• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

Okay, so we have this thing called "armpit hair". But why would we have hair in a place where the body is best served by having no hair at all? Can you imagine if we had leg-pit hair? The itching, the rash, the misery, the walking around like bow-legged cowboys?

Why do men suffer from male-pattern baldness but their armpit hair doesn't fall out? Except in the shower, and in urinals.
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#2 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

I'm already regretting typing this....

Don't we have leg pit hair?
My candle burns at both its ends;
It will not last the night;
But oh, my foes, and oh, my friends --
It gives a lovely light."
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#3 gsmonks

gsmonks

Tree Psychiatrist

• Islander
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

Not in the . . . oh . . .

*shudder*
Capitalism is a pyramid scheme run by the 1%.

#4 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

Yeah....
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#5 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

Leave it to Dani to elevate (?) a topic  already massively primed for gutter conversation to a new level.  :p~

I think it's left over from our days as Apes.
Posted Image

#6 FlatlandDan

FlatlandDan

Sophisticate

• Islander
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

I blame the Welsh.

*nods*
-Edna St. Vincent Millay

#7 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I blame the Dani!

So there!  :p~
Posted Image

#8 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,172 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

I think it's to help keep from chafing. You ever notice if you shave your armpits, that you seem to notice that you're rubbing together? With the armpit hair, you don't notice it as much, cause it's acting as sort of a...barrier between skin.....

I just woke up, so that might have something to do with my train of thought...... :tired:
Posted Image

#9 Shadowfire

Shadowfire

I am a guy lol!!!

• Dead account
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

^^ Why did I just get this horrific mental image of you shaving your armpits...

PROUD STUDENT OF SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNVERSITY

View PostRobL, on Jul 20 2009, 06:35 PM, said:

Every time I see a political thread I fondle myself just a little bit.............

'I honestly cannot justify that. You see, advertising isn't an art. Appealing to the English? Use someone from Hollyoaks and diss United. Scots? Talk about how evil Thatcher was. SNP is awesome etc. Americans? Well they be thick as sh*t so short sentences and shiny things and some Jesus helps too.. French and Germans? Talk about the war. Irish? f*ck that we can't sell sh*t in Ireland. That's frankly how it all works. So what I'm trying to say is that I'm happy you're dumping all this cash into advertising... I honestly don't see what you want me to do with it.  And also, that blip in the records in June was me buying monitors.-- never ask me to be 'brutally honest' about a budget.

You of course realise that anything you post here is comprised of ASCII characters? Each character is 7 bits with a parity bit making 8... I guess that's fairly meaningless to you which is actually the point. At most your sentence is a few kilobytes and considering I'm doing a file transfer of over a billion bytes right now those bytes making up your words are invisible with their insignificance, which is exact what I think of your post. Insignificant.

#10 SparkyCola

SparkyCola

Bye

• Islander
  • 14,901 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:13 PM

I just lolled throughout the reading of this thread. Dani is *definitely* to blame for that :lol:

Just be thankful we don't have elbow pit hair.

Armpit hair would also seem to serve as a hotbed for bacteria, although maybe they are there with or without pit hair. :unsure: Maybe it's because your armpit is really quite a hot place on the outer body and it's like, advertising scent or something. I mean, before we whacked deodorant over our natural scent.

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#11 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

View PostRommieSG, on May 27 2009, 02:12 PM, said:

I think it's to help keep from chafing. You ever notice if you shave your armpits, that you seem to notice that you're rubbing together? With the armpit hair, you don't notice it as much, cause it's acting as sort of a...barrier between skin.....

I just woke up, so that might have something to do with my train of thought...... :tired:

RommieSG is right partially.  It also helps stop minor sweat from running down your arms all the time.
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#12 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,900 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:36 PM

I like to brush my armpit hair.  Each one perfectly parallel with the one nest to it.  Silky soft with the right shampoo and conditioner.  Perfect for sweat to be lead away from the body in equal spacing and with that oh so fresh scent of Axe body spray. :)
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#13 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

I knew I should have avoided opening this topic after just sitting down with dinner. lol
"It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." --- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Beryl Coronet

The Boscombe Valley Mystery: "There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." --- Ralph Waldo Emerson 'Art,' 1841

"Such welcome and unwelcome things at once, 'Tis hard to reconcile." --- Macbeth IV.III.138-9

LauraBertram.net

"Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived." -- Sylvester Stallone

Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes...Sowing the Seeds of Love - Tears4Fears

#14 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,172 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

View PostFnlPrblm, on May 27 2009, 04:13 PM, said:

View PostRommieSG, on May 27 2009, 02:12 PM, said:

RommieSG is right partially.  It also helps stop minor sweat from running down your arms all the time.
In the words of Daniel Jackson: "You mean I'm right?"
Posted Image

#15 FnlPrblm

FnlPrblm
  • Administrator
  • 12,288 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

^No.  Mother's are right, you're just correct. :hehe:

LauraBertram.net

#16 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,172 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:34 PM

View PostFnlPrblm, on May 27 2009, 08:16 PM, said:

^No.  Mother's are right, you're just correct. :hehe:
Yeah, but who goes around asking "You mean I'm correct?" Only crazy people and Stephen Fry do things like that. :p
Posted Image

#17 Chakoteya

Chakoteya

Playing Devil's Advocate

• Islander
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

You gotta keep your pheromones somewhere handy, you know.
Andromeda, Star Trek (all shows) and Doctor Who franchise episode transcripts.

Just because I didn't post a reply doesn't mean I wasn't tempted to.

#18 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

If I see or read about another of those damned ads for Axe, I think I'm going to take an axe to someone.

Under arms are hot beds of bacteria, that's what gives the sweat there the noticeable odor, decomposing bacteria.

Pheremones can be smelled but not really consciously.

Edited by Shalamar, 28 May 2009 - 02:23 PM.

The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#19 Enkephalen

Enkephalen

Peekaboo Poster

• Islander
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

For a possible reason for the hair:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Underarm_hair
Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.

#20 RommieSG

RommieSG

Heir to the Empire

• Islander
  • 17,172 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

View PostEnkephalen, on May 28 2009, 07:06 PM, said:

For a possible reason for the hair:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Underarm_hair
I haven't even clicked on the link. I'm more disturbed that there's a Wikipedia entry about it in the first place! :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users