 August 2003 - 12:33 PM.

#2 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 09:06 PM

{{{{{{{{{{JM}}}}}}}}}}}} thanks for the report much as I love con reports, I like the 'people at the con' reports better :D :D

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#3 shambalayogi

shambalayogi

Fan of Many Things

• Islander
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 03:04 AM

I seem to be following Raeven around this morning reading the con reports!

{{Raeven}}  ;)

thanks, JustMe for the report!
Shamba,
I Trust SNAPE!  so .. he better be loyal!
I Knew Where NZ was before LOTR!
Frodo Lives! Long Live the King!
It may not be a time of myth and legend, but it's
definitely a time for heroes and heroines!
Shambalayogi's Retreat
Tulsa Trek Expo
Comic Con In 2008
Learn About Peak Oil

#4 Kaimia

Kaimia

Mystical Elf

• Islander
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 03:39 AM

Sounds like you had a great time!  (Although the mental image of Josh bouncing around in a towel... :eek: )

Kai :D
"Sex is an evolutionary enigma." -Kai's biology textbook

Sed non culpa mea est! -Ovid

The truth is rarely pure and never simple.  Modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility!  -Algernon from The Importance of Being Earnest

#5 Jid

Jid

Mad Prophet of Funk

• Islander
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 03:58 AM

{{{{{{{{Malinda}}}}}}}}}}

It was great to meet you too!
cervisiam tene rem specta

#6 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 08:01 AM

((((((((Malinda))))))

It was nice meeting you too!!!  

-Dan

:ninja:
My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#7 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 08:03 AM

((((Malinda))))

As always, it was a pleasure. :)
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#8 Mesmer

Mesmer
  • Just Washed Ashore
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 09:06 AM

It was great meeting you Malinda.
Thank you for the con report. I'll try to write a review as soon as I get a chance.
Gorganus

#9 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 04:34 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{Malinda}}}}}}}}} I'm still trying to find time to post...it's late again! I'll be back to read this completely!! :)  :hehe:

#10 Appreciate

Appreciate
  • Islander
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 05:27 AM

(((((((((((Malinda)))))))))))))

Thanks for the nice words.  And just think, I only slipped up ONCE and called you "Mal"! :o

Kathy ;)

Edited to add:  If you really like that soap, the store has a website for its many awesome products:  www.ritchartoils.com  I just ordered some stuff from them this morning....

Edited by Appreciate, 24 July 2003 - 06:35 AM.

"Any dolt with half a brain/Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don't know if I'll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main..."
- Billy (aka Dr. Horrible) in My Eyes from the AWESOME Dr. Horrible's SingAlong Blog

#11 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 05:31 AM

thanks Malinda,

and thanks for the trout (i'm having a douglas adams moment) :D

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#12 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 09:36 AM

{{{{{{{{{Malinda}}}}}}}}

Thanks for the lovely words  :blush:  :D ! It was sooo much fun to have you to drive with.  If anyone ever needs a navigator, I'm going to give them your name!!

Malinda would read the directions--just the next step, mind you.  I'd listen, then five minutes later have her repeat it.  Then I'd repeat it to her and ask if that was correct.  Finally, I'd have her read it again shortly thereafter.  I suck at getting places ;).

#13 JustMe

JustMe

What a spectacle.

• Islander
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 07:15 AM

It was very nice meeting you too, Gorganus.  I'm just sorry that we didn't get a chance to talk more.  If there's a next time then, maybe next time.  :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users