• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

Nick: Though I don't necessarily disagree with the quote, it wasn't me who said it smile.gif I dunno, I have a sentimental attachment to 4-6 but I thought 3 was great too (1 was by far the worst, 2 was second worst, but 3 was good).
Return of the Jedi is really the only Star Wars movie I just don't like at all. Rottentomatoes.com had an interesting feature a while back that revealed the new trilogy was actually better reviewed than the original trilogy. When the original trilogy was rereleased to theaters back in the 90's, the films received universally positive "new" reviews based on their status as classics. But upon the original release of Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope in 1977, most jackass reviewers thought it wasn't the type of movie "serious" critics should praise.  

Where were you last night?
Where was I? C'mon Nittany, I thought you of all people would see right through my Kanye West disguise. Speaking of which, the real Kanye hasn't moved a muscle in over 72 hours. :( Maybe I should loosen his shackles... :(

Giants or Jets? (or college ball)
JETS BABY!  That's right...I like my teams CURSED! :cool:

Ginger or Mary Ann?
Uh, Mary Ann...duh!  :thumbs-up:

Watch her break it down for 10 year old boys everywhere.

Xena or Gabrielle?
Uh, Gabrielle..duh!  :thumbs-up: Something in a Season 5 Gabby will do nicely thank you. I hear she gives great Chakram...  :look:

Bourbon or Beer? (or - what's your favorite libation?)
Bacardi and Coke with a twist of lime...works every time.

Have you ever fashioned one of your characters around youself, and if so - will you post a frame?
I did appear as myself in a single panel, in a horribly drawn comic I did way back in High School. If I can track in down here in the "ruins" I will scan it up for you.

Who would you least like to get stuck on an elevator with?
Celebrity - Gary Coleman(saw him at comiccon years ago, and I'm still creeped out :eek: )
Politician - Sarah Palin...oh wait you said LEAST like to. Jimmy Carter
Musician - Bjork
Fictional - Jason Vorhees ("soooo...I uh, see you're a hockey fan then...")
Historical - Chairman Mao(we'd barely make it to the 3rd floor before I blurted out "dude, what up with the hair?"
'Round the way - Frank. Everyone who knows Frank...answers "Frank" to this question.

Any from the above categories you'd like to give a piece of you mind to?
I'd happily take a warning for a chance to properly humiliate Carter.

Like, if Reverend Wright got on at the ground floor same time as you, and you both hit the 30th floor button.
Wow 30 floors wouldn't take very long, which means no time to be fancy about it. I think a Flatbush Wedgie would be in order. Let's hope for his sake the 30th floor is Men's apparel.(those of you who don't get this joke, fear not. It just means you've reached full adulthood :humble: )
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#22 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,302 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

View Postscherzo, on Sep 14 2009, 11:50 PM, said:

Celebrity - Gary Coleman(saw him at comiccon years ago, and I'm still creeped out :eek: )

Eek indeed!  How many years ago, ad was this the New York ComicCon?  If so - I was there with my son, and his dad... and the three of us crossed paths with Gary Coleman in a restaurant.  I think we spent the whole way home ragging on him.  Very very angry man...

And yeah... put me down as a Jets fan too... :bemused:  On the other hand.... I'm a diehard Yankee fan. So that's compensation. :)

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#23 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:48 AM

Waking up early in the morning...remembering I don't have to be anywhere today...then going back to sleep. Ohhhhh baby! :happy: (yes, that's LAZY you're smelling)

Haha! Totally agreed. Re: Star Wars, it's just Jar Jar Binks I have an allergic reaction to, really.

Sparky

Edited by SparkyCola, 15 September 2009 - 06:48 AM.

Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#24 Nonny

Nonny

Scourge of Pretentious Bad Latin

• Islander
  • 31,142 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:16 AM

Did you do time at Catholic school? If so, how much?
Yes. Grades 3 through 8. How else is a kid s'posed to learn how to tie a proper windsor knot? :humble:
Not something I learned there.   ;)
Posted Image

The once and future Nonny

"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world." Can anyone tell me who I am quoting?  I found this with no attribution.

Fatal miscarriages are forever.

Stupid is stupid, this I believe. And ignorance is the worst kind of stupid, since ignorance is a choice.  Suzanne Brockmann

All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings. Diderot

#25 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

View PostQueenTiye, on Sep 15 2009, 01:02 AM, said:

View Postscherzo, on Sep 14 2009, 11:50 PM, said:

Eek indeed!  How many years ago, ad was this the New York ComicCon?  If so - I was there with my son, and his dad... and the three of us crossed paths with Gary Coleman in a restaurant.  I think we spent the whole way home ragging on him.  Very very angry man...

And yeah... put me down as a Jets fan too... :bemused:  On the other hand.... I'm a diehard Yankee fan. So that's compensation. :)

QT
Yes N.Y. ComicCon, a couple of years ago I think. Coleman is verrrrrrrry weird. He walked right past me muttering angrily to himself and flailing at invisible mosquitoes or something. I gave him a wide berth at his table when I saw his interaction with the other convention guests.
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#26 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

Having lulled you into a false sense of security, I'm going to hit you with more questions :devil:

What were your favourite toys as a child?
Do you have any siblings?
What are the qualities in a person that you consider most important, and which do you have least patience for?

Thanks

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#27 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

View Postscherzo, on Sep 13 2009, 07:28 PM, said:

Why scherzo?
"Scherzo" was the name of a villainous character I created many years ago for a comicbook story I was writing.(he had a female counterpart named "Symphony") I first heard the word used on the orchestral soundtrack album for the movie "Tron".  

I think your name is perfect. In music a Scherzo is a very lively, witty bit inserted into a longer piece of music (I won't bore you with the technical music parts).

Edited by Rhea, 18 September 2009 - 08:57 PM.

The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#28 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:31 AM

What were your favourite toys as a child?
I was a big fan of really complicated slot car race tracks. Fortunately our basement had plenty of space for racing. Even the process of putting together the tracks was awesome. :happy:

Do you have any siblings?
Yup. 3 older brothers...one older sister.

What are the qualities in a person that you consider most important, and which do you have least patience for?

I think rule number one for physicians, applies to every human being..."do no harm". It's crucial that we do as little as possible to negatively impact others.

There are a small handful of things that will irritate me almost instantly. When people are needlessly rude, inconsiderate, pompous or arrogant, my claws are revealed almost on reflex. I will confess though that eco-fascists(and anyone who considers America a destructive force in this world really)don't have to be any of those things to get static from me.  :look:
Posted Image

#29 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:36 AM

View PostRhea, on Sep 18 2009, 09:54 PM, said:

View Postscherzo, on Sep 13 2009, 07:28 PM, said:

Why scherzo?
"Scherzo" was the name of a villainous character I created many years ago for a comicbook story I was writing.(he had a female counterpart named "Symphony") I first heard the word used on the orchestral soundtrack album for the movie "Tron".  

I think your name is perfect. In music a Scherzo is a very lively, witty bit inserted into a longer piece of music (I won't bore you with the technical music parts).
Thank you Rhea. When I originally signed onto Xbox Live many years ago, voice communication revealed virtually no one could actually say the word "scherzo". I would hear "drop me some ammo SHEERO"...or "grab the flag SCHERZERO"! I was grudgingly forced to change my gamer tag to KONTROL. :(
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT'er of the week, scherzo, 2009

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users