• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 T_H_Phoenix

T_H_Phoenix
  • Islander
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:03 PM

Anyone play this?

I was reading an article on mmorpg and they were talking about massively multiplayer online games that were different than the norm.  The one at the top of their list was Puzzle Pirates.

I got curious, so I checked it out.  It's surprisingly a lot of fun.

You play a pirate.  You plunder other ships, you salvage treasure from wrecks, you get into swordfights, you craft things.

So, how is it different than a regular RPG?

Everything is done with Puzzles!  Get into a swordfight?  It's resolved by playing a puzzle, instead of whacking at the other guy with a weapon.  Need to runt eh bilge pumps on your ship?  You pay a puzzle.  Wanna do some tailoring to make a new outfit?  Yep, another puzzle.

The puzzles aren't very tough, they are tetris/peggle/bubbleburst kinda things.

It's a free to play game, but some of the puzzle/activities are only free on certain days of the week, unless you pay for a subscription.

I don't know if it'll hold my attention for long,or if I'll subscribe, but it's a fun way to kill some time
Posted Image

#2 Lord Martock

Lord Martock
  • Islander
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:37 PM

I've played it.

It is fun in the beginning...but you may tire of it pretty quick.  I could only play it for about 2 weeks before I got bored.....and I played WoW for almost 5 years before I got tired of it.

Have fun with Puzzle Pirates....but in my opinion...it really isn't an RPG.
May the Schwartz be with you.
Remember, No matter where you go....There you are.
It's a trick.....Get the Axe!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users