Getting an "Insecure Connection" warning for Exisle? No worry

Details in this thread

When will the healthcare bill become law?

Health care Obamacare 2009

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Prompted by Sen. Reid's remark (13 member(s) have cast votes)

When will the healthcare bill become law?

1. Before the end of the year (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Next year (2010) (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

3. In 2011 or 2012 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 2013 to 2016 (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

5. It will fall apart like HillaryCare (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Palisades

Palisades

Northern Lights

• Islander
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

(And, yes, Pelosi's bill in the House is different than the one the Senate is working on. So 'bill' in the poll question refers to whatever bill, if any, is agreed upon between the House and Senate.)

Edited by Palisade, 04 November 2009 - 04:25 PM.

"When the Fed is the bartender everybody drinks until they fall down." —Paul McCulley

"In truth, 'too big to fail' is not the worst thing we should fear – our financial institutions are now on their way to becoming 'too big to save'." —Simon Johnson

FKA:
TWP / An Affirming Flame / Solar Wind / Palisade

#2 Nick

Nick

• Islander
  • 7,130 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:26 PM

I think it'll most likely get signed in to law before the end of the year.  It's possible it'll drag until early 2010, but I think that's less likely considering it's the start of an election year.

It could still fall apart at this point, but the ones who will pay for that are the Blue Dog Dems who've been dragging their heels.

#3 Spectacles

Spectacles
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

I have no idea and won't venture any guesses. Nor would I predict what will be in the final bill, but I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed in it. I hope I'm wrong.
"Facts are stupid things." -Ronald Reagan at the 1988 Republican National Convention, attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn things"

"Although health care enrollment is actually going pretty well at this point, thousands and maybe millions of Americans have failed to sign up for coverage because they believe the false horror stories they keep hearing." -- Paul Krugman

#4 Nick

Nick

• Islander
  • 7,130 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

^I'm already disappointed in it.  It's just a matter of what degree of disappontment I will have with the ultimate final bill.

Reid's already making weak, soft-spoken noises that he maybe might could entertain the possibility of perhaps not exactly making it entirely in a state of somewhat completeness if that's okay with everyone that it might not get done by year end.

I swear, he is the weakest SML I've ever seen.

#5 Vapor Trails

Vapor Trails

In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big.

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • 16,523 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

Well, given my faith in politicians ( :p~ ), even if this bill comes out early, will it REALLY help? Maybe I've got a better chance winning the lottery. :p :p
Posted Image

Politicians are like bananas; they hang together, they're all yellow, and there's not a straight one among them.

"We're relevant for $ and a vote once every two years. Beyond that, we're completely irrelevant, except of course to consume, and preach the gospel according to [insert political demigod here]."--Cait

#6 Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf

Luck is when opportunity meets preparation

• Islander
  • 38,881 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:07 AM

Unfortunately, I'm forced to vote for the last on the list.  :(

The better question for me is this:  If it DOES pass, what will change?

Lil
Posted Image

#7 Themis

Themis
  • Islander
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

When pigs fly.  If then.

Whatever finally gets passed, it will be far from what we need and will leave the US nowhere near other civilized countries that have figured out how to have universal health care.
Cats will never be extinct!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Health care, Obamacare, 2009

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users