Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Atomic Sunrise VII: Discussion

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 Ishmael Autolycus

Ishmael Autolycus

A wanderer, and a picker-up of unregarded trifles.

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

Okay, so Ishmael is off trading and Sophie is back in camp where

Sophie ducked her head slightly as she emerged from the large tent that she shared with Ishmael. The green flap fell back into place but remained unzipped, but not before revealing a book laying face down on a sleeping back.
Now have Sophie and Ishmael "opened up" their relationship, so to speak- and if so with whom- or does Ishmael have some competition?

#42 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Ooops!! That was supposed to be "bag"....of all the typos to make!!!!  :o *goes to fix*

No open relationship, no competition :wink:.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 05 September 2009 - 03:53 PM.

#43 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,734 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

My post is fixed-sorry for the misunderstanding, I can only blame it being early and Saturday morning when I was reading.

#44 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

LOL! No worries...you know my beginnings are always so involved  :whistle:.

Okay, fun stuff coming up :devil:. I'll wait until this evening (my time, Monday night) Tuesday night before posting to give a bit more time for those that need to get their characters into the game. Otherwise, just join in at the current action when you get a chance :). I may have "placed" your characters somewhere just to get them involved, Brit and szh, if you've not posted, so watch for that.

Edit to change 'Monday' to 'Tuesday' as I've run out of time tonight :wink:.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 07 September 2009 - 08:00 PM.

#45 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:30 AM

i'm afraid i won't be able to participate after all :( what with school, my job, and friends, i won't have as much time to devote to an RPG. :( i'm really sorry 'cause i'd love to keep playing. feel free to use Tim and Carolyne, and maybe eventually i'll have time to take another whack at it. have fun guys :hugs:
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#46 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

Aww, that's a shame, szh :(. We'll miss you.

I will use Carolyne and Tim as npc's, though, so thanks for the permission. I had plans for them this game, so it'll work out fine. We'll see about the next story.

#47 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

Alrighty Szh, not my thread however....

Since you're busy, unless you state otherwise I'm gonna keep Teyna aboard the Path of Dawn as a background NPC like Arion and Jaren, and Breanna can stay at the Inn as a guardian of sorts. That way you can come back with them at any time, but I won't be dragging them around on adventures and missions and such.
Rejected and gone.

#48 Ishmael Autolycus

Ishmael Autolycus

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:06 PM

View PostNikki Peppermint, on Sep 5 2009, 04:51 PM, said:

Ooops!! That was supposed to be "bag"....of all the typos to make!!!!  :o *goes to fix*

No open relationship, no competition :wink:.

I sort of figured that, but I couldn't resist yanking your tail a little.  ;)
And let us, ciphers to this great accompt,
On your imaginary forces work.

-Wm. Shakespeare Henry V Prologue

Now, was it just the eggs? Or was the ham green as well?

#49 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:04 AM

LOL, Ishmael...a little tail yanking now and this is always fun :wink:.

Yay!! Fighting and bloodshed :devil:!

So far it's an awesome start :D. I have to work all day and tonight (Wednesday) so that'll give everyone a chance to enter the fighting...then we'll see what your evil GM has in mind after that.

#50 szhismine

szhismine

why must you hurt me in this way Harry...

• Islander
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:08 PM

View PostEvilMikoto, on Sep 8 2009, 01:48 PM, said:

Alrighty Szh, not my thread however....

Since you're busy, unless you state otherwise I'm gonna keep Teyna aboard the Path of Dawn as a background NPC like Arion and Jaren, and Breanna can stay at the Inn as a guardian of sorts. That way you can come back with them at any time, but I won't be dragging them around on adventures and missions and such.

that's fine (sorry for dropping the ball, i feel bad about abandoning your RPs :( )
Neville: "My grandmother forbids me from using raunchy language."
Harry: "Well your grandmother is a Blast-Ended Skank!"
Neville: *GASP*
Hermione: "He doesn't mean it Neville, he's just testing out some wizard swears."
Harry: "I mean every word I ever say ever, because I'm Harry Potter." --'Wizard Swears', Potter Puppet Pals

Hermione: "What's your problem Harry?"
Harry: "My parents are dead, my life sucks, I can't hold down a girlfriend, and I'm surrounded by f*ck*ng goblins and sh*t all the time. I mean what the f*ck?"
Ron: "But it's magic Harry. The goblins are magical!" --'Wizard Angst', Potter Puppet Pals

Me: "It's just a matter of looking past [McKay's] arrogant exterior to see his warm, fuzzy, probably angst-filled interior."
Hawkeye: "You harperchondriac girls think everyone has an angst filled interior."

"Good gods, you sniff out angst like a police dog sniffs out drugs." --Lyric (to me)

#51 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:19 PM

Just a quick note...I have to work on something for RL which will delay continuing just for a day or so. I wanted to get information out and move to the next part tonight, but I'll do it Friday or Saturday now. :)

#52 Raeven

Raeven

Having a Mads moment

• Administrator
  • 24,343 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:39 AM

Nikki, just to let you know that I will not be around very much at all this weekend.

It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong ~ Castiel

#53 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:03 AM

Have fun!! :wink:

And I'm sick anyway...stayed home yesterday from work at the school and now have to work at the store today.

#54 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:17 PM

Okay, we're back :D. Well, I'm back...the cold wasn't really so bad.

It's okay if everything is a little confusing while we post :D.

People are returning, they'll have to make sure others are okay...

There'll be injuries to tend to...

People will be reported missing and stories need to be heard...

But don't worry! A big rescue is coming, so be patient for a bit. It might take awhile :wink:, but only a short time will pass in game time. So have fun posting and don't go racing off into the woods. I'm going to let everyone post if possible before moving on too quickly.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 14 September 2009 - 06:28 PM.

#55 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:27 PM

The worms are something like this :evil:... and really big!!

worm.jpg

#56 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

ROFL at Lorei and what she told the Sisters :lol:.

I totally laughed :D!!

#57 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

:D I'm glad you liked it.

Deliberately being offensive and insulting as possible is all part of her plan. Well, a plan within plans actually. None of them are actually 'winnable' but you know what Lorei is like. She's a bit angry and is determined to make things as difficult as possible. :angel:
Rejected and gone.

#58 Ishmael Autolycus

Ishmael Autolycus

• Islander
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:21 PM

Nikki-

I'm going out of town tomorrow and probably will not have internet access until I'm back on Tuesday. Move Ishmael around as you need and I'll pick up when I get back.

Thanks,

IA
And let us, ciphers to this great accompt,
On your imaginary forces work.

-Wm. Shakespeare Henry V Prologue

Now, was it just the eggs? Or was the ham green as well?

#59 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

Okay, Ishmael, thanks for letting me know :).

We'll get rolling again this afternoon or evening...depending on how much time I have at work to play :wink:. Since I work Wednesday nights, they are full and Thursday mornings I get up late.

#60 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

I started thinking that perhaps someone might want to have their characters develop new or dormant mutations now that they've been out in the world, so to speak, a bit more. Or even increase or develop the ones your character has. And they don't have to come from this list...this is just from the books. Nor do you have to do this at all...I just thought I'd put the offer out there. Of course, let me know first what you're thinking about :). (Most of the below is from the first discussion thread.)

Note: I added some more of the stranger mutations in my book :angel:.

Mutations are common in our postapocalyptic world, from horrid brutes maddened by radiation burns to humans than seem perfectly normal. Mutations can be pronounced to unnoticeable. Although mutants are common in certain areas and even have their own societies, most moderate to extreme mutants are not usually perceived positively.  But we will use any mutations to their best advantage!

Animals and other creatures can also experience mutations (which will lead us to *a lot* of fun! :wink: )

Cosmetic mutations: Changes appearance in some way. No other use to the person/creature.

Minor mutations: Changes appearance and grants a beneficial (minor) special ability or useful feature.

Major mutations: Fundamentally changes the genetic and physiology. Grants a beneficial special ability or feature that would not normally exist in the person/creature.

Drawbacks: Minor or major mutations have drawbacks to offset them, such as special disabilities or vulnerabilities.
(I'm not listing these as I figure no one would want to be at a disadvantage and they aren't "fun".)

COSMETIC:
Extra digits – one extra on each hand and foot
Forked tongue – like that of a snake, may be different color/length
Horns – not capable of damage to anyone
Scaly skin – thin layer of scales covering flesh, smooth and dry, may only occur in patches or all over
Unnatural eyes – color changes dramatically to uncommon color (dead black, change color, glow)
Unnatural hair – color changes to uncommon color (multi, streaked, splotched, etc)
Unnatural skin – color changes to unnatural hue or texture (single, splotched, pattern, or change color based on outside stimuli)
Unnatural voice – changes in pitch (more lyrical, raspy, whispery, gutteral)

MINOR:
Acidic saliva - saliva can burn other creatures like acid
Adrenaline jolt - can flood bloodstream with extreme amounts of adrenaline to temporarily boost strength once per day
Chameleon skin – changes color to match surroundings  
Claws - hands are the claws, not just fingertips; you can modify to just the nails.
Darkvision – can see in total darkness out to 60 feet, black and white only
Direction sense – when awake can always perceive true north
Energy diffusion – ability to withstand energy (cold, electricity, fire, OR sonic/concussion) increases
Fangs
Gills – able to draw oxygen out of water, operate underwater indefinitely without drowning or on surface – appear near windpipe or lungs on neck, chest, or back
Great horns - have horns capable of damaging or gorging a target, may be curled like a ram's or pointed like a bull's
Hypersensitivity – particularly (unnaturally) sensitive to your surroundings
Leaper - ability to leap incredible distances
Radiation resistance – can ignore the effects of some levels of radiation
Scaly armor - thick, overlapping scales cover your body, scales are hard but dry to the touch
Scent – detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, track by sense of smell; also identify familiar odors the way humans do familiar sights
Second wind – can shrug off minor wounds with ease
Tail – fur-covered, slender and whiplike, scaly – improves balance and serves as weapon but cannot grip with it. (see lower for useful tail)
Thick fur coat – thick, protective layer of fur over body
Ultra immune system - develop a powerful immune system capable of repelling many poisons, diseases, and radiation sickness
Wall crawler – can walk walls and cling to ceilings like a spider with tiny barbs on hand and feet; fingers and toes secrete a transparent adhesive that lets to you cling to smooth surfaces; must be barefoot with no gloves
Webbed digits – grow webbing between fingers or toes and can move more easily through liquids

MAJOR:
Thick hide – skin is tough and resilient
Ultra immune system – develop a powerful immune system capable of repelling many poisons, diseases, radiation sickness
Adaptive body – your body can adapt to better absorb different types of weapon damage (one at a time: ballistic, bludgeoning, piercing, slashing)
Blindsight - can perceive things in immediate vicinity (within 15 feet) without sight
Danger sense – mild form of precognition that warns you of impending attack
Dual brains - have two brains, one in the head and one in another location
Echolocator – ability to absorb sound waves and translate them into mental images that accurately portray the surrounding environment
Elasticity – can bend and twist your body in unnatural ways and squeeze through very tight spaces
Energy absorption – can absorb impressive amounts of harmful energy
Enlarged form – grow freakishly large for your species
Exoskeleton – thick exoskeleton forms over your skin, usually consists of interlocking plates of bone or chitin covering 90% or more of your body
Pheromone attraction – can regulate the production of pheromones in your body and release them at will, altering the mood of nearby creatures
Plant traits - have plantlike traits, although not a plant, but skin turns a ripe shade of green and eyes are a dull yellow
Prehensile tail – the tail can grasp and hold objects
Prickly pear - bony spurs or chitinous spikes protrude from your joints, giving you a jagged profile and making you dangerous to grapple
Quadruped – move swiftly on all fours
Radioactive – are immune to some radiation and can emit bursts of harmful radiation from your body
Skeletal reinforcement – your bones become more resilient, allowing you to withstand greater amounts of punishment
Telekinetic mind – can move an unattended object (up to 5 pounds) 15 feet in any direction; must be able to see the object; must concentrate, if concentration is broken object falls
Venomous bite – natural bite attack injects poison into victim’s bloodstream
X-ray vision – can see into and through solid objects: 1 foot of brick or stone; 1 inch of metal or composite alloy; up to 3 feet through wood, plaster, dirt; Thicker substances block x-ray vision; have maximum of 20 feet; can see as if looking at something in normal light, even with no illumination.

The ones in red are the one that our characters are already using, but that doesn't mean they can't be used again.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 17 September 2009 - 04:50 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users