• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Palisades

Palisades

Northern Lights

• Islander
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

She's gone missing. Even more missing than me. (I'm incredibly busy right now and don't have time to get bogged down in threads.)

Did she get fed up with OT and decide to take some time off? Can't say I blame her.
"When the Fed is the bartender everybody drinks until they fall down." —Paul McCulley

"In truth, 'too big to fail' is not the worst thing we should fear – our financial institutions are now on their way to becoming 'too big to save'." —Simon Johnson

FKA:
TWP / An Affirming Flame / Solar Wind / Palisade

#2 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

Maybe she saw how much support that pervert Kevin Jennings got here, and decided to distance herself from the crazy. :happy:  (I can hope there are pockets of sanity still out there can't I?)
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#3 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

^Scherzo, only you could come up with that one.

I've seen Specs on another board through the beginning of the year and she was fine, so I get the feeling she's taking a break from OT. She can speak for herself, though, should she feel the need.
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#4 Shalamar

Shalamar

Last Star to the Left and Straight on till Morning

• Forever Missed
  • 17,644 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:45 PM

I miss her greatly
The three most important R's
Respect for One's Self / Respect for Others / Responsibility for One's Words & Actions.

Posted Image

#5 BklnScott

BklnScott

FKA ScottEVill

• Islander
  • 18,142 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:04 AM

I think Specs is taking a break from online forums.

Edited by BklnScott, 06 January 2010 - 12:04 AM.

There isn't enough mommy in the world to further a cause like yours!

#6 QueenTiye

QueenTiye

Behavior is not reproducible over multiple trials.

• Islander
  • 24,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:44 AM

^^Always a healthy thing to do from time to time.  But I have a hope that she'll come back at least to participate in Picture Day.  She is missed.

scherzo - we had you show up for Picture Day last year - care to join in this year?

Same invite to Shal & Palisades.  Picture Day and other such efforts do a lot to humanize us all, so we remember that we're all human beings, and not just words on a screen...

QT

Edited by QueenTiye, 06 January 2010 - 12:45 AM.

Een Draght Mackt Maght

#7 scherzo

scherzo

I know things

• Islander
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

decloaking...  :eek2:

^Scherzo, only you could come up with that one.
I once received a commendation for original thinking. :humble:

2 Trek references in one post. That should secure my geek street cred for 2010...
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."    -Ronald Reagan, October 27 1964
Posted Image

#8 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:55 AM

View PostPalisade, on Jan 5 2010, 01:20 PM, said:

She's gone missing. Even more missing than me. (I'm incredibly busy right now and don't have time to get bogged down in threads.)

Did she get fed up with OT and decide to take some time off? Can't say I blame her.

:dontgetit:  I'm almost positive that you were the last person she talked to when she was here.  It's funny to see the people that are checking on her welfare.  She's my friend and I don't know if I hope she returns, I mean I do of course miss her here but she doesn't get treated very well and she's such an awesome person that she should get treated well.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#9 Palisades

Palisades

Northern Lights

• Islander
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

View PostBalderdash, on Jan 6 2010, 07:55 AM, said:

:dontgetit:  I'm almost positive that you were the last person she talked to when she was here.  It's funny to see the people that are checking on her welfare.  She's my friend and I don't know if I hope she returns, I mean I do of course miss her here but she doesn't get treated very well and she's such an awesome person that she should get treated well.

No, I was most definitely not the last person she talked to when she was here. Here are the search results of her last posts.
"When the Fed is the bartender everybody drinks until they fall down." —Paul McCulley

"In truth, 'too big to fail' is not the worst thing we should fear – our financial institutions are now on their way to becoming 'too big to save'." —Simon Johnson

FKA:

#10 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

?!  Just because people vehemently disagree and yes, argue, doesn't mean that they aren't concerned for the well being of others and hope that the people they interact with on a regular basis are well.  I'd think you'd be happy people think about her.
"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?"

- Jenny Smith on Usenet, via Jid, via Kathy

#11 Balderdash

Balderdash
  • Islander
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

View PostChipper, on Jan 6 2010, 11:51 AM, said:

?!  Just because people vehemently disagree and yes, argue, doesn't mean that they aren't concerned for the well being of others and hope that the people they interact with on a regular basis are well.  I'd think you'd be happy people think about her.

This is the second public spanking from you, I'm just wondering why I'm the only one who seems to benefit when clearly they are many others who could use your sage counseling.  There is no way in the world that my posting style is worse than some others that I won't mention and yet here we are again.

I'm sorry but when Specs was here she was practically begging for some reasonable discourse.  But I'm sure that it's much easier to put me in my place.

Another Democrat leaning Independent that has to search for truth because it can't be found on Fox News OR MSNBC.

"Being gay is not a Western invention, it is a human reality"  by HRC

#12 Rhea

Rhea

• Islander
  • 16,433 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

View PostChipper, on Jan 6 2010, 10:51 AM, said:

Lord knows that's true, or my conservative Republican brother wouldn't have lived long enough to vote.  :whistle:
The future is better than the past. Despite the crepehangers, romanticists, and anti-intellectuals, the world steadily grows better because the human mind, applying itself to environment, makes it better. With hands...with tools...with horse sense and science and engineering.
- Robert A. Heinlein

When I don’t understand, I have an unbearable itch to know why. - RAH

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.  - RAH

#13 Omega

Omega

Maktel shcree lotak meta setak Oz!

• 4,028 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

We're all just being concerned about an absent friend.  Can we please not take potshots at each other over something like that?  If Specs really is taking a break, that's not going to encourage her to come back, now is it?

#14 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

Edit --

Nevermind.  Apparently I'm the bad guy...

Edited by Chipper, 07 January 2010 - 12:15 AM.

"Courtesy is how we got civilized. The blind assertion of rights is what threatens to decivilize us. Everybody's got lots of rights that are set out legally. Responsibilities are not enumerated, for good reason, but they are set into the social fabric. Is it such a sacrifice to not be an a**hole?"

#15 Palisades

Palisades

Northern Lights

• Islander
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:36 PM

This thread, whose purpose was to ask if someone was doing okay, has turned into OT in a microcosm.

FKA:

#16 Lin731

Lin731
  • Islander
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

Exhibit A. for why Spec's probably isn't here. Maybe she's got a case of political burnout going.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Chipper

Chipper

Give it up

• Islander
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

Sorry, Palisade.

#18 SparkyCola

SparkyCola
  • Islander
  • 14,904 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

{{{{{{{Palisade}}}}}}}

I hope Specs returns soon too.

Sparky
Able to entertain a thought without taking it home to meet the parents

#19 MuseZack

MuseZack

132nd S.O.C.

• Demigod
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:57 PM

One need only read this thread to see exactly why she left.  Life's too short...

Still, I miss her.
"Some day, after we have mastered the wind, the waves, the tides, and gravity,
We shall harness for God the energies of Love.
Then, for the second time in the history of the world,
we will have discovered fire."
--Father Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#20 Mary Rose

Mary Rose

Charlie's Asthmatic Angel

• 22,331 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:31 AM

View PostBalderdash, on Jan 6 2010, 02:54 PM, said:

View PostChipper, on Jan 6 2010, 11:51 AM, said:

This is the second public spanking from you, I'm just wondering why I'm the only one who seems to benefit when clearly they are many others who could use your sage counseling.  There is no way in the world that my posting style is worse than some others that I won't mention and yet here we are again.

I'm sorry but when Specs was here she was practically begging for some reasonable discourse.  But I'm sure that it's much easier to put me in my place.

Wow!   The point he made was valid.  I agree with it.  That reaction is way over the top  Especially since  it was made in response to something you said. I mean, this is a discussion board.  People react to what others say.  I don't see how Chipper is the bad guy here.
Mary Rose, Official Missionary for the Church of Beka angst.  Please join us for worship at the EI fanfic board.  Jill-- on what my name badge should say.
Proud Andromeda and Forever Knight fanfic writer
    Posted Image           Posted Image           Posted Image
Proud parent of thriving Beka and Tracy muses
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OT, Missing member, Spectacles, 2010

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users