113 replies to this topic

#1 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:04 AM

View PostNonny, on Aug 16 2009, 05:15 PM, said:

I think it's amazing that you kept finding me in that crowd.   :D   Are you preregistered for next year?  I found out that Janet Evanovich will be there.  Darkhorse Comics signed her for a graphic novel for the third installment of her Alexandra Barbaby series, so I sent in a question about Comic-Con 2010 and will she be attending to her website and got an immediate yes!    :)
I did do pre-reg for next year. I have a feeling that pretty soon it's going to be the only way to guarantee a 4-day pass!  I hope I am better organized next year though.  I feel like I missed so much the first two days trying to go back and forth from Hall H and waiting in those lines for 1-2 hours a piece.
---Tamara
"Night; and once again  while I wait for you, cold wind turns into rain." ---Shiki Masaoka (1867-1902)

#2 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 28,089 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

View PostTamara, on Aug 17 2009, 06:04 AM, said:

View PostNonny, on Aug 16 2009, 05:15 PM, said:

I think it's amazing that you kept finding me in that crowd.   :D   Are you preregistered for next year?  I found out that Janet Evanovich will be there.  Darkhorse Comics signed her for a graphic novel for the third installment of her Alexandra Barbaby series, so I sent in a question about Comic-Con 2010 and will she be attending to her website and got an immediate yes!    :)
I did do pre-reg for next year. I have a feeling that pretty soon it's going to be the only way to guarantee a 4-day pass!  I hope I am better organized next year though.  I feel like I missed so much the first two days trying to go back and forth from Hall H and waiting in those lines for 1-2 hours a piece.
---Tamara
Yeah, this was my second time, and the first time I did the whole thing, so I'm hoping next year to be better organized and more clued in.  We can help each other plan, and I think we should start as soon as four day passes go on sale, to encourage folks to get them before it's too late.  I dined and breakfasted at Whole Foods every day, and every time somebody recognized my Comic-Con daze and told me how much they wanted to go, and which friends and coworkers had scored the days off to attend.   :)  

Last month eechick and I got together a week before and I must admit having the cell phone helped a lot.   :)
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live  http://emmaglitch.com/
because every disabled veteran deserves a fighting chance for a good life!

Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"One man's vulgarity is another's lyric."  Justice John Marshall Harlan, 1971

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.  

If the Dems are "job killers" then the GOP are job abortionists.  

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

Tea Party organizers may want to run away from the facts, but they're not that fast, and the American people are not that slow.  Charles M. Blow

GOP holding up health care, your money or your life.  

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

Continue to say nothing if you agree. House

If corporations are people, NBC was my first wife!  P J O'Rourke

#3 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:50 PM

I agree- I have been encouraging everyone who seems interested to buy the 4-day pass as soon as it goes on-line in 2010.  We went to Ralphs EVERY morning and it was ideal to pick up breakfast and lunch.  Dinner became gathering time, but I'm beginning to think it is smarter to bring dinner too and meet at the convention center- we wasted tons of time trying to find restaurants near the con...although it was good fun once we got in.

I knew the cell phone was essential, I just wish I had realized that texting was the way to go from the start, because I had several messages that I just couldn't hear a darn thing and I know I missed meeting folks.

We will do so much better next year.
---Tamara
"Night; and once again  while I wait for you, cold wind turns into rain." ---Shiki Masaoka (1867-1902)

#4 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 28,089 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

View PostTamara, on Aug 22 2009, 04:50 PM, said:

I knew the cell phone was essential, I just wish I had realized that texting was the way to go from the start, because I had several messages that I just couldn't hear a darn thing and I know I missed meeting folks.

We will do so much better next year.
---Tamara
Yep.  I had the same problem with calls.  Next time I see eechick, I'll have to remember to get her to show me how to text.  We have the same model phone.   :)

Posted Image

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.  

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

Tea Party organizers may want to run away from the facts, but they're not that fast, and the American people are not that slow.  Charles M. Blow

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#5 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 28,089 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

Got my confirmation and receipt for 2010, Attendee with Preview Night.  Yay!

Posted Image

#6 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:16 PM

View PostNonny, on Aug 23 2009, 10:39 PM, said:

Got my confirmation and receipt for 2010, Attendee with Preview Night.  Yay!

Got mine too!  Now, just need to get the hotel worked out.  I'd love to get the Marriott again, but the Doubletree wasn't bad.  I just enjoy staying on the water and close to the con.
---Tamara

#7 Orpheus

Orpheus

Get my agent! I'm supposed to be Castathan, not Indogene

• Administrator
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:39 PM

I split this discussion off, because I thought more people would find it an join in under a separate title.

Also I didn't want it archived along with the Comicon 9 stuff. It'll be a live topic for almost another year.

#8 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 28,089 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

Thanks, Orpheus!    :happy:

Posted Image

#9 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

The site says "online registration coming soon".  Is there some other way to register now or is that only for people who attended last time.  I just want to know so I can make sure to register before it's sold out or something.
Posted Image

#10 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 28,089 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

As far as I know, finding out when registration opens and getting there before the site crashes is the best option left.  We preregistered during Comic-Con, and here's something new: not all 4 day passes get you Preview Night anymore.

Posted Image

#11 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

I never go to preview night anyways.
Posted Image

#12 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 28,089 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

That's okay then.   :)   We should keep an eye on this, make sure we find out when registration opens and get the word out.  It's to our benefit to have as many friends there as possible.    :cool:

Posted Image

#13 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

View PostNonny, on Aug 26 2009, 07:01 PM, said:

That's okay then.   :)   We should keep an eye on this, make sure we find out when registration opens and get the word out.  It's to our benefit to have as many friends there as possible.    :cool:

I don't recall the tickets going on sale before January this past year though, but I did pre-reg last year too.  Anyone recall when the web opened up for sales?
---Tamara

#14 Nonny

Nonny

• Islander
  • 28,089 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

View PostTamara, on Aug 27 2009, 01:09 PM, said:

View PostNonny, on Aug 26 2009, 07:01 PM, said:

I don't recall the tickets going on sale before January this past year though, but I did pre-reg last year too.  Anyone recall when the web opened up for sales?
---Tamara
I don't remember, but since they've made a few changes, like the 4-day pass not necessarily including Preview Night and the prices going up to $50/100, I'd keep an eye on the website to make sure we know when registration opens.

Posted Image

#15 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

IIRC, the site opened for online registration in late August of last year. I plan to attend next year & work a couple of shifts before the con starts.

#16 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:09 PM

Online registration for Comic-Con 2010 is now open.

http://comic-con.org/cci/

Edited by eechick, 17 September 2009 - 02:11 PM.

#17 Tamara

Tamara

Steward of Harvard

• Islander
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:18 PM

View Posteechick, on Sep 17 2009, 03:09 PM, said:

Online registration for Comic-Con 2010 is now open.

http://comic-con.org/cci/

And the crazyness begins!  If only they let you book your hotel based on the order you bought your pass. Heck! Even if they let people with the 4-day pass order first at the Con rat I'd be thrilled.
---Tamara

#18 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

• Islander
  • 38,844 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:36 PM

I just registered.  It's the same price for 4 days with preview as it is for 4 days without so I don't know why anyone wouldn't order it with preview...
Posted Image

#19 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

Oh, I agree. And I think they are only allowing people to pick up their badges on Wednesday if they've purchase them with preview.

Edited by eechick, 06 October 2009 - 07:39 PM.

#20 eechick

eechick
  • Islander
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:56 AM

According to the Union-Tribune, 4 day passes sold out last Friday. Single day passes will go on sale December 15th.

Edited by eechick, 13 November 2009 - 10:56 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users