Health Plastic Surgery 2009

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

We were recently talking about plastic surgery and I mentioned floating rib removals done by actresses and models for smaller waists, and was told by a posted that the poster didn't believe such a thing happens.

So here you go:

http://www.streaming...extremerib.html

The plastic surgeon talks about how he only does the rib removal on short-waisted women. Umm.....

It's linked to body dysmorphism:

http://breast-health...e_more_suicides

Mrs Sheyla Hershey, 28, a Brazilian-born singer, actress and model living in Houston, Texas has a bust size of 38kkk after a series of breast implants over many years. She made the headlines in the US earlier this year when she commented that she was contemplating to have further breast augmentation surgery to give her the biggest breasts in the world. With 11 breast enhancements, Mrs Hershey says each of her breasts contains 6,000cc of silicone. She eventually wants 10,000cc per breast.She has already scheduled her next procedure for November, in Brazil. She's also had another 21 procedures done, including liposuction, butt implants, and removing two ribs for a smaller waist. Readers of this news clip might find it bizarre and somewhat amusing. However, doctors and researchers are keen to find out why some women will go through all these surgical procedures for bigger breasts. Besides they are on to another more serious and heavy topic, that of increased incidence of suicide and death in women with cosmetic implants.

Another link:

http://annecollins.n...-body-image.htm

Floating rib removal is usually done in conjunction with a tummy tuck.

When I was looking for the link, I was stunned to find out how many women are using corsets today. The damn things are dangerous, and I thought they went out almost a century ago.

Edited by Rhea, 10 June 2009 - 07:42 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#2 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:02 PM

I looked up pictures of that lady, and about fell out of The Chair. Thats not sexy, much less sensual, it's...grotesque...

And I knew about rib removal surgery, but certainly didn't think it was making a comeback from back from the late 1800's - I was about to say 'the days of corset's, but I do know how popular those are nowadays -

and yes Rhea it is a very quiet movement.
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#3 NeuralClone

NeuralClone
  • Islander
  • 23,092 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:15 PM

View PostShalamar, on Jun 11 2009, 12:02 AM, said:

I looked up pictures of that lady, and about fell out of The Chair. Thats not sexy, much less sensual, it's...grotesque...
I agree. That isn't remotely sexy or sensual. It's freaking disgusting.

I'm all for curves and stuff but that's WAY beyond what I'd consider remotely appealing. :barf: I'll take the natural waists any day, "flaws" and all.

Edited by NeuralClone, 10 June 2009 - 11:18 PM.

"My sexuality's not the most interesting thing about me."
— Cosima Niehaus, Orphan Black, "Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion"

#4 Avalon

Avalon
  • Islander
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:24 PM

View PostRhea, on Jun 10 2009, 08:11 PM, said:

The plastic surgeon talks about how he only does the rib removal on short-waisted women. Umm.....

The space between the top of my hip bone and the bottom of my rib cage is barely over one inch.  It's annoying and uncomfortable at times.  But getting ribs removed just to have a small waist?  Ugh!

Body dysmorphism is a hideous thing, though.  (A triple-K bust?!!?  Eww.)  When your very perceptions are so screwed up... :headshake: ...well, they have my sympathies.  I don't understand why the surgeons just go ahead and do this stuff.  While, yes, they leave a certain portion of the rib for protection, it still can't be good for the structural integrity of the human body.  Geez.

#5 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:32 AM

Avalon, like you I have a Very short waist, and boy has it been a pain at times but I'd never think of having a lower rib removed ( though technically the last floating rib is just an unnecessary extra, or so I've been given to understand )
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#6 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

Yikkkes!    :(
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#7 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

She looks like she'd need a dolly to carry those....things around.  :suspect:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#8 Nikcara

Nikcara

confused little imp

• Islander
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

She looks like she has beach balls stuck to her chest.  I took a quick look at her website (I was curious) and apparently she's quite proud of them (she has photo galleries of "her twins").  But...eeewwwww
We have fourty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse  -- Rudyard Kipling

Develop compassion for your enemies, that is genuine compassion.  Limited compassion cannot produce this altruism.  -- H. H. the Dalai Lama

#9 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:33 PM

Well, at least she won't drown if she falls off a ship. :p :p
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#10 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

View PostNikcara, on Jun 13 2009, 06:42 PM, said:

She looks like she has beach medicine balls stuck to her chest.

Fixed it for you. :p Those things are so big they have their own climate. :p

I wonder how long before the back problems start. :p :p

And another thing-does she steer with her boobies? :p I keep seeing her boobs getting in the way of actual driving. :p~

:headshake:

Edited by Ghost Rider, 13 June 2009 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#11 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

View PostShalamar, on Jun 11 2009, 12:02 AM, said:

I looked up pictures of that lady, and about fell out of The Chair.

That's because YOUR boobies aren't as big, I'll bet. ;) There's not enough gravity for you to fall out of your chair. ;)

:devil:

Edited by Ghost Rider, 13 June 2009 - 06:44 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Shalamar

Shalamar

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

Like it's said in a recent movie "I've always been a bit busty..." but how can someone be proud of such fakes?

Posted Image

#13 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:15 PM

View PostGhost Rider, on Jun 13 2009, 04:33 PM, said:

Well, at least she won't drown if she falls off a ship. :p :p
:howling:
- Robert A. Heinlein

#14 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:25 PM

View PostShalamar, on Jun 13 2009, 10:38 PM, said:

but how can someone be proud of such fakes?

Hey...it worked for Michael Jackson. :p :p

But, If
You're Thinkin'
About My Baby
It Don't Matter If You're
Black Or White

Really, Mikey? It sure seems to matter to you, Paleface. :p~
Posted Image

#15 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:56 PM

dear god that f*ck*ng ridiculous... how can she do that to herself? how can she possibly think that's sexy? and shame on the plastic surgeons for going along with it. ugh... :glare:
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#16 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:44 AM

View PostNikcara, on Jun 13 2009, 03:42 PM, said:

She looks like she has beach balls someone's fat ass stuck to her chest.  I took a quick look at her website (I was curious) and apparently she's quite proud of them (she has photo galleries of "her twins").  But...eeewwwww

There fixed that again. It seriously looks like an ass stuck on her chest. Yuck. I can barely handle being a B size (banging into things - ouch, pain at that time of the month, finding the right fitting bra, etc. ect.) being that huge, by choice no less, is simply insane.
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health, Plastic Surgery, 2009

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users