• This topic is locked This topic is locked
183 replies to this topic

#21 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

Gaelan was not hurt over and above a few minor cuts and bruises.  The fight had been furious while it had lasted but the pirates hadn't been much of a match for the hunters.

He retrieved as many of his arrows as he could from the dead pirates throwing the bodies over the side after he'd checked them and removed any weapons.

He started hauling up buckets of sea water to wash down the decks.  There was a lot of blood and thankfully most of it belonged to their adversaries.

Once he had finished cleaning he headed down below to wash himself and change into clean clothing.

#22 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

Joanna sighed in relief as each of the hunters affirmed that they were alive and well, even Graayth who had bounded back aboard the merchant vessel and reassumed his hume form, gotten dressed where he had left his clothing and was now helping Gaelan dump the bodies into the sea and clean the decks. She could see that most of the sailors were helping clean up and others were securing the pirate vesel. Doubtless they would sail it to the coat and refit it for their own use. Jo smiled despite herself when Eru began to revert to her hume form and bolted belowdecks for clothes, followed by Tialyn. Occasionally she wondered what it would be like to be a lycan but each time she would inevitably conclude that she wouldn't make a good one. "All right, good job people." She approved as she went to help clean the decks.

#23 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:59 PM

Timejump a day or so later as the Vampire Hunters arrive at the port.

Time Stamp: 21:07

Joanna slung her backpack of belongings over her shoulder and went up to the deck after the crew had announced they could go ashore. With Graayth just behind her she stepped off the merchant vessel on onto the docks of Luanda where the rest of the crew would join her. Fortunately for Vincent they had arrived just after sunset and it would be comfortable for him here. She was glad that the ship journey was over and as she waited for the other vampire hunters to arrive she looked around at the unfamiliar tropical environment around her. It was so unlike Delmi. Even the plants and vegetation looked different and she realised that she had no real idea of what plants and animals were dangerous here and which were not. She'd have to be careful. Despite herself Jo hoped that she would either be quick to adapt to this place, or their business here would be completed quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Graayth followed Jo from the ship to the docks and looked around. He'd been to the Elviri continents only once before during his travels and had some basic knowledge of the area. Still, there was something not quite right about this town, he decided as he sniffed the air cautiously. It seemed so normal on the surface but his instincts were telling him there was something subtly wrong. They knew that, of course otherwise they wouldn't be here. Still it troubled him as he waited along with Jo.

Edited by Mikoto, 18 February 2010 - 03:04 PM.

#24 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:11 PM

Vincent glanced around as he stepped onto the docks with his companions. He had never been in this type of environment before and he knew he would have to spend a majority of the day indoors, as hot as it would be. He stood near Joanna, as he waited for the others to disembark and he hoped they wouldn't be here for too long, he didn't think he could adapt to this place very well.

Phlack looked around anxiously as he disembarked the ship. While it was good to be home, he wanted to see Aiden and reassure himself that she was all right. He had spent the majority of his time away from her worrying about her safety or just plain missing her, and now he just wanted to pull her into his arms and never let her go. He glanced at Sephira as she stood beside him and looked around, then he smiled at her. "Good to be home?" He asked her?

Sephira smiled as she looked around her home. She was dressed in her old clothing that she had kept for just such an occasion and she smiled up at Phlack, sensing his worry. "Yes." She said to him. "And I'm sure Aiden is just fine."

#25 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

Standing at the head of the gangplank, The Professor took a deep breath of the sweet-scented tropical air as he surveyed the coastline.  "Ah, I had nearly forgotten how exotic are the equatorial ports," he said happily.  "I wonder if they are still having the same old problems with giant carnivorous flora.  Poor old Captain Rogerman!"

Arjhay stood aside as Eru came up behind him and gestured her onward with a gentlemanly bow.  "Ladies before faculty," he said.

"Thank you, Professor," said Eru as she stepped out onto the gangplank.  "Look at how beautiful it is!" she exclaimed, getting her first good view of the broad-leafed trees and brightly colored flowers beyond the pier and seaside buildings.  Enraptured by the sight, she walked off the side of the ramp and plunged fifteen feet into the ocean.  She came up sputtering and said, "Wow, this water is warm!"

Her soaking clothes drooped wetly as she waded up onto the beach.  Oh, well, Tialyn had promised to help her find a more appropriate-- and safe-- outfit anyway.

#26 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:29 AM

Tialyn was inhaling the familiar scents of "home"...although she was from the nation of Venn, the plants and animals were somewhat similar...when she heard a splash from the direction of the ship.

"Uh oh," she said quietly to herself and peered over her shoulder.

The Elviri was just in time to see Eru wade out of the sea in soggy clothes. She gave a quick wave to Arjhay and called out to him. "I've got her!"

Leaving the loose group of the other vampire hunters who were studying the port city from the docks, Tialyn walked over to Eru.

"Well, at least you'll won't be cold while you dry out," she remarked, trying not to laugh. "Although we should get you dry clothes soon, something "native" I think...our traditional clothes will be more comfortable out here."

She gestured to her own slim, knee-length leggings and a sleeveless vest type top, and footwear that were a cross between leather sandals and walking shoes.

"But for now...," Tialyn added seeing one of the Elviri crew come running down the gangplank with a rough, cotton towel, "...let's get you dried off. Professor Senegoid is on his way."

#27 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:18 PM

Jo and Graayth heard the splash and went over to Eru and the others in time to see the young Lycan wade out of the water. She smiled as one of the sailors handed out a towel and shook her head. "It's certainly warm enough that you'll dry out soon." Jo remarked, her tone lightly tinged with amusement. Then she looked over at Sephira and Phlack. "Can you show us the way to your home please? We'll probably need to get Eru some fresh clothing." She asked.

#28 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

"Of course." Sephira said as she watched Eru wade out of the water. "Father is likely expecting us anytime now." She led the way off the docks and through the town, smiling when Dhani contacted her himself. "Yes, Father, we finally made it in." She told him. "We will be there shortly." As she walked, she could feel that something was wrong here, something was very wrong-it did not feel like home anymore.

Phlack walked with Sephira, feeling like the town had grown even more evil since he left. Something was very wrong and he hoped that the group he brought back with him would be able to figure out what it was and help them get rid of it. Right now though, he needed to get home and see Aiden-he was anxious to get his arms around her and satisfy himself that she was all right. He had to force himself not to hurry on ahead, but to keep a reasonable pace so as not to cause suspicion from whatever was permeating the town.

Vincent walked with Sephira and the others towards Sephira's home, looking around as if he was just another tourist, but really trying to see what it was that was so wrong about this place. He could feel the wrongness, but he wasn't quite sure what it was. He spoke in a low voice to his companions he had brought with him. "Do not leave your quarters for any reason." He knew they would obey him, he would never order them to do anything unless it was for their safety, and they all nodded as they walked with him.

#29 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

The Professor trotted down the gangplank worriedly as Tialyn helped Eru out of the water.  "Good heavens, young lady, you're a walking catastrophe in any hemisphere," he said.  "It was fortunate that you landed in water. Although you do have to be careful of the jellyfish that float into shore this time of day. They're quite toxic. No, don't look concerned. If you had been stung, you'd be dead already."

"I'm fine, I'm fine, thanks," said Eru as everybody fussed over her.  She wrung out her clothes and dried her hair with the towel that one of the sailors gave to her (although he seemed to enjoy the fact that she was wet).  She followed along with Tialyn as Sephira led them through the town toward her house.  The squishy noises her shoes made as she walked were quite embarrassing and she was sure that the townspeople were watching her with amusement.

#30 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

Sephira glanced at Phlack affectionately, amused at his impatience to get to his mate. "Go on, I'll take them from here." She said, glancing at Jo.

Jo glanced at Graayth for confirmation that they were alone. "Graayth?" She enquired.

Graayth sniffed the air thoroughly. "There's nothing around to see as far as I can sense."

Vincent also glanced around. "I don't see or sense anything either." He said after a few moments.

Phlack shot Sephira a quick smile as he hugged her. "Thanks, sis." He said, running on ahead towards his home.

Jo smiled as Phlack took off towards his house, then continued following Sephira towards her home.

Sephira smiled as she led them on to her home not far from Phlack and Aiden's and walked in, smiling at her parents, who were standing there, waiting on them.

Dhani stood in the€ front entryway with Sophi and smiled at the group as they walked in.* Welcome to our home.

"Thank you." Jo said, looking around the home.

Sephira hugged both her parents, and Shemar when he hurried over, then she introduced everyone.

"Dear me!" Sophi exclaimed, taking Eru by the hand. "Let's get you into some dry clothes." She led her off towards the back while Dhani stayed with the others.

Dhani looked over the group, then pointed at Graayth, Eru-who was disappearing with Sophi-and Vincent, a bit puzzled. "Those three are different." He said. He could sense something different about them, but not what, and he wanted to know what it was.

Sephira glanced at the three before turning back to her father. She had inherited his telepathy and she had known that he would sense something different about them, just as Phlack had when he first met them. She knew she had to tell the truth because he would know if she lied to him. "Well, Graayth and Eru are werewolves and Vincent is a Daywalker-vampire."  She said. "There's nothing to fear from them, though, I've worked with them for a long time now."

Vincent smiled, briefly showing them his fangs as he nodded, putting his arms around his companions. "My companions are here of their own free will and will keep me sustained." He looked at each of them affectionately as each of them nodded their assent.

Graayth also nodded as Sephira told her parents that they were in no danger. "I have no interest in harming humes or elviri short of self defence." He told them.

Dhani thought for just a moment before he smiled at them. If his daughter trusted these people, then he would too. "Then come in and sit, I'm sure you're very tired after your long voyage." He said. "Is there anything you need in the way of refreshment?"

Phlack hurried inside his house and went to the bedroom and sat on the bed with Aiden, smiling as he watched her sleep. When he'd left she had been getting sick in the mornings and had missed at least one cycle that he knew of and he was hoping that meant they were going to be having a baby.

Aiden stirred when she felt movement movement on the bed, but didn't quite wake yet.

Phlack smiled gently when she stirred and touched her face lightly. She was so beautiful, even more beautiful than she was before he left, if that were possible.

Aiden woke up and opened her eyes when she felt the light touch on her cheek.

Phlack smiled down at Aiden when she looked up at him. "Hi." He said.

Aiden smiled when she looked up and saw Phlack. "You're back." She said, stating the obvious.

"Yeah, we just docked." Phlack said. "Sephira took the others to meet our parents."

Aiden yawned and sat up.* "They came?" She asked. She hadn't been as sure as he had that his sister and her friends would actually come all this way when they didn't even know what was going on.

"Yes, they came." Phlack said. He'd told her they would come, all he had to do was find them, which hadn't been an easy journey, but he'd managed it.

"Maybe they can figure out what's going on here." Aiden said hopefully. She hoped someone could, things had just gotten worse since Phlack left.

"I hope so." Phlack said, hesistating a bit, but knowing she needed to know about the three supernaturals in the group. "They have some.....different....members in their group." He himself had been taken aback the first time he had met the three, but they were true to their word about not being dangerous.

"Different how?" Aiden asked, curious. How different could people be, unless they were psions?

Phlack took a deep breath before answering. "Two of them are werewolves and one is a vampire." He said, watching her for her reaction.

Aiden looked a bit surprised, but he had come home unharmed, so the three of them must be trustworthy. "You're right that is different." She said.

"I've spent the last three weeks or so with them. Phlack said. "They're no danger to us, but they are dangerous when they're defending themselves, or others."

"I hope they can stop whatever is going on." Aiden said.

"From the stories Sephira has told me, I think they can." Phlack said. He and Sephira had spent the last three weeks during the voyage home catching up, and she had told him some amazing stories-stories that he had a hard time believing, except that he knew she wasn't lying-especially when she moved the scarf around her neck and showed him where she'd been fed from. If they could take down a 900 year old vampire, then whatever it was plagueing their town would be no match for them-at least that's what he was hoping.

"Then tomorrow morning I can update them about what's been going on." Aiden said. A lot had happened in the last six weeks, most importantly the fact that she was most definitely pregnant, which both worried and excited her at the same time.

"Yeah." Phlack said, nodding. "I've already felt the difference in town and I don't like it." Something ominous was going on and it was worrying him-especially since Aiden was one of the ruling class, which meant that she was probably in danger.

"Things lurk about in the shadows" Aiden said. "I'm watched at work, people are disappearing. Occasionally we find a body."

Phlack glanced at Aiden, very concerned. "You're being watched?" He asked. If she was being watched, then she was going to need to be protected before someone tried something, especially as she could be pregnant. He glanced down as he thought about it, then glance back at her, the question unspoken, but there in his eyes.

Aiden smiled and nodded when she saw the direction of Phlack's glance. "Yes, I am." She said, answering the unspoken question in his eyes. "And I'm being watched at work, yes."

Phlack smiled and hugged Aiden. He couldn't have been happier, or more scared in his life than he was at that moment. Now, more than ever, they needed to find out what was going on, before something happened to her and their unborn baby.

Aiden hugged Phlack back. "Both families were pleased to hear the news." She said.

"I'm sure they were." Phlack said, slightly amused, then getting more serious. "Now I really don't like it that you're being watched."

"Neither do I." Aiden said.

"Hopefully Sephira and her friends will figure out what's going on and get rid of it soon." Phlack said, placing his hand gently over Sephira's barely swollen abdomen.

"Hopefully." Aiden said, smiling when the baby kicked Phlack's hand.

Phlack smiled when he felt the tiny movement. His life was now complete, now he just had to make sure his family would be safe by getting rid of the threat that was eating up their town little by little.

"For now..." Aiden said, yawning. "We should sleep."

Phlack yawned, just realizing how tired he truly was. "True." He said, kicking off his boots and snuggling down with Aiden. "Tomorrow is soon enough to meet the others.

Aiden smiled and settled down to sleep once Phlack had kicked off his boots and snuggled up to her. She fell asleep almost immediately, actually, since she hadn't slept well with him gone and the added worry of whatever was going on.

Phlack smiled when he felt Aiden fall asleep, and he snuggled up to her even more closely before falling asleep himself not long after she did. Whatever was going on would simply have to wait until tomorrow, when everyone had rested. Right now, he was right where he wanted to be, holding his mate in his arms, and he wasn't going to let anything happen to her, if he could help it.

#31 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

Jo and Graayth, along with the remaining vampire hunters followed Dhani into the living room where they could sit for now. She sat down in a padded, comfortable armchair and set her pack down next to it. Despite the strangeness and unfamiliarity of her new surroundings she was glad that she was no longer aboard the ship. She could stretch out in comfort now instead of being in a small and cramped cabin and she was free of the constant rocking and motion of the sea. She'd gladly make the trip back though when they were done. "Thank you, but I ate and drank just before leaving the ship." She politely declined the offer of refreshments although each of the vampire hunters could give their own answers.

She had spoken with Sephira and Phlack during the voyage which had improved her knowledge of Elviri culture along with some practical information about Luanda. Their family was both wealthy and politically influential in Luanda and the surrounding villages. Phlack had married another Elviri called Aiden whose family had similar wealth and power but she had the added kick of being one of the three ruling councillors that governed Luanda between them. As Joanna understood it, the townspeople voted on who they wanted as their rulers every three years. She didn't know who the other two were yet but Aiden had been voted in twice which had made her one of the councillors for almost six years now. Evidently they liked her job performance. It was very different to how Sandesina and Delmi were ruled.

Jo considered it as a good thing that would help her and her vampire hunters find out what was going on here and eliminate the threat. Aiden could give them access where non-citizens and visitors couldn't go if they needed it and would have her finger on the pulse of the town. Maybe she could even influence the local law enforcement officers to either assist them or turn a blind eye if their supernatural activities got too close to town. At the very least she would know more or less about what had been going on since Phlack had left to bring them here. Jo had some theories but any concrete information they could get would help out immensely. With this in mind she looked over at Dhani and asked. "Is there anything you can tell us about what has been going on?" She asked. "Anything new since Phlack left to find us?" She clarified.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Graayth decided that he didn't want to sit down. He'd been confined in a small space around too many people for far too long and if he was restless. He wanted to roam the wilds once again in his beast form, he wanted to hunt and run. He'd already decided that once they had been shown to the guest house that Sephira had told them that her family would likely let them use as a base of operations he would go out into the night and hunt. He smiled faintly to himself. Apparently her family was so wealthy that they owned one of the largest plots of land in Luanda-doubled now they had merged it with Aiden's family and frequently had high ranking visitors and had so built a full guest house on their land. Graayth was aware of the dangers that might lurk out in the jungle, especially with the disappearances and such that had been going on lately but if he met anything supernatural he was confident he could either handle it or escape safely. And besides it would be good to scout the layout of the land and take care of his inner beast's need to run and hunt. And so the Lycan was impatient for the meeting to end.

Edited by Mikoto, 25 February 2010 - 05:10 PM.

#32 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

Dani nodded and sat down when Joanna politely declined any refreshment, then looked around. "Just let Ami know if any of you want anything and she'll get it." He said, then glanced at Joanna when she asked if anything new was happening. "New?" He said, nodding. "Yes. Aiden told us that she's being watched while at work-which worries us, because she's pregnant."

About that time, Sophi came back, leading Eru with her and the young lady looked much more presentable with her hair combed out and dry clothes on and he smiled at her. "Let Ami know if you would like anything." He said, then continued. "People are still disappearing. About one a week, sometimes two. Sometimes we'll find a body a few days later that appears to have died from some sort of illness because they would have very few injuries."

Sophi sat next to Dhani and nodded. "That's all we know-that they died from some kind of illness."

#33 Nikki Peppermint

Nikki Peppermint

Zen moment

• 16,755 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

Tialyn was looking out the window of the house while listening to the meeting. Her vision went momentarily fuzzy. She shook her head and blinked a few times as it cleared up. Then it began to get dark. She found herself no longer at the house but looking down at Luanda. The sight of the team beginning their investigation startled her, but more frightening was the feeling they were being watched.

From the shadows where she couldn't see, things were watching them...day and night. There was a vague outline but no definite shape...but it was a creature of some sort, not elviri. She sensed strength, intelligence...and worse. It was like looking at a shadow, she could see vague shapes of sharp claws and the glinting of the scales.

Her senses caught more of the beings...there was more than one in the town. But Tialyn couldn't tell how many.

Suddenly she gasped loudly and found herself back in the house, turning to stare at the group. Her gray eyes were wide with fright.

"They're going to be watching us," she said, interrupting the meeting. "We have to be very careful."

And Tialyn told everyone what she'd seen.

Edited by Nikki Peppermint, 25 February 2010 - 09:07 PM.

#34 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

Dhani looked around sharply when the one called Tialyn gasped, then interrupted with her proclamation. "You're a seer." He said, understanding. But what of these claws and scales? What does that mean?

Sephira glanced up when Tialyn gasped, then told them what she saw. "Claws and scales?" She asked. Vampires and Lycans have claws, but I have never heard of any with scales." This was getting stranger and stranger and she didn't like it one bit. "When did the last body show up?" She asked curiously?

Vincent listened to Dhani intently. Aiden was being watched, which was no surprise really, she being one of the three rulers, but when he said she was pregnant, that had him listening closer. The baby was helpless and that made Aiden helpless against whatever it was that was watching her. Then Tialyn spoke about her vision and it didn't seem to make things any clearer, except that creatures with claws and scales were doing the watching, and would now be watching them. "I propose that Aiden have a protector with her at all times if she's being watched." He offered.

#35 Mikoto

Mikoto

Rejected on all levels.

• Islander
  • 9,304 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:46 PM

Joanna looked intently at Tialyn and listened carefully to her description of it. Her precognative powers and visions had either saved them or helped them out too many times for her to disregard the warning that they were being given. Unfortunately it didn't make much sense to Jo but the knowledge that once they began investigating they would be watched was good to know under any circumstances. Although she didn't know she and Vincent were thinking similar things about Aiden once she was told that Aiden was pregnant.

And she agreed with his suggestion when he made it. "I agree. I'll have one of us accompanying her at all times if she'll allow it. And we'll have to be careful once we start investigating. We should go around in pairs-just in case." She favoured Tialyn for this as she hoped that the seers' abilities might provide some warning against danger and she was sure Phlack would guard his wife anyway. Jo looked over at Sephira. "If they haven't been buried already, maybe you should examine one of the bodies?" She suggested. "Or Gaelan." She added. "Maybe you might learn something about what kind of illness killed them."

Edited by Mikoto, 26 February 2010 - 09:47 PM.

#36 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

Dhani listened as the hunters made their suggestions and asked questions. "The last body showed up just yesterday and is being kept in the cool room at the hospital morgue." He said. "I'll talk to Aiden in the morning, maybe she can get you access to it. I know I would feel better if she had a guard, though I'm sure Phlack will watch her himself."

Sephira nodded as she listened to Vincent, Jo and her father. "I would appreciate it, Father. I've discovered some new abilities since leaving home and they might help me discover what type of illness is killing people.

#37 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

"I would like to come with you Sephira," Gaelan said quickly.  He was from Dhaska too but not from this town.  It was stange being home and although the sights and smells were the same there was something not right about the place.

He wondered if it was an illness that had been killing people, it could be some kind of poison.  They would know more once they had examined the bodies.

#38 EChatty

EChatty

Lurker Extaordinaire

• SuperMod
  • 22,747 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

Sephira smiled softly at Gaelan when he asked to go with her to examine the latest body. "Of course." She said. "If Aiden can get us access I would appreciate the help."

Dhani watched his daughter closely as she spoke with the other Elviri with the group. His name was Gaelan and he could see his daughter was attracted to the blue-haired healer. He could also see the attraction was mutual. He shared a knowing glance with Sophi, then looked back at Sephira. "What new ability would that be?" He asked, curious.

Sephira looked at her parents, still smiling. "I have a healing touch." She said. "And I can diagnose with a touch as well. Perhaps it will help me discover what is killing the people."

Dhani and Sophi both smiled. "So it skipped a few generations." Sophi said. "My grandmother also had the healing touch, but it didn't pass to Mother or to me, looks like it chose you."

#39 RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes

Idealistic Cynic

• Demigod
  • 13,702 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

"Thank you again, Sophi," said Eru as she came back into the room.  "These clothes will make everything so much easier."  She saw Tialyn standing by the window and walked into her field of vision to show her the clothes that Sophi had given her-- a green vest and a brightly colored skirt, both of which wrapped around and were tied with a kind of sailor's slipknot.  "Look, Tialyn," she said.  "I told Sophi about my problem and she came up with this solution. Now my clothes will get bigger with me whenever I change. Of course, I have to remember to make them smaller again by pulling on the knots."  Tialyn did not respond.  "Er... Tialyn...?"

"They're going to be watching us," she said suddenly, interrupting the meeting. "We have to be very careful."

Tialyn explained what she had seen in her vision and Eru shuddered.  These 'Watchers' sounded as ominous as the Nanes.

The Professor frowned and rubbed his chin thoughtfully at Tialyn's story.  "Very interesting," he mused.  "The deaths seem to be occurring from sickness or poison, yet Tialyn has experienced a vision of multiple unseen interlopers, which is unprecedented on this continent, to the best of my knowledge.  These unseen beings could be spreaders of plague, accidentally or deliberately.  Or they could be poisonous.  One possibility is that they are a form of poisonous Kharton Jellyfish that has learned to live upon land and can return to the sea to hide.  I've never trusted those creatures, ever since I saw what they did to Captain Rogerman all those years ago.  I sensed that they harbored a deep hostility toward land dwellers.  Of course, this is pure speculation on my part."

#40 Brit

Brit

Born too Soon

• Islander
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:57 PM

Sephira looked at her parents, still smiling. "I have a healing touch." She said. "And I can diagnose with a touch as well. Perhaps it will help me discover what is killing the people."

Dhani and Sophi both smiled. "So it skipped a few generations." Sophi said. "My grandmother also had the healing touch, but it didn't pass to Mother or to me, looks like it chose you."

"I don't know where my healing powers came from," Gaelan admitted.  "I can't remember my parents and neither of my grandparents could heal, they did have other abilities.  Grandfather could 'talk' to any animal and calm it, I can do that too, it was only after I was apprenticed to a smith,  after my grandparents died, that I discovered I could heal animals and people.

It was the most he'd said since arriving at Sephira's home.  He didn't want her or her parents to feel sorry for him.

"I had a wonderful childhood, I think my grandmother's great talent was knowing exactly what a child would like to do, she was also a very good cook.  I was very happy and I enjoyed my apprenticeship too, it was just that I knew there was more to life than making implements and shoeing horses."

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users