For those only recently thawed out of carbonite...The Rules:
1. The current OTer of the Week chooses the next OTer of the week and starts a thread in their honor.
2. That person's week in the spotlight runs from Monday to Sunday, after which a new OTotW takes over.
3. To keep this interesting please choose someone with whom you typically disagree here on OT, and also someone you don't know well. We'd hate to see it get clubby.
4. Current OTotW should set about picking a successor within a few days in case the search for a new OTotW takes awhile. And also so that person can prepare and write a brief bio like scherzo did below.
5. Have fun, and LEARN about each other.
Take it away Annibal...
My name is Anne, I was born in Denver, Colorado and raised in Evergreen, which is also the hometown of one creator of South Park, as well as its Director of Animation, and the drummer of the Mars Volta. I think. I never really cared. I now reside in Boulder, and am working on a double degree in Film--Fine Arts and the normal Bachelor of the Arts.
My mom is a call-center nurse, my dad is a hedge-fund accountant/lawyer, and I have two siblings--a younger sister at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (yuck) and an older brother, who is a BASE jumper, often goes by Calvin instead of his real name, and who had a paragliding accident on Feb. 6th, 2006 that got him a head injury, a shattered heel, broken tib/fib, and 80 days in the hospital. He was BASE jumping again by the summer. Because he's a freak.
My favorite movie is the Iron Giant, my favorite current TV show is Supernatural, my favorite canceled show is Invader ZIM!. My most adored band is Stellastarr*, and my most-listened to song according to iTunes is stellastarr*'s "Move On," followed by Shiny Toy Guns' "Major Tom" and Radical Face's "Welcome Home." My favorite book is "Ender's Game," my favorite author is Neil Gaiman.
I am an atheist, but like Sparky don't really adhere to a atheist "doctrine" or belief structure. I have absolutely no problem with belief or belief in God as long as it does not interfere with me in ANY way. My mom is Republican and my dad is a Democrat, and being around both with their polarized views has put me somewhere in the middle, disagreeing and agreeing nearly equally with both sides. I also hold Ghost Rider's general philosophy on people.
My main goal in life is to direct for animated movies, or to just be an animator...or really, anything I can get in the industry. I'm not too picky. If I were more brave and rich I would not hesitate to be a BASE jumper, and what I love to do most is watch movies and travel/hike/camp/appreciate the world.
And that's the nutshell.
What do your Republican mom and Democrat dad disagree about primarily?
What do you think of Brad Bird's work at Pixar?
Do you prefer traditional animation to computer animation?