• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 09:38 PM

Well to tell any tale we need a hero since our budget was not allowing for one I will place myself in the role

I picked Heropa up at his apartment and told him of yet another intersting idea I had.
The new new plan was drive back pick up my brother drive to one of the hotels at the airport and then after getting checked in arrange a wake up call for an hour before we were to go. We made the flight in good order and were soon on our way to our first stop Minnipolis(sp)

We got to the gate in good spirits despite having to go around half the airport to get to where we wanted to be. We sat and got comfortable with hopes the child with the need to scream and run around would be given a sleeping pill or just put down.(More about screaming children can be found in our book Children a reason for muzzels comming soon to a book store no where near you :rolleyes:)

Well we waited till a vision of lovelyness came up to us and said hello She was of course Flatland Dan who was kind enough to actually sit with us on the flight and enjoy the company of the odd people such as Heropa and myself

We waited till the plane was ready and that took forever and a day. I was tricked into thinking this was our foul up for our trip.(I am such a fool at times)

We arrived easy enough and to besure to have the promised monies to pay Dan my promised amount of money I used an ATM machine and then left for the hotel. We arrived witha trunk full fo items and discovered first I left my card in the ATM machine and the hotel would not take debit card so I paid in cash for our room whileI did the headless chicked scramble.  The short story was I had only the cash on me which while a tidy sum was maybe the only cash we had to work with.

Well after calling the bank and finding it closed (time zones suck) left a message to have the card hot sheeted and saidI would call the next day to arrange other means of getting cash to me. I wish to say here my banker is a nice guy and was helpful. I wish I coud say the same of the banks in San Deigo. I finally after getting our prereg packet for the con finally had to arrange a western Union transfer of the cash from home.(Which meant tell people back there the tale)

Well after getting the money whichwas a higher sum of Cash Heropa Dan Godiskian(sp) were kind enough to help me enjoy my success at getting cash.

Godeskian was a great help he had  done a nice walk through of the area for us. Without his help we would have had a harder if not impossible time of things.

the same day we got the banking done Usmarox arrived. He was not as bombbastic as he claimed and was a very nice person. We got him registered for the Con becasue with events going around the place it was for the best. That night we had dinner and a caught Pirates of Carribbian. Which is was great feature and worth seeing a another time which is a nice way of saying folks go see this movie.

This is days 1&2 of the gathering.

To Be Continued....
If you encounter any Trolls. You really must not forget them.
And if you want to save these shores. For Pity sake Don't Trust them.
paraphrased from H. "Breaker" Morant

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

When the fall is all that remains. It matters a great deal.

All hail the clich's all emcompassing shadow.

My playing well with other's skill has been vastly overrated

Member of the Order of the Knigths of the Woeful Countance.

#2 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,103 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 11:32 PM

{{{{Gordon}}}}}} welcome back...............great reporting ...so where's the rest? don't try pulling that ole 'I'm tired' excuse - more, more, more ... perhaps if I stamp my feet and pout a little ;)

P.S you make a fine hero :D

Edited by Raeven, 22 July 2003 - 11:32 PM.

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#3 shambalayogi

shambalayogi

Fan of Many Things

• Islander
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:58 AM

I think you make a fine hero, too, Gordon!

Thanks for the report and get some sleep and then you have to finish the rest of the report.
Shamba,
I Trust SNAPE!  so .. he better be loyal!
I Knew Where NZ was before LOTR!
Frodo Lives! Long Live the King!
It may not be a time of myth and legend, but it's
definitely a time for heroes and heroines!
Shambalayogi's Retreat
Tulsa Trek Expo
Comic Con In 2008
Learn About Peak Oil

#4 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 09:52 AM

Day 3 brings to mind the words "I hate Hills." The trips up and down them before and during the con were reasons I am so glad I will be getting something much MUCH closer to the con.

I swear if Gode and Usmarox had not been distracting me by talking to me. I would have taken the homeless guys spot along the way back a couple of times.

Well we finally had gotten word that the wine Lil needed for Sangria could be gotten in the larger format without messing anything up. Flatland Dan started to hook up with silverwind and started the multiday move out(We always seemed to find something else we forgot to give to her ot she remembered leaving it in our room.

This was the day we had the others arriving. Gode was a little bouncy(He is a Trancer after all) about meeting folks and I was glad to be the guide for the introductions when they were needed.

We had a nice mix of food sylte Pizza and Chinese. along with Lil's Sangria and a few other drinks as well as soda's Keith arrived and really set the tone with the letting our hair down and just being among friends. Richie arrived and discovered that the hotel had given his room away and needed space which was easy enough to provide.

The party was a blast maybe not as wild as Gallifrey but on par for the second gathering in Tulsa.Gode discovered that he could not count his intake but that was fine we got him bedded down when he knew he could not make it back to the hostel he was staying at.

The trip to restock that took place was humorous as we got to deal with all sorts of wackyness from Gode and Dan but all in the best of humor. And more Sangria was made. I finally got to sleep at 4 am but that was after bedding down the rest of the roomies and discovering a need to talk with folks about other sci-fi events.

Lil can be a great hostess for a small gathering and was kind even when we finally had to get out and let her sleep.

more to come as I decompress from Gen Con which is why this info took so long to post.

TANSTAAFL
If you voted for Obama then all the mistakes he makes are your fault and I will point this out to you every time he does mess up.

#5 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 09:55 AM

^

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{G}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I was no real hostess, it was really Kathy in the breakfast room and Zephyr in our room keeping it all sane (well okay, relatively sane).

Great reporting!:)

Lil
Posted Image

#6 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Alli memories...just a baby!

• 16,477 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:13 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Jul 27 2003, 03:45 PM, said:

I was no real hostess, it was really Kathy in the breakfast room and Zephyr in our room keeping it all sane (well okay, relatively sane).
Wellllllll.....Nikki helped out a tiny bit by bringing lots of stuff we needed to the breakfast room ;) :D!

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 28 July 2003 - 12:13 PM.

#7 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:14 PM

^

Yeah, we can't forget our drink mixer who sacrificed her own fun to keep the rest of us drunk. :love:
"THE UNICORNS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH!" - John Burke.

#8 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:16 PM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Nikki}}}}}}}}}}}}

More than just a little bit.

Go team!!!!!!

:D

Lil
Posted Image

#9 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

• 16,477 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:18 PM

Josh, on Jul 27 2003, 06:04 PM, said:

^

Yeah, we can't forget our drink mixer who sacrificed her own fun to keep the rest of us drunk. :love:
Awwwwwwwww....I needed that right now {{{{{{Josh}}}}}}}

But I *did* find my drink the next night which made up for it :D!!

{{{{{{{{{Lil}}}}}}}} The punch bowl and pitcher are still drunk ;)!!

#10 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:21 PM

Nikki Peppermint, on Jul 27 2003, 06:08 PM, said:

:eek:

Ooooooookay, now *that's* a new one!!!!!

And {{{{{{{{{{{{Nikki}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sounds like you need an extra one or three.:)

Lil
Posted Image

#11 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

• 16,477 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:26 PM

Una Salus Lillius, on Jul 27 2003, 06:11 PM, said:

Nikki Peppermint, on Jul 27 2003, 06:08 PM, said:

:eek:

Ooooooookay, now *that's* a new one!!!!!

And {{{{{{{{{{{{Nikki}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Sounds like you need an extra one or three.:)

Lil
I can't help it if your sangria is potent!! ;) :D

And an extra one or three Seabreezes?  OKAY :D!!!!!!!!!

#12 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:27 PM

^

Yeah, that sangria was some strong stuff! :p

If I were a math major, I would be writing a formula to determine how many seabreezes equals a glass of Lil's sangria. ;)

#13 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:30 PM

Nikki Peppermint, on Jul 27 2003, 06:16 PM, said:

I can't help it if your sangria is potent!! ;) :D

And an extra one or three Seabreezes?  OKAY :D!!!!!!!!!
LOL!

And, coming right up.

Oh and Joshie  don't bother.  My sangria is beyond mere scientific analysis...

;)

Lil
Posted Image

#14 Josh

Josh

He stares...

• Islander
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:30 PM

^

I'm sure the group that got lost looking for the ingredients can back you up on that one. ;)

#15 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 02:48 PM

Who got lost. Ralph's is eight blocks away with a hill I would nopt want to rollerstake down let alone walk up.to get back to the hotel.

Edited by G1223, 28 July 2003 - 03:44 PM.

TANSTAAFL

#16 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,900 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 04:37 PM

G1223, on Jul 27 2003, 10:42 PM, said:

We had a nice mix of food sylte Pizza and Chinese. along with Lil's Sangria and a few other drinks as well as soda's Keith arrived and really set the tone with the letting our hair down and just being among friends. Richie arrived and discovered that the hotel had given his room away and needed space which was easy enough to provide.
Yes, it was nice being amongst great friends :)  And, it wasn't Richie whose room was given away, it was mine.  Richie was gracious enough to let me sleep in his room so that I wouldn't be keeping the homeless company that night.  Thank you Richie.  This was such a great weekend.  I just love reading and rereading the posts that talk about it.  Thanks G1223 :)  It was good to meet you.
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

#17 Godeskian

Godeskian

You'll be seein' rainbooms

• Islander
  • 26,839 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 04:52 PM

Welcome back G, hope you had a blast at gencon

and you do know i want a report from that as well right? :p

Defy Gravity!

The Doctor: The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles... and that's a theory. Nine hundred years and I've never seen one yet, but this will do me.

#18 The Tyrant

The Tyrant

Beneath the Surface Lies the Future

• Islander
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 06:41 PM

A Karas, on Jul 28 2003, 12:27 AM, said:

G1223, on Jul 27 2003, 10:42 PM, said:

Yes, it was nice being amongst great friends :)  And, it wasn't Richie whose room was given away, it was mine.  Richie was gracious enough to let me sleep in his room so that I wouldn't be keeping the homeless company that night.  Thank you Richie.  This was such a great weekend.  I just love reading and rereading the posts that talk about it.  Thanks G1223 :)  It was good to meet you.
G is referring to Friday night.....my room had indeed been given away, as I ended up bunking with him, Heropa, usmarox and Godeskian....for which I am extremely grateful. By Saturday, they'd freed up a room for me, enabling me to make the offer of a place to crash for you, A Karas......

Next time, I'm shelling out for the Marriott......much nicer.......though, knowing my luck, they'll still overbook and not have a room for me....  :p

#19 G1223

G1223

The Blunt Object.

• Dead account
  • 16,164 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 02:32 AM

Well as Richie said they worked out his rooming situation quickly enough. That Saturday was spent at Con. I started to get info about a possible con suite for next year.(Yes I am looking at this as a possibility.)  They have a two story suite for $3,500 a day with two bedrooms 6 balconies(What would someone do with 6 balconies is beyond understanding for me.) but as that is WAY beyond what I would be up for I will sadly pass. The other one is a one bedroom unit with atached suite for under $800 a nightwith a possible lesser fee for the other ajoining bedroom which might be the way we go with this. But more about rooming for 04 later.

I went to the Stargate discussion and it was great. Amanada and Don where very friendly towards the crowd andthe whole of discussion was focused on the show. It ending with the three other cast members sending greetings via tape as they could not make the con. with Chris Judge acting as if we (The Con) were just a single person and told us to have a great time and ended with the Jaffa line of Krieg which means attention to the privious order.

ThenI made my way to JMS and Jerimia(sp) panels. Joe was talking about the show and it's realistic approch to the science aspects of show. They also talked about working in Canada and the parts characters and the actors working them. It is enough that I will consider getting the dvd set when it comes out.

The JMS panel was fun as Rov has likely told already. Joe was amzing(to my pov) person and while he has a intense dislike for Trek (I understand while disagreeing) is a great storyteller he has branched off to Comics and even a non fiction book was published in the past.

We made our way back to the hotel as Joss was filled up with folks even before the previous panel was finished. So I did not even try to stay for it. We made contact with(We being myself and Heropa) a few others and started to work out who where and when dinner was.

Diner was a confusion(Kathy you did as well as one could under the circumstances)
with Ash,Keith and a few other folks I never got to sit down with and meet. I got to eat a little bit but sadly missed on getting to visit with any of our guests(There is always next year and having a site near by to rejoin at is a must) I got to give Ash his Evil Dead lunchbox that he have his lovely wife make him lunch and maybe even with the crust cut off the sandwich :lol:

We also set about wandering Sandiego's Gas Light after the meal. with our band settling in at the lobby of the Hilton where I finally left them after midnight as there was much to do Sunday which including packing for monday.

TANSTAAFL

#20 Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Where's the rum?

• Islander
  • 14,900 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 06:43 PM

My bad.  I didn't know you had the same thing happen to you RichieAvatar.   My apologies to you and G1223. :)
Posted Image
689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama in 2012:

https://www.national...at-barack-obama

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users