Palisade, on Aug 7 2009, 07:30 AM, said:
^ My link links to the thread where I excerpt the relevant paragraphs and give a link to the full article. The two excerpted paragraphs in the other thread are from page 5 of the article, IIRC.
This is good news for UnitedHealth, which benefits when patients pick up more of the tab. In late spring, the Finance Committee was assuming a 76% reimbursement rate on average, meaning consumers would be responsible for paying the remaining 24% of their medical bills, in addition to their insurance premiums. Stevens and his UnitedHealth colleagues urged a more industry-friendly ratio. Subsequently the committee reduced the reimbursement figure to 65%, suggesting a 35% contribution by consumers—more in line with what the big insurer wants. The final figures are still being debated.
None of that is fact, it's all conjecture. But I will applaud you for posting the link to the heinous goings on that the Insurance Industry and lobbyests like UnitedHealth and the Lewin Group. All of our ears should perk up when we hear from the Lewin Group, they are the biggest and loudest (for now) lobbying group for insurers out there and whatever way they can f*ck us over and get more money from us they will do, thus the need for reform. I hope that President Obama will stick to his guns.
Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.
"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality" by HRC