Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

Investigation in Florida

Florida Investigation 2003

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,353 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 04:31 PM

I'm not going to comment yet beyond saying that the article is very sad to me.

http://www.palmbeach...9071bc0037.html

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#2 aphrael

aphrael
  • Islander
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 12:07 AM

Sad situation.    :unhappy:   Hope they do find out the truth.

:elf:

#3 Rov Judicata

Rov Judicata

Crassly Irresponsible and Indifferent

• Islander
  • 15,720 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 12:38 AM

It seems pretty routine to me.

Some of his own family members say he was depressed, and he had alcohol/drugs in his system. While that doesn't automatically equal suicide, that explanation makes far more sense than some sort of cover-up.

This seems more like local rabble-rousers exploiting a tragic death to fill their own coffers and increase their own influence. You can't sell newspapers without outrage.

That being said there could be some actual evidence that something improper went on... but it's certainly not in this article.
St. Louis must be destroyed!

Me: "I have a job and five credit cards and am looking into signing a two year lease.  THAT MAKES ME OLD."
Josh: "I don't have a job, I have ONE credit card, I'm stuck in a lease and I'm 28! My mom's basement IS ONE BAD DECISION AWAY!"
~~ Josh, winning the argument.

"Congress . . . shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis[.]" ~1 U.S.C. 1, selectively quoted for accuracy.

#4 Laoise

Laoise

I am bounce around so well

• Islander
  • 714 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 09:15 AM

It felt to me like the article was trying to make readers think "Murder!" but from the information given it in, I can't agree.  It's murder because someone in an 'underground newspaper' said so?  There wasn't any evidence presented in the article that would have made me think it was murder.

Anyway it works out, it's all very sad.  Sad that there's that silly race devide, sad that - if it is murder - someone killed another person for race, sad if it was suicide that someone exploited it for racial tension like that.  All very very sad.
Being Liberal means never having to say you're Tory.

#5 DWF

DWF

Dr. Who 1963-89, 1996, 2005-

• Islander
  • 48,287 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 01:40 PM

Strange, I can bring up the page, but not the article itself. :(
The longest-running science fiction series: decadent, degenerate and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans... Cybermen! They're still in the nursery compared to us. Fifty years of absolute fandom. That's what it takes to be really critical.

"Don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido

#6 GiGi

GiGi

Lipstick wearing PIG kisser!

• Islander
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 05:42 PM

^ same for me, the top says "page not found"  Was the story pulled?
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not die, so do all creatures." -- HH The Dalai Lama

#7 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,353 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 04:14 AM

The article is still there.

And the article's point is not the veracity of the claims on either side, but the prevalence of suspicion on the part of African Americans who have a historical memory of callous treatment and racial discrimination, fueled by depressed economic conditions.

It is sad.

QT

Een Draght Mackt Maght

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Florida, Investigation, 2003

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users